How To Limit Fps? (2022)

6 replies to this topic

#1 DasMeenLeem

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 11:01 AM

The last threads I found mentioning this are from like 8 years ago.
I would like to limit the fps of MWO to match my monitor frequency, but theres no option in the ingame settings for that (unless I'm blind?).
And since 2014 the "user.ini" is gone from the game files and profiles are moved to the User folder on the PC and turned into xml.
Do I have to add a few lines into attributes.xml, because this seems to be the one with all the graphics settings?

Why I want to limit the fps? Simple, I get like over 3000 fps in some loading screens and my GPU doesnt like it, especially the coils.
There have been problems with games trying to shove thousands of fps on GPUs and destroying them (New World) and I dont wanna risk it.

#2 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 03:31 PM

HMM i THINK --- you have already answered your own QUESTION, the game runs on the server side, and you are guest to it.

STOP over thinking it and take it as FACT, 1 2 3 4 5,
WONDERS

SAWK CLANNER

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 03:13 AM

Incoherent and incorrect, as expected, SAWK.
All rendering happens on the client side and you can either limit FPS with your GPU's software or within a config file for MWO.
There's a great tool by MrVaad that lets you manage this:
Mwoconfig - Cryengine Config Editor For Mwo

it's completely legal to use, since it just takes settings that can be manually set already and is sanctioned by PGI.

#4 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 25 October 2022 - 11:31 AM

View PostDasMeenLeem, on 24 October 2022 - 11:01 AM, said:

The last threads I found mentioning this are from like 8 years ago.
I would like to limit the fps of MWO to match my monitor frequency, but theres no option in the ingame settings for that (unless I'm blind?).
And since 2014 the "user.ini" is gone from the game files and profiles are moved to the User folder on the PC and turned into xml.
Do I have to add a few lines into attributes.xml, because this seems to be the one with all the graphics settings?

Why I want to limit the fps? Simple, I get like over 3000 fps in some loading screens and my GPU doesnt like it, especially the coils.
There have been problems with games trying to shove thousands of fps on GPUs and destroying them (New World) and I dont wanna risk it.

View PostSawk, on 24 October 2022 - 03:31 PM, said:

HMM i THINK --- you have already answered your own QUESTION, the game runs on the server side, and you are guest to it.

STOP over thinking it and take it as FACT, 1 2 3 4 5,
WONDERS

SAWK CLANNER

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 25 October 2022 - 03:13 AM, said:

Incoherent and incorrect, as expected, SAWK.
All rendering happens on the client side and you can either limit FPS with your GPU's software or within a config file for MWO.
There's a great tool by MrVaad that lets you manage this:
Mwoconfig - Cryengine Config Editor For Mwo

it's completely legal to use, since it just takes settings that can be manually set already and is sanctioned by PGI.

Uhm... People... When we're in the Game Client stuff, what about...

Settings > Video > V-Sync

...or does that not have meaning anymore? :(

~D. V. "Thinking that limiting MWO's graphical FPS should not be rocket science here???" Devnull

#5 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 04:39 PM

LOL---- AIDAN OK I GET IT-- your the engineer, i am the simple TECH, you missed the PART that said your a GUEST, it went right over your head, i really wonder about you smart FOLKS.

SAWK CLANNER

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 09:28 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 25 October 2022 - 11:31 AM, said:

Uhm... People... When we're in the Game Client stuff, what about...

Settings > Video > V-Sync

...or does that not have meaning anymore? Posted Image

~D. V. "Thinking that limiting MWO's graphical FPS should not be rocket science here???" Devnull

It sure is an option. But Vsync has screwed me over too many times in the past... so many bridges burnt, I'd rather go for the other options.

#7 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 04:01 AM

View PostSawk, on 25 October 2022 - 04:39 PM, said:

LOL---- AIDAN OK I GET IT-- your the engineer, i am the simple TECH, you missed the PART that said your a GUEST, it went right over your head, i really wonder about you smart FOLKS.

SAWK CLANNER

It is interesting that my Nvidia control panel lets me set framerates per second, rendering options, etc. I can even set the maximal FPS.

My graphics card uses these settings when rendering MechWarrior Online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users