No More Public Polls

7 replies to this topic

#1 Fierce Ferret

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 02:48 AM

It seems we can no longer make polls public. Am I just confused? If not, then can someone please point me to where this has been discussed? Thanks!

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 03:23 AM

View PostFierce Ferret, on 16 October 2022 - 02:48 AM, said:

It seems we can no longer make polls public

You can make polls in some other sections (for example, in the "International" section or in the "Feature Suggestions" sub-section), but not in the General Discussion section.

Am I just confused?

No, you are not.

If not, then can someone please point me to where this has been discussed?

This has never been discussed.

PGI removed the option to create polls in the "General Discussion" forum in Autumn 2014 or so, when they nuked the entire "General Discussion" section. PGI removed that forum, so the MWO players had no way of voicing their discontent with PGI in general and with Russ Bullock in particular.

After PGI reinstated the "General Discussion", the option to create polls has been turned off ever since, as not to give the MWO players a way to vote "against" PGI's / Russ Bullock's steps.

Thanks!

You are welcome!

#3 Fierce Ferret

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 08:24 AM

View Postmartian, on 16 October 2022 - 03:23 AM, said:

You are welcome!

Thanks again, this is really helpful!

I'm thinking they recently made another change with out mentioning it. I was able to make a public poll on 27 SEP 2022 but after 09 OCT 2022 myself and another member could no longer make polls public despite all threads being on the same topic, Feature Suggestions.

#4 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 10:00 AM

View PostFierce Ferret, on 16 October 2022 - 08:24 AM, said:

Thanks again, this is really helpful!

I'm thinking they recently made another change with out mentioning it. I was able to make a public poll on 27 SEP 2022 but after 09 OCT 2022 myself and another member could no longer make polls public despite all threads being on the same topic, Feature Suggestions.

Well, if you are sure, you can use this e-mail to tell PGI that some part of the site functionality is broken:
technical@mwomercs.com

#5 Fierce Ferret

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 12:00 PM

View Postmartian, on 16 October 2022 - 10:00 AM, said:

Well, if you are sure, you can use this e-mail to tell PGI that some part of the site functionality is broken:
technical@mwomercs.com

So, PGI got back to me on Monday and when I went to send them a screen shot of the poll editor the option was there again!

I had tried several time to make a new poll and add the public option. I guess (even though I don't see how) I must have just missed it.

I do try not to be an idiot it just doesn't always work out. Posted Image

#6 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 08:59 AM

View PostFierce Ferret, on 17 October 2022 - 12:00 PM, said:

So, PGI got back to me on Monday and when I went to send them a screen shot of the poll editor the option was there again!

I had tried several time to make a new poll and add the public option. I guess (even though I don't see how) I must have just missed it.

I do try not to be an idiot it just doesn't always work out. Posted Image

That's okay.

Just the usual moment that happens frequently: You want to demonstrate somebody that some equipment is broken ... and that thing starts performing flawlessly when you switch it on, even though it has been impossible to get it work before. Posted Image

#7 Fierce Ferret

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 03:28 PM

View Postmartian, on 18 October 2022 - 08:59 AM, said:

That's okay.

Just the usual moment that happens frequently: You want to demonstrate somebody that some equipment is broken ... and that thing starts performing flawlessly when you switch it on, even though it has been impossible to get it work before. Posted Image

LOL indeed!

#8 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 03:36 AM

View PostFierce Ferret, on 17 October 2022 - 12:00 PM, said:

You can ask them why the players can not create polls in the General Discussion section. I would be interested to hear the answer. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users