6 replies to this topic

#1 Galderris Drakon

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2023 - 04:21 PM

I have an i7-12700, rtx 3070ti, 48gbs of ram, and win10
I play on steam have no mods, raytracing is off, maximum graphics

I have been experiencing crashes that say in summary (running out of video memory) followed by game crash. The game ram usage is 12gb after ONE warzone mission the ram goes up to my max of 48 then crash every time.

I have tried new drivers, old drivers, fresh install, verifying game files, lowering graphics to all low
it still crashes I am now posting here as I love MechWarrior but am lost as to WTF is going on.

all this only happens to me on MechWarrior nothing else. Is this a memory leak or bug as I have done everything I can think of. I love MechWarrior. MW2 was my first ever game I want to play but cant even play one mission with out crash.

It has been doing this before the DLC update about 2 months now

#2 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 January 2023 - 09:40 PM

That's weird, I run with 8 gigs of ram and other than mods I'm sorting through to eliminate my current slow down don't have any issues with MW5.

This game on the other hand, when audio triggers de-sync the game freezes up because it spikes my ram, then my dsp. Basically freaks out the usb path as best as I can tell, but windows handles audio in about the stupidest way so that doesn't help.

#3 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 02:36 AM

Video Mem is the amount of memory on your 3070ti and i guess is 8GB which is not that much anymore.

If VRAM is the problem try lower settings.

#4 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 28 January 2023 - 02:50 AM

I have had issues with DLSS from time to time. Are you running any mods?

This might be worth posting in this Facebook group too, which is much more active than this forum,

https://www.facebook...388207311984145

#5 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 29 January 2023 - 06:26 PM

Try posting over on the MW5 Reddit. It is significantly more active than here, and a great community.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mechwarrior5/

Even though I have not experienced your issue, there may be others that have.

#6 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 05:07 PM

Out of video memory many times in games is related to shader cache. I'm not seen this at all on mw5 with a 2060 but haven't yet played it since the patch drop this month so it might be a new issue or your computer is not happy with you. Not sure which.

#7 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 05:41 AM

Is his drive space to low then?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users