5 replies to this topic

#1 Wikikomoto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 119 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC Canada

Posted 02 January 2023 - 01:33 AM

Hello, I haven't played in a few years, and this wasn't mentioned in the FAQ, and neither did I find it in a quick search of the forums. So sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere, as I just can't seem to find it.

But what's the deal with the hatchet weight on the hatchetman? I just purchased this pack, and I assumed I'd just have an extra 3 tons to mess around with. But the mech is fully layed out. Is the hatchet included in the base weight of the mech?

#2 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 02 January 2023 - 05:30 AM

Unless I'm totally mistaken, the MWO Hatchetman simply has extra heat sinks instead of the Hatchet, and you can remove those heat sinks to gain the tonnage for other use.

#3 Wikikomoto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 January 2023 - 06:52 AM

View PostGagis, on 02 January 2023 - 05:30 AM, said:

Unless I'm totally mistaken, the MWO Hatchetman simply has extra heat sinks instead of the Hatchet, and you can remove those heat sinks to gain the tonnage for other use.

ah yeah, you're right. i ended up just comparing it to the tabletop, and it has a heatsink added in the left torso, right torso and head.

#4 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 January 2023 - 06:52 AM

The hatchets are all bolt ons and bolt ons weigh nothing, at least that's what I have always understood.

#5 Wikikomoto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 January 2023 - 07:35 AM

View PostRondoe, on 02 January 2023 - 06:52 AM, said:

The hatchets are all bolt ons and bolt ons weigh nothing, at least that's what I have always understood.

in game yes, bolt ons weigh nothing. same goes for the hatchetman. there is no difference in weight if you have it equipped or not. but in lore, the hatchet actually weighs 3 tons. since its a weapon.

since its not a weapon in game, they simply added 3 heatsinks to the stock loadout. which is fascinating to me, since i only play stock mechs. this is one of the few times where i'm not... really sure how to be lore accurate with a mech. currently im running it with 3 extra tons empty

#6 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,803 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 02 January 2023 - 09:35 AM

View PostWikikomoto, on 02 January 2023 - 07:35 AM, said:

in game yes, bolt ons weigh nothing

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users