Help Me

6 replies to this topic

#1 Average Clan Enjoyer

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 09:48 PM

I'm not sure why, but since I've gotten back into playing (Tier 5 when I left, Tier 5 returning), I've been on several back-to-back losing streaks that will last multiple actual days. Not because I'm not improving my skill, because MWO's matchmaking puts me against players that are much higher skill that me, not giving me a chance to improve. A Spider with 4 MLs somehow manages to Full-to-zero my Madcat Deathstrike at the beginning of the game, for example. That's just one occasion of the stuff the other players pull off.

#2 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 December 2022 - 12:17 AM

Hey, mate!

When you are in Tier5 ye usually ain't matched against players higher then Tier3. On-going losing streaks (for days) are unlikely to be blamed on the match making only, but - and please do not take that as some sort of offense - more likely on specific battlefield behavior (like getting yourself isolated or generally static/bad positioning) and/or suboptimal build choices. Getting caught by a light as an assault without back up from your team (be that via the team not staying with ye or ye not staying with your team) at least implies that. Once a light attacks you in close quarter combat, you need very, very good aim and a suitable weapon loadout to counter his agility.

Anyhow => Should you still be in need for some experienced assessment about potential flaws / limiting habits regarding your MWO experience, just drop onto our Discord-Server and have some QP-drops with some friendly MWO-veterans that gladly share any hints they have.

Just hop onto the SRoT Discord-Server and you will receive help asap.

See you on the battlefield!

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 29 December 2022 - 12:17 AM.

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 29 December 2022 - 12:52 AM

View PostTrogdorinator, on 28 December 2022 - 09:48 PM, said:

I'm not sure why, but since I've gotten back into playing (Tier 5 when I left, Tier 5 returning), I've been on several back-to-back losing streaks that will last multiple actual days. Not because I'm not improving my skill, because MWO's matchmaking puts me against players that are much higher skill that me, not giving me a chance to improve. A Spider with 4 MLs somehow manages to Full-to-zero my Madcat Deathstrike at the beginning of the game, for example. That's just one occasion of the stuff the other players pull off.

Greetings!

1) The MWO matchmaker sucks.

2) I guess that every MWO players experiences some losing streaks from time to time. However, my losing streaks last about one or two hours (rarely longer), but they do not last not multiple days.

3) Have you tried to modify your tactics, your loadout or switch to a different 'Mech?

4) There is no Spider in MWO capable of carrying four medium lasers.

#4 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 December 2022 - 08:32 AM

So MM has been an issue for a while.

Idk how long you've bee away, but the other piece you need to consider is that after the Tier system rework many more people are stuck in the T3 area instead of just eventually making it upto T1.

Edited by -Winter, 29 December 2022 - 08:38 AM.

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 29 December 2022 - 08:47 AM

View Postmartian, on 29 December 2022 - 12:52 AM, said:

3) Have you tried to modify your tactics, your loadout or switch to a different 'Mech?

4) There is no Spider in MWO capable of carrying four medium lasers.

‘Yeah, as a tier 5 player, you are fairly insulated from the tier 1 and 2 players and will not encounter them often if at all. (There are exceptions, yes, but not common ones.)

So let’s address Martian’s two points. Piloting a Deathstrike? Exclusively, or do you alternate in other mechs? Do you find yourself getting left behind or alone on a flank, taking too much fire while covering ground, or fighting at a range you’re not built to excel at? These are all tactical decisions, and modifying your choices and play style in game will help FAR more than critiquing the enemy force.

#6 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 29 December 2022 - 05:42 PM

Don't feel too bad, once you get at MWO again, it's a great opportunity for you to earn some CBills to improve your MWO CBills economy... you'll need this for expensive engines, buy CBills mech variants, etc.

If you are really in a hurry to get out of the T5 cellar/dungeon, aim for 500+ damage and 8+ Kill Assists for each game! Killing Blow itself contribute very little to your match score...

Oh, and a warm welcome back! Posted Image

View PostTrogdorinator, on 28 December 2022 - 09:48 PM, said:

Edited by w0qj, 29 December 2022 - 05:44 PM.

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 January 2023 - 08:03 PM

You are quite possibly being matched up against other better players, just due to population, but in theory, there should be the same number of good players on both sides. Whether the MM can make that happen in reality may be a different story.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users