• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 05:04 AM

Keep Voice
Keep "Y"
Keep "U"

These can all be used to help the "TEAM"

The only thing that "T" is useful for is to abuse TOS by players who think that because they died you should too. Or is it now okay to give away location of team mates?

Reporting a player BREAKING TOS does nothing, why?
Because the only one reporting is the one who is having their location given away.

#2 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 05:47 AM

And crickets...

#3 sosegado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 274 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 11:37 AM

View PostVixNix, on 19 October 2022 - 05:47 AM, said:

And crickets...

Don't feel bad, I firmly believe that "Feature Suggestions" is just a graveyard.

You could post 100 good ideas here and instead of getting a, "Thank you we will consider it."
you would probably get a forum ban with the admonition, "Stop Spamming This Forum!" Posted Image

You have a very good idea, and even though I support it I really can't do anything but say that it is a good idea.

I notice you're a T1, it's kind of sad if that sort of shenanigans is still happening there.

Edited by Stab Wound, 19 October 2022 - 11:42 AM.

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 19 October 2022 - 01:00 PM

I had to post "bagpipe war horns" in here for four years before it happened. And they had developers back then.

#5 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 01:42 PM

View PostStab Wound, on 19 October 2022 - 11:37 AM, said:

Don't feel bad, I firmly believe that "Feature Suggestions" is just a graveyard.

You could post 100 good ideas here and instead of getting a, "Thank you we will consider it."
you would probably get a forum ban with the admonition, "Stop Spamming This Forum!" Posted Image

You have a very good idea, and even though I support it I really can't do anything but say that it is a good idea.

I notice you're a T1, it's kind of sad if that sort of shenanigans is still happening there.

Thank you!

I'd rather be in tier 4, I think there is more cooperation in the lower tiers...

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 19 October 2022 - 01:00 PM, said:

I had to post "bagpipe war horns" in here for four years before it happened. And they had developers back then.

LOL, and I love that war horn!

#6 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 11:36 AM

A lot of views and not a lot of discussion, sounds like there is no reason not to implement this change.

#7 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 30 October 2022 - 11:42 PM

There is an option to turn off cross chat if you so wish.

You can also mute the offending chatters.

Edited by Meep Meep, 30 October 2022 - 11:43 PM.

#8 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 02:56 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 30 October 2022 - 11:42 PM, said:

There is an option to turn off cross chat if you so wish.

You can also mute the offending chatters.

Of course there is, that will only mean that you do not see it not that it doesn't happen.

That can't stop your "team mates" from violating ToS by giving your position away can it?

We all "know" how well reporting works... unless it's a majority of players reporting nothing happens at all.

Allowing "T" for dead players means they get to choose how you play your game if they want to.

They say things like "Die already!" or "just go die" or they violate ToS and give your position...

Doesn't matter that the Red team can still win, you don't get to choose...

#9 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 31 October 2022 - 03:47 PM

I see. Well I rarely ever see anyone give positions away unless its an afk sitting in base and its the last mech. Giving positions away of active team mates is a sanctionable offense so just report them. As to the rest why does glowing text on a screen bother you so much? I've seen and heard some pretty salty chat some of it directed at me and it ruffles my pantaloons not a bit. Who cares what a stranger that you or anyone you know in real life will never meet or interact with in person.

#10 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 03:51 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 31 October 2022 - 03:47 PM, said:

I see. Well I rarely ever see anyone give positions away unless its an afk sitting in base and its the last mech. Giving positions away of active team mates is a sanctionable offense so just report them. As to the rest why does glowing text on a screen bother you so much? I've seen and heard some pretty salty chat some of it directed at me and it ruffles my pantaloons not a bit. Who cares what a stranger that you or anyone you know in real life will never meet or interact with in person.

Agreed it is a violation of ToS and as you put it sanctionable.

Doesn't stop anyone from doing it, no one cares except the one whos position is being given away.

Reporting does nothing.

What makes you think anything else is being discussed here?

#11 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 31 October 2022 - 04:00 PM

Reporting works for tos breaking actions. If you report for giving away positions they can check chat and verify it. Granted most report categories are useless but that can be easily proven will get actions.

#12 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 04:35 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 31 October 2022 - 04:00 PM, said:

Reporting works for tos breaking actions. If you report for giving away positions they can check chat and verify it. Granted most report categories are useless but that can be easily proven will get actions.

I do not believe that it does.

The usual response "...is go ahead no one cares..."

Edited by VixNix, 31 October 2022 - 04:36 PM.

#13 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 31 October 2022 - 05:58 PM

Volume of reports also come into play. If its just you reporting then most likely it won't trigger the threshold for a human to take a peek. But if most of the players in a given match report the same player then that can trigger a reaction.

#14 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 05:24 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 31 October 2022 - 05:58 PM, said:

Volume of reports also come into play. If its just you reporting then most likely it won't trigger the threshold for a human to take a peek. But if most of the players in a given match report the same player then that can trigger a reaction.

I've already pointed that out...

No one cares about the violation of ToS except the person whos location is being reported.

The removal of "T" for dead players eliminates this issue without affecting game play.

#15 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 01 November 2022 - 05:28 AM

Well thats true for you but apparently not for the majority. If this issue was really rampant and generating mass reports then something would have been done about it. Not trying to crap on your suggestion just injecting a bit of reality.

#16 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 11:35 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 01 November 2022 - 05:28 AM, said:

Well thats true for you but apparently not for the majority. If this issue was really rampant and generating mass reports then something would have been done about it. Not trying to crap on your suggestion just injecting a bit of reality.

It is a case of the only people who report it are the ones it happens to, as you said it takes multiple people reporting to get any response.

To paraphrase you, Because it only happens to a few it's okay to violate ToS.

You are making my point, "T" needs to be removed for dead players.

#17 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 01 November 2022 - 12:03 PM

No, my point is that there are already mechanics to both block annoying chatters and to report any transgressions. If it was an actual issue with enough reporting to justify it then cross chat would have been removed long ago. You don't remove a feature that most use correctly because a few abuse it.

#18 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 02:54 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 01 November 2022 - 12:03 PM, said:

No, my point is that there are already mechanics to both block annoying chatters and to report any transgressions. If it was an actual issue with enough reporting to justify it then cross chat would have been removed long ago. You don't remove a feature that most use correctly because a few abuse it.

And you are again missing the point.
  • I'm not looking to block any chatter, as you say seeing/hearing it is a personal choice.
  • The only people who report the violation of ToS are the ones it's being used against.
  • No one else cares and that's not enough to get PGI to pay attention.
  • Even one time is to much, you are saying it's okay to have some people ruin the game play of other because not enough players will report it.
  • PGI is constantly removing/modifying the game to suit the few while ignoring the requests of the many.

#19 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 01 November 2022 - 08:57 PM

Well, good luck with that.

#20 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 02:25 PM

Happened again today...
Last alive on my team, position repeatedly given away by someone who could not simply let me play the game.

Player reported, want to bet on the outcome?

I'm betting nothing happens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users