Convergence

1 reply to this topic

#1 UMPA Viper

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 01:48 PM

The convergence of , at least ppc , weapons needs to be fixed. For the last few weeks i am getting so tired of watching my shots go right through the enemy mechs and not register any damage. Im talking at range and in close , say around 300 to 400 meters. You can watch the shots go right through them. Alot of others are complaining of this in-game as well. Not sure if something got screwed up in a recent patch or not , but it needs to be addressed.

#2 Drunkenseagull

• Pip
  • Big Daddy
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2023 - 04:41 AM

This has been an issue for a long time. It gets much worse at longer ranges and the farther from your cockpit your weapons are. Makes returning fire with some mechs, jager or rifle for example literally impossible because even with a perfect lead and aim your shots would just go around the target, especially lights.

The problem is convergence is set to the range at your crosshair. So if you are leading shots on a target say 300 distance, but the lead requires your crosshair be somewhere that is say 900 distance or infinity which is the case when you target sky, your shots will converge at the improper distance and just go around your target.

Solution to this I think is either being able to manually set convergence distance which would be a huge hassle and not friendly to new players, or having it intelligently be set based on what the game thinks you are trying to hit. I think the backend may already mostly exist to do this. When you target with r, it tries to target the mech closest to your crosshair. Just use this function to get the closest mech to crosshair and set convergence to its distance every frame. Though this could fail when there are multiple targets near your crosshair.. Ideal would be check each target to see which your weapons would hit if they converged at that targets range. I think. Would need testing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users