Remove Hill Climb -Mistake

8 replies to this topic

Poll: Hill Climb should be removed (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Remove hill climb

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (5 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Fierce Ferret

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 03:37 PM

It's obvious Hill climb isn't going to be changed in any meaningful way. It is like a trap for new players and just an irritation for old players. Just get rid of it, it does nothing but annoy the player base.
This was a mistake, please don't vote.

Edited by Fierce Ferret, 30 September 2022 - 06:15 AM.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 09:25 PM

Hm... care to elaborate why you'd want such a change? I mean, do you want to crest hills slower or not at all?

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 01:18 AM

View PostFierce Ferret, on 27 September 2022 - 03:37 PM, said:

It's obvious Hill climb isn't going to be changed in any meaningful way. It is like a trap for new players and just an irritation for old players. Just get rid of it, it does nothing but annoy the player base.

I see nothing wrong with it.

If somebody finds this skill useful, just let him use it. After all, we are talking about just 3 skill nodes of 91.

And if somebody changes his mind later ... well, he can always deselect those three Hill Climb nodes and unlock new ones.

After all, one skill node costs just 500 XP and 25.000 C-Bills. For 3 nodes you pay 1.500 XP and 75.000 C-Bills. You need just one average game to recoup those costs.

#4 Fierce Ferret

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 06:25 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 27 September 2022 - 09:25 PM, said:

Hm... care to elaborate why you'd want such a change? I mean, do you want to crest hills slower or not at all?

It doesn't work. They won't change it. It wastes new players points. It's a pointless mechanic that only complicates things.

Edited by Fierce Ferret, 28 September 2022 - 06:26 AM.

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 09:16 PM

why do you think so? It was patched from its disfunctional state not long ago and the nodes even got buffed.

• Hill Climb node value changed to -15% (from 5%) - This node now works as intended. Negative is a boost.

https://mwomercs.com...atch-notes/2648

#6 Fierce Ferret

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 06:07 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 28 September 2022 - 09:16 PM, said:

why do you think so? It was patched from its disfunctional state not long ago and the nodes even got buffed.

https://mwomercs.com...atch-notes/2648

You're right! They had changed it and I didn't even notice. I was frustrated because I thought they'd never given it a second thought. I did try it out on a couple mechs and found no discernible difference but that's purely anecdotal. They DID eventually respond to people's feed back regarding hill climb and that's the important factor here.

This was my mistake and I apologize. Thanks for setting me straight! I appreciate your reply! Posted Image

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 30 September 2022 - 10:34 AM

You're absolutely right in that it was broken for years and nobody noticed... taking the nodes actually made you WORSE at climbing hills, not better! For years I was saying to myself "wow, this hill is hard to climb, imagine if I didn't have Hill Climb nodes!" Posted Image

All's well that is patched well. Finally!

#8 Fierce Ferret

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 11:37 AM

Haha! Dang, that's even worse than I thought!

#9 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,943 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 October 2022 - 01:32 AM

Well they should have added a small % of slope angle climbing ability with each node.

So tired of being in a mech that doesn't have jets, that can't step up over obstacles that are like 0.1 mm too high to
walk over.

Thus being stuck in a trench murder hole.

Edited by The Trojan Titan, 01 October 2022 - 02:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users