9 replies to this topic

#1 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 15 February 2023 - 12:39 AM

So first, I'd like to suggest maybe in general, or per weapon group to be able to set chain fire duration... that being the amount of time before it "pulls" the trigger for the next weapon in the chain fire group. So whatever the base time is, maybe set it for 0.5,1,2, or 3 seconds.

Also a callback to an older mechwarrior game. MW3, possibly others. I'm old, and my memory isn't what it used to be. The ability to in a single weapon group make weapon blocks to chain fire. So instead of having a PPC in group 1, and group 2, they could both be in group 1, and fired at the same time, then move onto the next block.

#2 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 24 February 2023 - 07:37 AM

That's actually interesting. It would be a practical feature to have, do feel sometimes I dont have enough control over firing systems or that maybe I need to invest in a mouse with a dozen buttons...which I wont.

#3 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 26 February 2023 - 06:57 AM

Well Simon, I know it's been in older versions of games, not a PGI game, but if in the olden days they could do it, why not now?

#4 Spare Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationAlso StankDog the damp

Posted 04 March 2023 - 04:58 AM

How about making chain fire pause just enough to prevent ghost heat? The ability to put groups of lets say PPCs and chain fire those groups without ghost heat would be nice.

#5 ESC 907

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 208 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 05 March 2023 - 01:42 PM

This sounds an awful lot like a Macro... Which, should be able to function as you describe with Chainfire.

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 05 March 2023 - 11:09 PM

View PostSpare Knight, on 04 March 2023 - 04:58 AM, said:

How about making chain fire pause just enough to prevent ghost heat? The ability to put groups of lets say PPCs and chain fire those groups without ghost heat would be nice.

funnily enough, chainfire does use a 0.5s delay before switching to the next chained weapon. And that's exactly the amount of time that is needed to avoid ghost heat... Posted Image

#7 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 06 March 2023 - 07:49 AM

Shouldn't need to use macro's for that. A lot of pvp games consider the use of Macro's as cheating, as it creates a series of short cuts, not available in all platforms. I'm only suggesting a few functions be added to the game, that would be available to all.

#8 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 07 March 2023 - 06:43 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 05 March 2023 - 11:09 PM, said:

funnily enough, chainfire does use a 0.5s delay before switching to the next chained weapon. And that's exactly the amount of time that is needed to avoid ghost heat... Posted Image

That doesnt work in a lot of use cases - main one being that lasers dont fire until 0.5s after the burn finishes, where you can fire them safely 0.5s after the burn starts - which means you're either firing up to 1.5s later than you could be, or trying to time repeated clicks and risking triggering ghost heat by mistake

The macro i have set up for laser groups is set for all lasers in one chainfire group, it double taps the fire group (2 clicks separated by 10 ms), waits for 0.49 seconds then double taps again, etc. That allows perfect chaining of up to 8 lasers with GH cap of 2 as fast as possible without ever triggering ghost heat, just by holding down one button - and i can drag/drop to assign that to whatever mouse button i want.

The game should really provide this kind of functionality, or at least a way to approximate it, without needing expensive hardware.

Edit: In fact, literally the only use i can see for standard chainfire 0.5s delay to avoid triggering ghost heat is to have two ERPPC groups in chainfire and hold the buttons down to fire two at a time. But thats bad, since PPCs have travel time and you want to choose the moment to fire, and pointless since no one runs more than 4 ERPPCs anyway and you can just put them in two groups and fire with L/R click.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 07 March 2023 - 06:50 AM.

#9 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 07 March 2023 - 10:59 AM

1 click 2 click :)

You already set the time. do not hold the button.

This is how I use it when using 4x pcc in snv-a model. Click once or hold.

#10 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 09 March 2023 - 10:02 PM

Or they can add a feature, and you can get off your high horse about how great you are because of trigger control. I think in another 1k years they can probably implement something we are thinking about now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users