Recommend A Couple Of Scrappy Lights To Pick Up With C-Bills During This Weekend's Event? (2023-06-17)

2 replies to this topic

#1 Chryckan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 June 2023 - 11:29 AM

Was planning on picking up a few light mechs since they are cheap atm.
But I'm not really interested in the normal run fast and backstab style of lights. Instead I'm more looking for something that can get into a scrap and both take it and dish it out. Something that plays more like a lightweight medium than anything else.
Was thinking of getting both a IS light and a Clan light but both should be scrappy.

Just don't recommend Urbies. One, I got most already, and two, I'm already planning on getting at least one other.

Also no hero mechs or other MC mechs. Purely C-bill mechs. (I'm getting Pirates Bane and mech bays for my measly saved up MC.)

So what scrappy light mechs do you recommend?

#2 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 19 June 2023 - 11:06 AM

View PostChryckan, on 17 June 2023 - 11:29 AM, said:

Just don't recommend Urbies.

Too bad, Urbies are the only IS light that are "medium like". On the clan side, Adder, Cougar and Kit-Fox fit the role (but they're not on sales).

About IS lights that can be played among the pack, deal damage and, kind of, take damage, I think of the Wolfhound and FIrestarter. They can pack significant firepower, and imho are really good at rolling damage. But they're bigger than an Urbie, and still more fragile.

edit: fav variants of mine include FS9-A (2 snubs + 6 SLas) and WLF-1A (6 MPLas)

Edited by epikt, 19 June 2023 - 11:08 AM.

#3 Chryckan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 June 2023 - 07:10 AM

View Postepikt, on 19 June 2023 - 11:06 AM, said:

Too bad, Urbies are the only IS light that are "medium like". On the clan side, Adder, Cougar and Kit-Fox fit the role (but they're not on sales).

True but I already got all version of the Urbies except for the missile variant and Street Cleaner.

Edited by Chryckan, 20 June 2023 - 07:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users