Ugh!

27 replies to this topic

#1 sosegado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 08:44 AM

Have you ever strung together a block of games that are so monumentally bad that you just want to never log back in again because you know the people you dropped with have every right to see your name in the list and just disconnect?

Nothing you do is right.

No mech you change to seems to break the chain of bad play, not even your 'go to' mech!

No apology seems sufficient?

Well, there's those happy days and then there was my Saturday morning! Posted Image

UGH!

Back to training some more I guess.

Edited by Stab Wound, 26 September 2022 - 08:50 AM.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 08:54 AM

The best thing that you can do is to log out and do something else for a while. Just wait until all currently active players change, all currently active premades are replaced by some other premades, etc.

Just give it an hour or two or so and then try again.

#3 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 26 September 2022 - 08:55 AM

It happens to all of us. Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#4 sosegado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 09:33 AM

Two movies come to my mind when i think of how bad it was:

Kung Fu Panda when Master Shifu says, "Congratulations, there is now a level zero!"

The Replacements when Keanu Reeves was describing what he meant by "Quicksand!"

I was just in my own way all morning!Posted Image

Not bad teams, I was just a terrible team mate.

I apologize to everyone I dropped with.

I should have gone back to bed!

Edited by Stab Wound, 26 September 2022 - 09:33 AM.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 04:55 PM

i usually quit when my gameplay drops below what i consider acceptable. just come back later when you and the matchmaker are in a better mood. forcing myself to play long after the joy has gone out of it is how i end up getting back to t3 so much.

#6 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTraverse City, MI

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:05 PM

yeah it's been bad. this game really punishes you for daring to play a mech you want to play, not the one the cauldron wants you to play.

#7 YueFei

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:25 PM

View PostPixel Hunter, on 26 September 2022 - 05:05 PM, said:

yeah it's been bad. this game really punishes you for daring to play a mech you want to play, not the one the cauldron wants you to play.

LOL. This is ridiculous. The Cauldron wants to make all mechs viable (why let game assets sit there collecting dust, unused by anyone?). They've consistently lavished the biggest buffs on the most under-powered mechs. Now, they can't get to all the mechs at once because PGI has limited resources, but with each patch, the Cauldron buffs up weak mechs every round.

If you wanna be upset at certain mechs being crappy, then be upset at PGI for not doing this sooner, not the Cauldron.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 06:34 PM

some of these mechs are less crappy than they used to be.

#9 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 10:45 PM

Yes. Take an hour or so break and come back.

#10 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,754 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 26 September 2022 - 11:08 PM

I get losing streaks but I don't care I just play as smartly as I can and farm as much damage and vulture kills as I can before I go down. Hell sometimes I pull off a last man standing and win vs multiple mechs or get really close. As long as you are gaining psr win/loss doesn't really matter especially in the long run as winning streaks will always even things out.

#11 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 September 2022 - 12:36 AM

Yes more than i'd like to admit, i do feel its also connected to the mechs i use sometimes.

#12 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 27 September 2022 - 07:54 AM

Yesterday comes to mind....

#13 YueFei

• 2,184 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 02:33 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 26 September 2022 - 06:34 PM, said:

some of these mechs are less crappy than they used to be.

Yeah, I mean, if you only interacted with the Cauldron for a short amount of time, it might feel like your favorite mech(s) are being ignored. But it's just a matter of limited bandwidth and resources to re-quirk mechs, not some desire by the Cauldron to leave bad mechs in the gutter.

For example, me and others have been begging for HBK-4SP buffs for like 1 year. The Cauldron finally got around to giving it buffs last month, and then after evaluating for a bit, they buffed it even more this month. That is not the behavior of a group of people who want bad mechs to stay bad.

Edited by YueFei, 27 September 2022 - 02:34 PM.

#14 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 03:25 AM

View PostPixel Hunter, on 26 September 2022 - 05:05 PM, said:

[Citation needed]

#15 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 September 2022 - 07:25 PM

View PostYueFei, on 27 September 2022 - 02:33 PM, said:

Yeah, I mean, if you only interacted with the Cauldron for a short amount of time, it might feel like your favorite mech(s) are being ignored. But it's just a matter of limited bandwidth and resources to re-quirk mechs, not some desire by the Cauldron to leave bad mechs in the gutter.

For example, me and others have been begging for HBK-4SP buffs for like 1 year. The Cauldron finally got around to giving it buffs last month, and then after evaluating for a bit, they buffed it even more this month. That is not the behavior of a group of people who want bad mechs to stay bad.

Osiris lol, Banshees lol, poor Hatamoto.. they did not fix them..

#16 Maj Destruction

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 28 September 2022 - 09:24 PM

I've had several sessions like that where things go uncannily bad, like loss after loss. I really don't get it. I suppose it's the nature of a massive multiplayer game? Most other skill-based pursuits I engage in aren't like that....I mean, sure, you have bad days and good days, but sometimes I feel like I can do no wrong and other times it's like I'm everybody's punching bag......same mech, same tactics. It's infuriating.

Matt

Edited by Maj Destruction, 28 September 2022 - 09:33 PM.

#17 YueFei

• 2,184 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 11:24 PM

View PostNomad Tech, on 28 September 2022 - 07:25 PM, said:

Osiris lol, Banshees lol, poor Hatamoto.. they did not fix them..

Hatamoto got buffs in this month's patch.

Whose fault was it that those mechs sucked? It wasn't the Cauldron's fault. That's the way those mechs already were well before the Cauldron ever came into the picture.

And since the Cauldron came in, they've been consistently buffing up underperformers. It's just that there's limited resources for re-quirking, and there are a lot of bad robots, so it's taking time to get around to them all.

#18 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 September 2022 - 05:17 AM

"bad" is also a bit subjective. Nowadays it seems "bad" means anything not gigaquirked.

#19 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 05:35 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 29 September 2022 - 05:17 AM, said:

"bad" is also a bit subjective. Nowadays it seems "bad" means anything not gigaquirked.

That's always a problem when quirking is the solution for a 'bad' mech.

#20 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,754 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 29 September 2022 - 11:26 AM

View PostGasboy, on 29 September 2022 - 05:35 AM, said:

That's always a problem when quirking is the solution for a 'bad' mech.

Well the core problem is that battletech mechs which all had designs based around aesthetics and not practicality don't translate well to a real time shooter environment. In the TT you roll dice and look up hit tables which determined what was hit and for how much so the mechs hitboxes had nothing to do with gameplay since damage would be randomly applied. However in the real time world of a shooter the hitboxes absolutely matter along with loadouts and such so some designs inherently work better than others. This is why some of the super bad mechs need giga quirks to compensate for barn door sized torsos or weird weapon combos and hardpoints etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users