Book Recommendations

4 replies to this topic

#1 NFSRacer

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 February 2023 - 03:10 PM

So, I've kinda been on a renaissance with Battletech and MechWarrior, especially after the recent DLC drop with MW5, and it's been making me want to explore the books of the series. I've already seen a few that stand out, but I'm rather curious about which books I should look for that follow the Clan Invasion, Jihad, Dark Ages and ilClan eras of the Clans' presence in the Inner Sphere? There's all sorts of books, sure, but they all follow various factions and don't seem to be organized in a specific story line. Only by the era, from what I've been seeing.

Edited by NFSRacer, 16 February 2023 - 03:13 PM.

#2 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 19 February 2023 - 04:00 PM

Hello,

These books are specifically labelled "Clan Invasion": Natural Selection, D.R.T., I am Jade Falcon, Grave Covenant, The Hunters and Freebirth. There are other books that deal with the invasion either partly or heavily such as the Blood of Kerensky Trilogy and the Jade Phoenix Trilogy.

Enjoy.

#3 NFSRacer

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 February 2023 - 11:20 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 19 February 2023 - 04:00 PM, said:

Hello,

These books are specifically labelled "Clan Invasion": Natural Selection, D.R.T., I am Jade Falcon, Grave Covenant, The Hunters and Freebirth. There are other books that deal with the invasion either partly or heavily such as the Blood of Kerensky Trilogy and the Jade Phoenix Trilogy.

Enjoy.

I've actually just started the Blood of Kerensky Trilogy myself. So far, it is quite interesting, but I'm certainly going to have to look over the others. The Succession Wars (I think) have been played out so much that they just feel like war stories at this point. Everything after that seems like there's so much more meat to the books, at least at its surface. I guess reading them is perhaps the best way I can tell of it, eh?

Still thanks for the recommendations! :D

#4 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 22 February 2023 - 10:42 AM

Different books give you different perspectives. Novels like the ones I recommended will give you POVs from different characters as well as what was said by those characters as well as a blow by blow accounting of what transpired, like in a battle for instance.

Field Manuals and Sourcebooks give detailed information of a particular faction, region or timeline but may have some POV info from specific characters. Since you wanted to know about the Clan Invasion and their presence in the Inner Sphere you should read the Invading Clans Sourcebook. It's basically a report sent by Jaime Wolf to all the leaders of the Inner Sphere.

It detailed the invasion breaking down each of the specific Clans involved, including their individual history, culture, traditions, customs, practices, the waves they attacked in, their touman (military strength) and future projections. It also reported current events at that time (3058) and recent events like what happened in 3055.

You will get a LOT of information about what you were looking for. If you are looking for anything else, especially related to the Clans, just let me know.

EDIT: Someone did a brief overview of the book so you can look at it to get an idea of what it entails. The Wolf and Jade Falcon Clans are not listed because they have their own sourcebooks.

You can check out the overview here.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 22 February 2023 - 02:10 PM.

#5 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 08 April 2023 - 11:32 AM

I cant play for some time.

I start reading from the start, in time line: I found it much better, than I expected.

Edited by Saved By The Bell, 08 April 2023 - 11:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users