Fp Matchmaker Really Broken

18 replies to this topic

#1 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 12:33 PM

I know that there isnt any matching for solos, but this is just stupid.

I just waited for attack lobby to fill. final number was 17/24 when match kicked in.

I joined solo in que when it was 2/2, three 4mans joined and some solos joined. Last 4man joined when there was 40 seconds in que. It started match with two 4mans and me and solos or one 2man. it should have kicked me and solos and maybe 2man if there was on lobby before i joined.

Watched the 4man on stream and our match started like 7-9 seconds before the their counter went to zero and they got skipped.

So whats wrong here?

Matchmaker doesnt allow three 4mans?
Clock for searching mathces is messed up for NA, OCEANIC and EU. Somekind lag between continents?

Edited by Kotis77, 29 January 2023 - 12:51 PM.

#2 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 12:34 PM

They had no "your team is next in que" counter. 2 mins earlier and mm would have skipped u

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 02 February 2023 - 12:37 PM.

#3 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 02:16 PM

seems to be the case here. so how does that garbage que system works then?

i tought only priority is on groups, but guess its on cadets and newplayers

my group has been skipped while reading "your team is next on que"

Edited by Kotis77, 02 February 2023 - 02:20 PM.

#4 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 11:17 PM

Then probably there where other at least 4 mans with the Token as well (forget the text, its just kind of a tie breaker). Or your combination with other groups wasn't viable (like another 9man)

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 02 February 2023 - 11:18 PM.

#5 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 05:31 PM

Way i see is 3 secs in video first 4man joins. 18secs second 4man joins. 4mins 19 secs last 4man joins.

Heres Yondus group joining https://www.twitch.t...3796?t=3h11m38s

Can someone explain what is going on?

Watch que in right uptop, not the center. Center seems to be messed up.

Edited by Kotis77, 03 February 2023 - 05:38 PM.

#6 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 06:10 PM

View PostKotis77, on 03 February 2023 - 05:31 PM, said:

Way i see is 3 secs in video first 4man joins. 18secs second 4man joins. 4mins 19 secs last 4man joins.

Heres Yondus group joining https://www.twitch.t...3796?t=3h11m38s

Can someone explain what is going on?

Watch que in right uptop, not the center. Center seems to be messed up.

At 2:30 in your video, it's you + 11 people attacking when the clock reaches 0, so there are 12 people with priority. No group can squeeze in the next cycle so long as none of these 12 people exit the queue as the MM first tries to make a match with only people with priority, and only when that fails does it consider other people.

#7 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 07:03 PM

Here is result

https://imgur.com/hlkrVmp

Something needs to be done to que system.

#8 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 08:18 PM

View PostKotis77, on 03 February 2023 - 07:03 PM, said:

Here is result

https://imgur.com/hlkrVmp

Something needs to be done to que system.

Nothing can be done with the queue system since FP pop is low. Without a full rebuild of the mode to draw people in, the easiest way is to adjust the tonnage limits in the lobby. Everyone launches with 160 ton decks, and based on the strength of the respective teams, each team receives a dynamic tonnage limit to make matches closer.

#9 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 09:59 PM

Is it so hard to raise que kicking off time to 5-10mins on EU time to get best possible matches?

#10 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 10:42 PM

View PostKotis77, on 03 February 2023 - 09:59 PM, said:

Is it so hard to raise que kicking off time to 5-10mins on EU time to get best possible matches?

Would that really result in better matches?

As far as wait time, if the queue is 14-17 for 4.5 minutes without launching, would it make you happy?

#11 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 05 February 2023 - 06:23 AM

Even the normal game is too late today. very few users. everyone is playing 5.

https://www.youtube....gIIAg%253D%253D

day one search on youtube.

#12 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 08:16 AM

View PostNightbird, on 03 February 2023 - 10:42 PM, said:

Would that really result in better matches?

As far as wait time, if the queue is 14-17 for 4.5 minutes without launching, would it make you happy?

Usually in FP EU prime there is 2 matches going on. One harder match and one less hard. What we got going on now is one side fill when other match is going on. So one side fill with maybe one group and solos and they get promise to get in match while harder match players are coming out of match. So puggies and one group get the match against players coming from harder match. And the other players from harder match is put against puggies on the next match.

Is this what you call good system? Is longer que system gonna make it all matches better, NO. But if its easy to do and try why not. Any improvent to FP matching system is gonna make FP more competetive and maybe if puggies gets easier matches they will learn and feels FP more enjoyable to play more games.

#13 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 01:02 PM

View PostKotis77, on 05 February 2023 - 08:16 AM, said:

Usually in FP EU prime there is 2 matches going on. One harder match and one less hard. What we got going on now is one side fill when other match is going on. So one side fill with maybe one group and solos and they get promise to get in match while harder match players are coming out of match. So puggies and one group get the match against players coming from harder match. And the other players from harder match is put against puggies on the next match.

Is this what you call good system? Is longer que system gonna make it all matches better, NO. But if its easy to do and try why not. Any improvent to FP matching system is gonna make FP more competetive and maybe if puggies gets easier matches they will learn and feels FP more enjoyable to play more games.

You're assuming the bigger groups are also more skilled right? That's usually not true, the pugs are average, and the groups are either well above... or below average.

#14 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 06 February 2023 - 02:23 AM

Unrelated to any of this, do you still play, Nightbird?

#15 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 07:16 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 06 February 2023 - 02:23 AM, said:

Yes but rarely, mostly SC.

#16 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 February 2023 - 10:15 AM

View PostNightbird, on 05 February 2023 - 01:02 PM, said:

You're assuming the bigger groups are also more skilled right? That's usually not true, the pugs are average, and the groups are either well above... or below average.

Past two months have seen 1-2 groups that havent seen before in FP and outcome was as expected. There really arent that many groups that doesnt know how to play.

View PostBowelhacker, on 06 February 2023 - 02:23 AM, said:

It is related question. There is many players that havent played 1-4 years and still think FP is similiar to past.

#17 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 February 2023 - 03:56 PM

View PostKotis77, on 07 February 2023 - 10:15 AM, said:

Past two months have seen 1-2 groups that havent seen before in FP and outcome was as expected. There really arent that many groups that doesnt know how to play.

It is related question. There is many players that havent played 1-4 years and still think FP is similiar to past.

Given that the match maker priority system hasn't changed for 4 years and the OP asked about it, that lost knowledge proved useful right? xD

#18 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 08:44 AM

View PostNightbird, on 07 February 2023 - 03:56 PM, said:

Given that the match maker priority system hasn't changed for 4 years and the OP asked about it, that lost knowledge proved useful right? xD

Yeah my bad and my wording on case was not appropriate.

But is que system really that good? Your case seems to be that you only play in stacked groups against puggies. Try to play smaller groups and you will see that something needs to done either matchmaker or que system.

Edited by Kotis77, 10 February 2023 - 08:46 AM.

#19 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 08:50 AM

View PostKotis77, on 10 February 2023 - 08:44 AM, said:

Yeah my bad and my wording on case was not appropriate.

But is que system really that good? Your case seems to be that you only play in stacked groups against puggies. Try to play smaller groups and you will see that something needs to done either matchmaker or que system.

Instead of increasing the queue time to 10 minutes and hoping the resulting teams would be better, wouldn't it be more active to change the tonnage limits in lobby to create a more balanced game every time per my previous post? Design versus luck.

Edited by Nightbird, 10 February 2023 - 08:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users