Custom Platinum Collection

32 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 01:39 PM

CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN IS OR CLAN PLATINUM COLLECTION!

Select one of each weight class for $20!

#2 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 01:54 PM

Does this mean we can get duplicates of ones we already have?

Is there also going to be a plat pack 11 of the new mechs, or is custom pack the intended way to get the 10 new IS mechs added this patch?

#3 Ysur

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 02:15 PM

So, been waiting to see how this has been implemented. I am glad you have added this option, but I feel this is poorly done at this point. The new platinum mechs should be available in Packs like the first 10 iterations as well as in the custom packs. While the custom collections are a great addition, they are not flexible enough for those who have been supporting the game.

As a supporter of the game, I have purchased all the custom packs to date, even if I didn't particularly like the mech choices simply to show my support for the game. With the distribution of the 10 new IS mechs, I would love to add them, but this now means that I can only purchase one custom collection without including at least one duplicate and to get them all I need to purchase 4 custom collections including 6 mechs I already own just to get all 10.

Consider adding one or more packs with at least the "overflow" of the 6 new mech chassis. Then we can at least buy one custom collection and the new pack(s) to get all 10 new mechs. Right now it seems kind of like you are punishing those who have supported the game all along to get more people to spend money generally with the custom collections.

#4 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 02:43 PM

Could we mix and match clan and IS? so if I wanted a light and medium IS but a heavy and assault clan I could do that?

#5 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 03:13 PM

While I'm not particularly interested in shiny skins - why would you not allow folks to buy multiples of a weight class? A lot of people are like me and only play one or two weights.

Or across the clan/is lines. Its not like the division of the two really matters all that much since FP was never developed.

#6 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:42 PM

View Postsycocys, on 24 January 2023 - 03:13 PM, said:

While I'm not particularly interested in shiny skins - why would you not allow folks to buy multiples of a weight class? A lot of people are like me and only play one or two weights. Or across the clan/is lines. Its not like the division of the two really matters all that much since FP was never developed.

If they allow any number or weight class now, then there will be a lot of whining from people who felt forced into the previous packs, or who think different weight classes should cost different amount.

#7 Ysur

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:47 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 24 January 2023 - 04:42 PM, said:

If they allow any number or weight class now, then there will be a lot of whining from people who felt forced into the previous packs, or who think different weight classes should cost different amount.

Make it "flex" pricing. A: $6.5, H: $5.5, M: $4.5, L: $3.5. One of each weight class equals $20.

#8 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 05:13 PM

I guess I never looked closely, but I don't think they charge anything different for the patterns for different weights, realistically that's all this is plus a (P) next to the name. Would estimate that everyone looking at these already owns the variant or the majority of the variants.

#9 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 24 January 2023 - 05:22 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 24 January 2023 - 01:54 PM, said:

Does this mean we can get duplicates of ones we already have?

Is there also going to be a plat pack 11 of the new mechs, or is custom pack the intended way to get the 10 new IS mechs added this patch?

Yup, I mistakenly thought I would be able to sell off the duplicates, but now I'm sitting with 2x JVN and 3x ON1's... :(

#10 killkimno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 05:47 PM

ok custom collection store will be cool.
but pgi, what the..

1. Where are new package?

2. have to buy different weight classes. PGI add new 10 mechs, 2 light, 3 medium, 1 heavy, 4 assult

so If i want to buy everything, you have to buy the custom collection 4 times with a lot of duplicate mech. really??

3. Where are new collection mech event?

4. Because it was only provided as an event, you can purchase mech that were not included in the package - like crusader 6t - hmm

Edited by killkimno, 24 January 2023 - 05:51 PM.

#11 PiVoR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 January 2023 - 05:57 PM

im already sad cause i was forced to get mechs that i have 0 interest in using

#12 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 24 January 2023 - 06:56 PM

1. The Custom Platinum Collection page is here!
https://mwomercs.com...inum-collection

2. The new Platinum Collection Events 08/09/10 are here as usual.
https://mwomercs.com/events
Personal guess: there might be no more new Platinum Collection Events going forward. Just my own personal guess.
Perhaps one of the last easier chances to get those +CBills & +XP bonus hanging/standing cockpit items!!

3. Every 2022 Loyalty Platinum Mechs are now available via this new Custom Platinum Collection!
CRD-6T(P), SNS-D(P), COR-7A(P), PXH-1B(P), HMN-P(P), & RGH-3A(P) !

4x CRD-6T(P) stable for Weekend Events, anyone? ;)

View Postkillkimno, on 24 January 2023 - 05:47 PM, said:

...custom collection store will be cool. ...

1. Where are new package? ...

3. Where are new collection mech event?

4. Because it was only provided as an event, you can purchase mech that were not included in the package - like crusader 6t ...

#13 killkimno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 07:26 PM

View Postw0qj, on 24 January 2023 - 06:56 PM, said:

Personal guess: there might be no more new Platinum Collection Events going forward. Just my own personal guess.
Perhaps one of the last easier chances to get those +CBills & +XP bonus hanging/standing cockpit items!!

i mean where are new mech package. not custom collection
and there are no new mech event
im already complete 1~10 mech event.

where are firestarter / javelin / vulcan / dervish / kintaro / champion / awesome / highlander / victor / banshee event.

PGI is suggesting a worse BM model.

Edited by killkimno, 24 January 2023 - 07:30 PM.

#14 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 10:11 PM

View PostYsur, on 24 January 2023 - 02:15 PM, said:

So, been waiting to see how this has been implemented. I am glad you have added this option, but I feel this is poorly done at this point. The new platinum mechs should be available in Packs like the first 10 iterations as well as in the custom packs. While the custom collections are a great addition, they are not flexible enough for those who have been supporting the game.

As a supporter of the game, I have purchased all the custom packs to date, even if I didn't particularly like the mech choices simply to show my support for the game. With the distribution of the 10 new IS mechs, I would love to add them, but this now means that I can only purchase one custom collection without including at least one duplicate and to get them all I need to purchase 4 custom collections including 6 mechs I already own just to get all 10.

Consider adding one or more packs with at least the "overflow" of the 6 new mech chassis. Then we can at least buy one custom collection and the new pack(s) to get all 10 new mechs. Right now it seems kind of like you are punishing those who have supported the game all along to get more people to spend money generally with the custom collections.

I totally have the same feeling as you. I purchased all the previous platinum collections to support the game and ready to do the same for the latest set of 10 mechs. If PGI want to make us to choose 1 from each class, then at least balance the available classes of the mechs with 2/3/4 of each instead of only 2 lights, 3 mediums, 1 heavy & 4 assults which force us to either buy only 1 set of mechs, or having duplicates of the mechs.

It is not that I'm bothered with duplicate mechs, but been "forced" to do so is another matter. I bought multiple packs of the New Player Packs with multiple urbies & kit foxes in my mech bays. I bought multiple packs is because I saw the value in them and not because I love urbies & kit foxes that much.

Furthermore there's no event for the new platinum mechs which usually comes with c-bils & xp bonuses cockpit items. As these cockpit items are non-MC-purchasable, they are also 1 of my considerations when I decided to purchase the platinum collections. If not becuase of these cockpit items, i could have just waited to purchase these platinum collections only when they go on sales.

Hope PGI can hear us and find a way to remendy this badly introduced platinum collection.

Edited by NiceDad, 24 January 2023 - 11:00 PM.

#15 Not Him

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 06:14 AM

Does the package comes with mech bays ?
can't find any info if it does.

I agree to the points stated,
but I also would love to mix and match between IS / clan.
and only with a curtain class.

4 MADs please.

#16 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 January 2023 - 06:59 AM

I had a question.
Given that the remaining Chassis getting platinum paint don't have equal number of lights, meds, heavies and assaults, would someone that's going for a "collect them all" approach have to buy multiple duplicates of mechs they already have to be able to get all the platinum mechs with this new model being based on Light-Medium-Heavy-Assault custom pack?

For example, let's say someone has all the platinum packs up until the new custom packs. And now they want to buy both the Firestarter and Javelin Platinums (which are newly added with the custom packs). Because the Champion is the only heavy platinum introduced in the custom pack, and can be included in one of the purchases, it means that to get both lights mentioned, They have to choose another heavy they already have, to be able to buy both lights.
It's worse for the Assaults, since 4 new ones was added with customs which would need buying 3 duplicate heavy platinums, 2 duplicate lights, and 1 medium.

Is it possible to make the custom packs in a way so it is not light-med-heavy-assault only model, but just mech-mech-mech-mech?

Edited by Navid A1, 25 January 2023 - 07:00 AM.

#17 chaosshade2638

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 25 January 2023 - 07:08 AM

The implication for "customize your own platinum collection" is that you can pick any four mechs you like. I don't mind the split-up between IS and Clan, that's fine. Lemme pick four assaults T^T

#18 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 08:10 AM

View Postw0qj, on 24 January 2023 - 06:56 PM, said:

3. Every 2022 Loyalty Platinum Mechs are now available via this new Custom Platinum Collection!
CRD-6T(P), SNS-D(P), COR-7A(P), PXH-1B(P), HMN-P(P), & RGH-3A(P) !

4x CRD-6T(P) stable for Weekend Events, anyone? Posted Image

Are you part of the MWO Support Crew ?

If not, then you really should be considering all the effort you put into answering questions of many players!

gg my guy :)

#19 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 25 January 2023 - 11:24 AM

Iif i could choose 4 Mechs that I want to give them the (P) + c Bill Boost okay. The option to select 4Mechs from existing P Mechs nope.
Still waiting for the option to give my favorite Mechs a (S) (P) or whatever (?)+C Bill Boost

#20 Rabid Imp

• PipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 06:01 PM

You almost had me...

This is what I've been waiting for; the ability to pick whatever mech I want as part of the platinum collection! O wait, no it's not...I have to pick a mech from each weight class...

As someone who never plays assaults, and hardly heavies its just not worth it.

Nope. Close. But no cigar.

Let people pick what they want, even adjust the pricing depending on what people pick...I would have chosen 4 lights.

After all these years I still do not understand what you guys about giving people choices...

Edited by Rabid Imp, 26 January 2023 - 12:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users