Mw5 So Many Updates One After The Other

5 replies to this topic

#1 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 03:56 PM

So I bought the first three DLC's on Epic last night and am now hitting the Update button in the Epic Launcher for about the 28th time back to back and watching MW5 update....again...and again...and again....but still can't play as there seem to be endless updates. They do download and verify but there's always another....

WTF?

Am I doing something wrong or have people actually made this game do this on purpose?

I've literally been doing manual updates for two hours now....

Edited by An6ryMan69, 20 January 2023 - 03:59 PM.

#2 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 04:32 PM

I don't know how epic's system works but it sounds like somethings gone awry in that install. I'd uninstall and do a fresh one.

Steam just auto updates in the back, and I had no issues doing the same with all the dlc's at once, or later one with a bunch of mods at once.

#3 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 05:49 PM

Why do you keep hitting the update button? lol.

There's definitely something wrong. I've never seen it do that and use the launcher all time.

#4 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 06:46 PM

I was hitting the update button because instead of running the game the only option was Update, then it would download and verify...and then go back to Update.

Anyways, shutting down Epic and restarting it did not work, but a full computer restart did work, after two hours of silliness...

:)

#5 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 06:57 PM

Good to hear it, hope you enjoy it as much as I did with a couple weeks off work for Christmas and New Years. The story is kind of uninspired like the acting but if you just treat it like an 80s campy scifi its about par for the course.

I'd personally recommend at least playing through all the main content/dlcs and getting to the end game where the new zones are all quite heavy drops before adding Yaml, and the few others recommended to go with it - it does make the game better in some aspects but kind of would abstract the game loop/story if you ran it modded the first run through.

The lack of arcade feel made it so much better to me.

(Hint, let the ai pilot the cent once you have a second pilot it will save you a lot of frustration. Cent's are still pretty bad, especially early on before you have access to some of the alternative weapons.)

#6 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 21 January 2023 - 12:05 AM

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 20 January 2023 - 06:46 PM, said:

Anyways, shutting down Epic and restarting it did not work, but a full computer restart did work, after two hours of silliness...

Posted Image

Glad it did work out for you!
That is the reason i still restart my whole computer after installing software to not run into such issues - Windows is still not that developed it will run flawless without restart in certain cases.

Edited by Thorqemada, 21 January 2023 - 12:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users