Mech Factory Map

7 replies to this topic

#1 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 07:13 PM

Wow is that map a lot of not fun to play on.

I stopped playing around the time of S7 coming into the game, totally forgot just how bad that map is for flow of a match. Either doing laps or getting stuck/watching your opponent get stuck on all the random terrain scattered densely all over.

The Steiner map is vastly superior, enough height and features to work for cover and elevation, open enough that its not a pin the tail on the tripping donkey match.

Don't remember the other maps at all so it should be interesting seeing them again, hopefully they are more like the Steiner map and not at all like the factory one.

#2 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 20 January 2023 - 07:24 PM

I wish there was a derby mode my favorite map :)

Posted Image

Every map has a trick and a way of attacking. trouble memorizing :)

#3 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 07:36 PM

I got bored of it, was winning probably 8/10 or 9/10 matches so I wasn't getting frustrated that the map was killing me, its just not an enjoyable map to play so loaded down densely.

For me it wasn't even worth the extra c-bills, if that Steiner map was up on a Friday night I'd have dropped in the mode all night win or lose (I was more like 6-7/10 on that map real shame it was on a Thursday night) the brawling was 100 times more enjoyable not tripping over a bunch of garbage everywhere ending up nose to nose because neither player has enough room to break engagement.

#4 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 January 2023 - 09:41 PM

Seismic Skill Nodes are very useful in this mech factory map!
(Along with the caves map too)

#5 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 10:54 PM

View Postw0qj, on 20 January 2023 - 09:41 PM, said:

Seismic Skill Nodes are very useful in this mech factory map!
(Along with the caves map too)

It's not the fighting I have a problem with, its the crap they have all over the map that limits/stops/trips movement. I was doing quite well as far as the fighting goes because everyone is at the same disadvantage, for the most part my build just had far better heat management while sustaining slightly better damage.

Seismic would never have been an issue in any of the drops I had, once we found each other we brawled it out dodging crap the best we could. Nobody was hiding, mostly ring around the rosie until one of us spotted the other, then get after it. Its just not an enjoyable map to play on.

#6 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 21 January 2023 - 10:28 PM

I didn't care for the cave map either, but at least it wasn't cluttered with piles of nonsense to stop your movement.

#7 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 05:20 AM

This thread was moved to the more fitting forum section The Factory

#8 H4RDCA5E

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 12:43 PM

Way too cramped, a bit too dark. Should be worked on, but other than the size problems it has potential

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users