- - - - -

Mwo Sucks! I Just Wanna Hear My Sound!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Starquestman

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 08:23 PM

First of all, I am not a new player. I've been playing MWO since Beta. I've probably spent hundreds of dollars on this game over the years.

Second of all, I HATE the forums now because there is no place to post a freaking technical question. So yall gonna have to deal with this question here or move it wherever the heck it belongs because the way this website is organized sucks.

Finally... what I'm ACTUALLY here for...

I just logged on for the first time in half a year. Was hoping to get back into it, but now I have no effects sound at all.

I have MUSIC volume, and the splash page makes sound on startup, and I have VOIP in-game, but I have absolutely no effects volume at all. Cant here mechs, cant here gunfire, cant hear mouse clicks in the mechlab, etc.

I have tried every single configuration of "playback devices" under the audio settings in-game. I can't find any other audio settings to adjust.

Same issue whether headphones are plugged in or not.

Other sounds from my computer - like Youtube videos - play just fine.

I have this in the omicron log file thing:
"Failed to create stereo device"

I have searched the forums and tried everything that has been suggested, but nothing has worked, and none of the other issues seem to be my specific issue.

MWO IS outputting sound through my computer. It is outputting music sound and VOIP sound. But not Effects sound. The volume slider is all the way up. I've even tried it at different levels.

Somebody help me before I start pulling my hair out please...

...and again, the way this forum is arranged now GREATLY frustrates my issue more. This is not how you support your users. If y'all didn't deliberately block access to help I would not be so grumpy about this.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 11 January 2023 - 09:56 PM

So you get the game’s music and you can adjust the sliders for sound FX, but get no sound FX?

Since you get SOME game sound, it’s not an audio driver issue. So Windows is probably off the hook. And all the game’s sounds will come through one audio playback device, so that’s out too.

Have you tried the repair tool in the MWO Launcher?

#3 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 12 January 2023 - 12:27 PM

I experienced that music sometimes gone astray. Muted it and hear music instead because since november patch launching MWO not mute other 64bit win players! And that is good! Hearing Motörhead during a match is fun!

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 01:02 AM

make sure that the device you intent to use is active when you start the client. Otherwise MWO will not recognize the device for playback.

#5 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,408 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 16 January 2023 - 08:20 AM

Probably a dumb question...

Did you double-check your Audio settings?

[Settings]>>[Audio]>>[Master_Volume], and
[Settings]>>[Audio]>>[Effects_Volume]

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 January 2023 - 02:23 PM

Try technical@mwomercs.com if you're still having issues, but definitely try the repair tool first. Sounds like a file is corrupted.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users