complaint

1 reply to this topic

#1 TheFixxer27

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 08:52 PM

This event sucks. And any event like this will suck. Do better.

Edited by TheFixxer27, 30 October 2022 - 08:56 PM.

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 31 October 2022 - 08:23 PM

I liked it.

And, because I believe in giving useful, intelligent feedback, I shall explain what I liked.

The event was fun, overall. The amazing firepower that accrued to certain builds during the free-ammo-fest was... a bit much, if you couldn't get one of the handful of 'mechs that support a RL/160 build, but overall it was fun to just drop in and blast things. You got amazing amounts of can er, C-bills, and the matches were popping.

The Monster Mash today was... less fun. For whatever reason, the drop deck turned the battle into more of a grind, even with the enhanced rewards. And then of course there were the Piranhas. Can we talk about the Piranhas? This event showcases something very wrong with that 12-MG/Flamer combo. Yeah, there's a different dynamic in normal play, and tripling armor with an apparently everlasting flamer really made them oppressive. Like, spawn-camping Assaults oppressive. I'm not going to fly off the handle and pretend that one day in an Event queue constitutes an existential balance crisis, but I think the 'mech bears watching. There was a reason I was seeing so many of the things, and I wonder if it was just, "hot map, and it's a lot harder for them to leg/kill me before I get them to their overheat threshold" - or something more.

Anyways, it was a fun event so far, and I've enjoyed it - even most of the matches with Piranha spam.

Edited by Void Angel, 31 October 2022 - 08:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users