Help With User.cfg (Old Pc)

3 replies to this topic

#1 111psycho

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2023 - 10:00 AM

Hey guys, I have a potato PC (FX 6300, 16 GB of RAM, RX 480 4GB, Crucial BX500 SSD) and I'm having problems keeping a good framerate ingame.

I've already set everything to low except the DirectX version, and I also changed a few settings in the user.cfg file:

Spoiler

Any help would be nice.

Edited by 111psycho, 15 January 2023 - 07:08 AM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 January 2023 - 07:08 PM

• Power settings, set to High Performance?
  • Heatsinks cleared of dust build up, ESPECIALLY the CPU heatsink... Posted Image ? So far, every time I have worked on an AMD CPU, we end up replacing it, primarily to make things easier to clean/clear it up without having to remove the fan/heatsink assembly every time /shudders... For those who are .. included (ie, so I do not have to do the cleaning every time it is needed.....)
  • https://mwomercs.com...de-and-usercfg/

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 15 January 2023 - 07:09 PM.

#3 111psycho

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 05:23 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 15 January 2023 - 07:08 PM, said:

• Power settings, set to High Performance?
  • Heatsinks cleared of dust build up, ESPECIALLY the CPU heatsink... Posted Image ? So far, every time I have worked on an AMD CPU, we end up replacing it, primarily to make things easier to clean/clear it up without having to remove the fan/heatsink assembly every time /shudders... For those who are .. included (ie, so I do not have to do the cleaning every time it is needed.....)
  • https://mwomercs.com...de-and-usercfg/

Yes for both.

#4 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 January 2023 - 06:50 AM

Did you try the user.cfg in that link or are you still using using the cfg in your first post ?

I'm at work right now but there's some errors in your cfg. I remember Larsh mixed some sections of my cfg in his own.
But if this is the result, there's a few lines that cancel the benefits :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users