- - - - -

Why Can't I Post In The Mw5 Section?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Obsidian Wolf

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 06:25 PM

I am unable to reply or post in the MW5 section, or the General Discussion area. Is there something I need to do to be able to post there?

#2 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 January 2023 - 06:31 PM

Have you finished your 25 missions as a cadet yet?

#3 Obsidian Wolf

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 06:37 PM

Not likely as I never really got into MWO. I just find it odd I cannot post in the MW5 subforum as an owner of the game. Whatever I guess, I'll move on.

#4 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 January 2023 - 06:46 PM

Hmm I don't play MW5mercs.

Is there an intro that has to be completed before you can post?

Another game I play is like that. You have to complete the introduction part of the game before you can use the forums
or use anything other than the basic chat channels.

#5 Obsidian Wolf

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 06:56 PM

Well the game isn't really tied to this account, but same developer. I guess I just didn't expect the forums to be so locked down. I just wanted to talk about the game, but I'll have to go elsewhere unfortunately.

#6 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 10:51 PM

Greetings Obsidian Wolf,

sadly, bad mannered people forced this posting restriction upon everyone.
Changes to New Player Post Requirements!
But you can always join the official MW5/MWO Discord to talk about the game.

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 17 January 2023 - 07:51 AM

Well this IS a forum for MWO. But it is odd that you have to play MWO before you're allowed to talk about MW5. Thanks, aforementioned bad mannered people! Posted Image

#8 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 17 January 2023 - 11:20 AM

View PostObsidian Wolf, on 16 January 2023 - 06:56 PM, said:

Well the game isn't really tied to this account, but same developer. I guess I just didn't expect the forums to be so locked down. I just wanted to talk about the game, but I'll have to go elsewhere unfortunately.

Like Ekson says, they didn't used to be as restricted. But the people who were told by the Goons that they needed to let it go, got MWO banned from being discussed on the Star Citizen forums by flaming anyone who disagreed with their rants, and engaged in a literal disinformation campaign telling flat-out lies during the Steam release... well. Those people also would make dummy accounts and spam the forums with flame posts and rabid screaming (there was an adbot, too.) So, now we have match restrictions to post. =/

This is why we cannot have nice things.

#9 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 January 2023 - 05:47 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 17 January 2023 - 07:51 AM, said:

Well this IS a forum for MWO. But it is odd that you have to play MWO before you're allowed to talk about MW5. Thanks, aforementioned bad mannered people! Posted Image

That's because this site was made solely for MWO and there's a subsection for MW5 just because PGI decided not to make a dedicated site for MW5 (beyond informational/marketing). Suppose they saw the trend was towards discord and just felt it was unnecessary to have a full website. I suppose that's true since this forum infrastructure is rather dated and a bit clunky today and MW5 is a single player game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users