Moores Law Is Dead...discuss The Specs, Segmentation, & Margins Of Nvidia Lovelace…and Intel Arc & Rdna 3

3 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 08:18 AM

Moores Law is Dead:
RTX 4000 Performance Claims, DLSS 3 Analysis, Raptor Lake & ARC Pricing, RDNA 3 | Broken Silicon 172 - YouTube
"We discuss the specs, segmentation, & margins of Nvidia Lovelace…and Intel ARC & RDNA 3"

To me DLSS3 if used right can be a mighty tool to enhance game performance but if used flawed it is simply a tool to win benchmarks much more so than the older DLSS versions.
There is nobody stopping you from interpolating as many frames with as little change you want and if you want 10.000 FPS you simply set it so...

Benchmarking will become a Nightmare!

Edited by Thorqemada, 25 September 2022 - 08:18 AM.

#2 Jezza86

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 12:39 PM

I assume intel arc GPU's won't be optimised for mwo any time soon, if ever.

#3 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 06:31 PM

I guess you are right very much.

I hoped Black Friday would bring some more favourable GPU deals to the table but oh my superior aetherical entity what a weak Black Friday this was!

Thx to XFX i get a SWFT 309 RX 6700XT for 399 Euros but i hoped for prices more around 369 Euros or less - yet my RX480 is at the very limit of its capabilities and who knows when i am able to buy a GPU again regarding the surge of expenses that haunts us especially energy which may tripple or quadrouple when my fixed contract runs out next year.
Lucky me uses no Gas then it could be tenfold the usual price - some people start to get bills bigger than their monthly income...

The Nvidia GPUs were so little rebated it was comical, Intel much to expensive for the limited use and compatibility.
But i allways fared well with AMD so its a no brainer to get a 6700XT - they had ten RX6800s for sale at 499 Euros, that would have been good also but no chance to get one.

Its my first XFX, lets hope its as reliable as my Sapphires and Power Colors...

Size could become a problem - the new Case may be a little to short by 7mm but i got it for 30 Euros (Aero Cool Quantum Mesh) so if it does not fit i keep my old Lian Li PC-7A Plus.
I would have liked to buy the Lian Li Lancool 216 but it is not yet out and i would want it in silver colour that is not available, so i bought the black Aero Cool instead for a price that does not amplify my anger over the wrong colour.
The Aero Cool should still have better temps than my old case and i would get rid of legacy stuff like 5,25 and 3,5 Drive ports that take away huge space but it can take the XFX for sure when i remove the HD cage.

So, Intel and Black Friday were not convincing this time...not at all!

Edited by Thorqemada, 27 November 2022 - 08:25 PM.

#4 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 28 November 2022 - 07:54 AM

Got the 6700XT already, 3+ times the FPS compared to my RX480 8GB.

Very Nice!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users