4 replies to this topic

#1 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 11:50 AM

It's just not fun.

Rather there should be specific game modes (besides the one) crafted specifically for faction play....just not domination, anything that looks like a military operation described in lore would be cool I'd say.

Really hope Im with the majority on this one.

#2 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:53 PM

If want such military operations for realz... Incursion is the closest thing apart from Siege. A real interpretation would need lotz-o-stuffz MWO not haz as is: infantry, vehicles, proper defensive structures all ride by AI bots. Otherwise players would go for "kill-a-kan" mentality and just kill, kill n kill...

But true. Incursion would be better for FP than Domination. Incursion is complex and fun just noone luvs poor Incursion in QP... To bad, hunh?

Oh, and forgot proper dropshipz for your idea! The egg-shaped flyin' fortressez ye know. Then sit in defensive side would kill the rest of FP, sad, sad thing Imah thinkz...

Apart from that... Frankly, FP became the ******* child of MWO. No real cares for it by the devs. Heck, random ceasefires are as regular as patches lately! They not cared to write a 4-7 line code what automatically re-launch FP, no, we need face with ceasefires and ask them "pretty please, give us back our boytoy as we wanna plaaaaay!!!"

Not wanted shatter dreams or such, sorry. I am a well known jerk if I ever reply to everything...

#3 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 26 January 2023 - 08:41 AM

would help in Faction play if the dropship actually killed people who either got to close or spawn camped. (Didn't back when I played)

Edited by KursedVixen, 26 January 2023 - 08:42 AM.

#4 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 03:51 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 26 January 2023 - 08:41 AM, said:

would help in Faction play if the dropship actually killed people who either got to close or spawn camped. (Didn't back when I played)

- It does, it can actually kill a player, but the fire power should be increased or the capacity to target multiple enemies at least, all too often folks find themselves overwhelmed by the enemy team, they just sit there waiting for their targets to respawn.

Like I don't know maybe artillery should rain on them or something.

#5 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 03:56 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 25 January 2023 - 12:53 PM, said:

If want such military operations for realz... Incursion is the closest thing apart from Siege. A real interpretation would need lotz-o-stuffz MWO not haz as is: infantry, vehicles, proper defensive structures all ride by AI bots. Otherwise players would go for "kill-a-kan" mentality and just kill, kill n kill...

But true. Incursion would be better for FP than Domination. Incursion is complex and fun just noone luvs poor Incursion in QP... To bad, hunh?

Oh, and forgot proper dropshipz for your idea! The egg-shaped flyin' fortressez ye know. Then sit in defensive side would kill the rest of FP, sad, sad thing Imah thinkz...

Apart from that... Frankly, FP became the ******* child of MWO. No real cares for it by the devs. Heck, random ceasefires are as regular as patches lately! They not cared to write a 4-7 line code what automatically re-launch FP, no, we need face with ceasefires and ask them "pretty please, give us back our boytoy as we wanna plaaaaay!!!"

Not wanted shatter dreams or such, sorry. I am a well known jerk if I ever reply to everything...

- incursion isnt bad just...well whe I first played I didn't know wth was going on, and it was like at lost because it does feel like one should be doing something...besides destroying the enemy. But yeah I do like the feeling, invading the base taking down defenses and the few survivors in their last stand, still feels like a shy attempt at reminding the player there is supposed to be a war going on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users