Martyrdom

11 replies to this topic

#1 sosegado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 09:48 AM

I dropped an artillery strike on myself when it was obvious I was doomed in a match this weekend.

I do that quite a bit actually.Posted Image

I'm alone when I use it. I'm not reckless.

I know I hit 3 enemy mechs surrounding my corpse with that strike, maybe more I didn't see.

The strike was still hitting those mechs when the initial death screen came up.

I always assumed that the damage done by those strikes was added to my damage posthumously,
but this time I actually looked and my initial death damage done and the end of battle report damage done were exactly the same.

Was it always this way? You don't get credit for strikes that do damage after you die? What if you kill an enemy with that strike?

I'm ok with it because it still helps the team to damage those mechs.

I'm not mad, I'm just curious.

Edited by Stab Wound, 03 October 2022 - 10:01 AM.

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 03 October 2022 - 02:12 PM

It's been a while since they changed it (a year or two?) but yeah, damage done after you die no longer registers. If you manage to score a kill with a strike after you die however, I do believe you will get points credit for that.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 October 2022 - 03:35 PM

Kind of sucks that they left such a glaring hole in Match Statistics Tallying before things have actually completed, doesn't it? I've actually been a victim of this exact issue happening before, even though I failed to raise the alarm (SORRY!!!) here on the Forums for others to be aware about! :(

~D. V. "now knows they were never alone on this issue of Post-Death Strikes failing to register what they should" Devnull

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 08:24 PM

i arty strike myself all the time. usually with plans to evade at the last second. i do not always time the gtfo maneuver correctly.

#5 sosegado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 274 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 04:17 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 03 October 2022 - 08:24 PM, said:

i arty strike myself all the time. usually with plans to evade at the last second. i do not always time the gtfo maneuver correctly.

Yeah, this was a tactic I developed out of desperation(vengeance) as an assault pilot.(I didn't invent it for sure, don't get me wrong)

I learned to handle 1 light, then 2 lights, but 3 is too much. So to even the odds and/or get revenge I would arty strike myself.

As it turns out I haven't met a light pilot yet that enjoys bathing in the glory of an arty strike. Posted Image

Now when I find myself in the wrong place at the wrong time piloting any mech and all hope is lost, I use 'Death Blossom'!

View PostD V Devnull, on 03 October 2022 - 03:35 PM, said:

~D. V. "now knows they were never alone on this issue of Post-Death Strikes failing to register what they should" Devnull

You were never alone on this! Posted Image

View PostBud Crue, on 03 October 2022 - 02:12 PM, said:

It's been a while since they changed it (a year or two?) but yeah, damage done after you die no longer registers. If you manage to score a kill with a strike after you die however, I do believe you will get points credit for that.

Wait, so let me ask you this...If I fire ac/uac/lbx and those rounds are on target and going to hit and a light kills me with a backstab after I pull the trigger...what happens to those rounds?

Do they just disappear?

Edited by Stab Wound, 04 October 2022 - 04:58 AM.

#6 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 October 2022 - 06:40 AM

I think its wrong how you get no damage to the enemies after you die, you still let your weapons go. It should register..

#7 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 05 October 2022 - 09:38 AM

If I've still got an arty strike left when I'm dying, I drop it too. Give them a last f**k you! Was actually able to kill a mech that way once.

#8 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 05 October 2022 - 11:48 AM

View PostPocketYoda, on 04 October 2022 - 06:40 AM, said:

I think its wrong how you get no damage to the enemies after you die, you still let your weapons go. It should register..

It registers as damage to the enemy mechs but isn't counted toward your score.

#9 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 05 October 2022 - 12:52 PM

MechWarrior 4 had optional "High Explosive" item, device that compounded your 'Mech's explosion. Essentially, a massive explosive charge.

I wonder how it would work in MechWarrior Online. Posted Image

#10 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 October 2022 - 01:15 PM

I've gotten post-death kills a small number of times by calling arty down on myself when I knew I was about to drop.

I know at some point in the past strike damage done after your death was added to your total. I wasn't even aware that had changed (I kinda' transitioned away from strikes to carrying UAVs).

#11 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 08:51 PM

You can definitely kill mechs with projectiles launched before you die and get the kills. Even got the kill a couple.seconds later from what I assume was a subsequent ammo explosion. Whether or not you get the damage, I have no idea.

#12 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 05:59 AM

Damage done after you're being destroyed does register but is not counted towards your score. Kills and KMDD can be achieved post-death and do count towards your final score.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users