Cannot Get Mwo Audio Sound Into My Wireless Bluetooth Headset (Win10)

5 replies to this topic

#1 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 24 January 2023 - 09:04 PM

Question, did anyone get MWO / Win10 to work with wireless bluetooth headset?

1. Without MWO game client running, I can get my wireless bluetooth headset fully working with Win10. Can play Youtube, other audio sounds, etc. and hear it on my wireless bluetooth headset.
ie: Win10 works fully with my wireless bluetooth headset.

eg: Youtube - The MX90 monster

2. With MWO game client running, I cannot get my wireless bluetooth headset working.
~No MWO sounds coming into my wireless bluetooth headset.

******In fact, there is no sounds at all coming from my wireless bluetooth headset from anything, no sounds from Win10 programs, no sounds from above (1) Youtube, etc. from the moment that the MWO game client starts running in the background.

3. The moment that I manually close the MWO game client, my wireless bluetooth headset fully working with Win10 again, same as the above (1) scenario!

Obviously MWO game client is somehow preventing sounds from coming through, MWO or Win10.

4. FYI, my MWO game audio settings have been set to "100%" volume for everything; all are enabled.

5. Connecting my same headset through the 2.5mm audio jack works, giving both MWO game client yields sound, and Win10 and programs all sounds normal.

What gives??

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 09:59 PM

be sure the mic is set as default device and the headset speaker is set to default communications device in the sound control panel (use the classic panel and not settings). it sucks if you have multiple wireless devices because windows will change the default if the device is not available, and often to something you don't want. disabling devices you dont use can help, as the game keeps trying to send audio to my monitor, and i had to disable that device to stop it.

the game does let you specify a device manually, and this ignores the default, but you need to make sure the device is connected before you start the game every damn time, or it will forget and you have to set it again.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 January 2023 - 10:01 PM.

#3 confracto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 111 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 January 2023 - 10:06 PM

yeah, I've been having this same issue lately with my new PC, but never with the old one. Lord Nothings' suggestion of literally hand-double-checking sound settings sounds like a reasonable first move, and I'll try that myself next time.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 10:12 PM

this is actually a good example of something i blame windows for. they way it handles wireless devices and setting defaults sucks. i wish i could set device priority or setup profiles or something.

i also have way too many audio devices, got the mobo sound, gpu, monitor, vr has like 3 sets of speakers and mics, i have headphones for music, but they lag too much for games, and i got my ancient bluetooth headset i use for coms. i disable everything i dont use so i can find the others in device lists.

if you want both stereo, voice and a mic all at the same time, you need a specific gaming headset with a non bluetooth radio because bluetooth is possibly the worst wireless protocol in existence, with lag that can sometimes be measured in seconds. and because of bandwidth constraints cant fit voice and audio on the same device.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 January 2023 - 10:26 PM.

#5 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:04 AM

This thread has been moved to the Workarounds section.

#6 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 25 January 2023 - 03:52 PM

I've tried wireless and usb headsets over the years and they always end up with issues on some games. I just buy quality wired sets now and zero issues. Good luck figuring it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users