Mechwarrior 5 I Can't Play Headache

6 replies to this topic

#1 Octobomb

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 07:41 AM

So i been playing MechWarrior Online since Launch so many years ago. I booted up MechWarrior 5 and the first person walking just gives me a huge headache. The amount of moving from the screen gives me headaches from the light mechs. I wish there was third person, so badly, because I can't even get past the first mission. Back to MWO... I go....anyone else have such a problem?

#2 jacpring

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 08:09 AM

I wanted to like MW5 too. Revisited it a year after launch once the mod community had fixed the game for them. You're not the only one the physics feel off for. Steam and nexus mod manager both have great support for the game at this point.

#3 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 09:21 AM

I makes a lot more sense to me than the shuffling this game does, imo should have some more camber and sway though it is a bit vertical only. And some cockpit shake from the steps.

#4 Therax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 09:27 AM

You are not the only person who has an issue with MW5 cockpit bob. I have a friend who gets motion sick from the MW5 cockpit movement. My understanding that someone has made a mod to remove the cockpit motion from MW5 but my friend and I have not tried it out yet.

#5 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 10:00 AM

There is 3rd person in match. I think the key to toggle is "V"

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 05:13 PM

i used to get motion sickness in mwo back when i was still using that old 750ti. my temp fix was to lock my arms. unlock is what set it off. later when i upgraded my hardware i found i could run unlocked without the nausea. though ive never had that problem in mw5.

only other time i ever got motion sick in games is on some where the aspect ratio was set wrong and the screen was stretching it to fit. i dont remember what games specifically but that was back when we were transitioning from 4:3 monitors to various widescreen formats. a lot of games just couldnt handle those right.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 January 2023 - 05:14 PM.

#7 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 01:50 AM

This topic has been moved to the appropriate subsection: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users