event detail objective

4 replies to this topic

#1 Vend-a-Face

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 14 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 07 December 2022 - 02:03 PM

It would not only be helpful but much less frustrating to explain how to achieve an event objective on the objective page. For example, one advent objective is to achieve lance in formation so many times and another was for hit and run. I had no idea what these meant and even after spending time researching opinions and having to sit through someone's interpretation video on the subject, maybe I still don't. Under the objective have an explanation by simply adding, "This is achieved by..."

Thank-you

#2 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 08 December 2022 - 03:09 PM

Even for a veteran player like me some of these are still confusing for example Hit n run is doing 10 damage and not getting hit back... or some other crazy math thing.... honestly explianations for in game rewards really have been lacking since day 1.

Now ones like destroy components, match score, damage are straight foward but others like hit n run, lance in formation are not so straightfoward.

Edited by KursedVixen, 08 December 2022 - 03:11 PM.

#3 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 December 2022 - 05:06 PM

HMM bring back SAYINGs like NASCAR --- to 8h and make stand there, or DEFEND the space, or LEARN to live in a DITCH, because you will die there, all saying.
WHAT is the learning curve of this game, learn to TWIST, that jump jet are for turning, and hills not speed, escape, stop face planting, and learn to use a 2 weapon SYSTEM, for range and hit around 40 PLUS points, learn that even with that it is 4------- shots to kill a mech, can tell how much for A LEG SHOT.

SAWK CLANNER

#4 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 08 December 2022 - 11:05 PM

View PostSawk, on 08 December 2022 - 05:06 PM, said:

HMM bring back SAYINGs like NASCAR --- to 8h and make stand there, or DEFEND the space, or LEARN to live in a DITCH, because you will die there, all saying.
WHAT is the learning curve of this game, learn to TWIST, that jump jet are for turning, and hills not speed, escape, stop face planting, and learn to use a 2 weapon SYSTEM, for range and hit around 40 PLUS points, learn that even with that it is 4------- shots to kill a mech, can tell how much for A LEG SHOT.

SAWK CLANNER
off topic much?

#5 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 17 December 2022 - 04:31 PM

View PostGeneral Staedert, on 07 December 2022 - 02:03 PM, said:

It would not only be helpful but much less frustrating to explain how to achieve an event objective on the objective page. For example, one advent objective is to achieve lance in formation so many times and another was for hit and run. I had no idea what these meant and even after spending time researching opinions and having to sit through someone's interpretation video on the subject, maybe I still don't. Under the objective have an explanation by simply adding, "This is achieved by..."

Thank-you

Grab a fast mech, something that can run past 90kph should do, or rather something with MASC equipped, the shadow cat (SHC-D is the variant I use) should be good for this. Low profile , fast, it has masc, and jumpjets, it spells hit and run.

Go for an enemy that hasn't seen your approach, take a shot at him and then break visual contact and run, you should see a message not long after awarding the points for hit and run.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users