New Map Pure Trash...

92 replies to this topic

#1 Gor Hanis

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 02:54 PM

It's a disaster epilepsy map with recycled textures and colors that make me vomit. You can get stuck in several places if you have no jump jets. Visibility is a disater even with heatsight.
Clearly designed for LRM-huggers.
Did you test it at all?
Or is it done in ca. one day, and then it's yours guys?

Edited by Gor Hanis, 21 March 2023 - 02:57 PM.

#2 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 21 March 2023 - 03:20 PM

Agreed... layout is pretty nice actually, but just watching MPG's stream, every time he played that map, I had to switch to another tab until the match was done........literally gave me a headache, like 3 Ibuprofen strength.

NEVER had this happen before.

THEN, I loaded up the map in Testing Grounds.... 100% unplayable with the horrible color choices.....

Ground: purple
Vines on walls: purple
Trees: purple

Big nope for me.....

Edited by Ensaine, 21 March 2023 - 03:21 PM.

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 March 2023 - 03:45 PM

View PostGor Hanis, on 21 March 2023 - 02:54 PM, said:

Clearly designed for LRM-huggers.

Only point of quibble, is that the sight line are so long on this map that you can hit things for quite awhile with LG, ERLL, and ERPPC before the enemy LRMS are ever an issue.

#4 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 03:49 PM

I just ran this map in testing grounds, and it's gorgeous.
I feel like it's gonna need more cover though, but I haven't played it ingame.

#5 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 04:12 PM

I played 1 match thus far..
Hard to say, my team walked up to the first corner and stayed there until they were surrounded and killed.
Maybe they feared the lack of apparent cover? Who's to say.

#6 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 21 March 2023 - 04:24 PM

I like night maps and I like the color too.
but I don't like flying grass and unfinished maps. I can't love.

#7 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 04:26 PM

Not personally a huge fan of the color scheme, but the rolling map is a heck of a lot nicer flow - don't need to find a ramp, everything is a ramp.

Really didn't have or see any issues with LRMs that wouldn't be present on literally every other map - if you stand out in the open under a uav or getting tagged you are going to get bombed by people using LRMs. Was as easy as any other map to break locks with the hills and few bits of hard cover for me. Though probably not a super fun map for people that like to just stand in one place and use their blue laser pointers.

I think they need to stop worrying about hyper-detailing maps and crank out at least one or two in this rolling/more flowing for each of the biomes and a couple of cities that don't look like the layout was copied from a "find your way out" maze from a restaurant with their kid's crayon scribbles implanting a highway weaving randomly through the middle of it.

#8 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 05:16 PM

I absolutely love the new map. The aesthetic is very unique and the scale of the hills and plains makes the mechs feel big. I also love being completely immune to NSR zombies, and gunning them down from a distance.

#9 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 March 2023 - 06:07 PM

I've played this map around 10 times today. No complaints here, did pretty well on it brawling.

Yeah there are some floating assests but I'm sure they will get fixed. A few stuck spots as well.

Seems pretty normal for a new map.

Looking forward to more.

#10 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 06:14 PM

This map.. hmm.. System, Display Accessories, Color Filters.. I may switch to Greyscale when on this map.. just have a hotkey setup/enabled, and Greyscale selected. then when map is selected, tab out of game, hit that macro. then back in... repeat when game has ended..

And UAVs.. will be fun on this map..

And what is up with the forum change with the new labeling.. uggh all of these blues!!!

Edited by Half Ear, 21 March 2023 - 06:21 PM.

#11 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 21 March 2023 - 06:17 PM

View PostRondoe, on 21 March 2023 - 06:07 PM, said:

I've played this map around 10 times today. No complaints here, did pretty well on it brawling.

Yeah there are some floating assests but I'm sure they will get fixed. A few stuck spots as well.

Seems pretty normal for a new map.

Looking forward to more.

When was the Hellebore Outpost presented?
still to be fixed. same mistakes, same carelessness.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 21 March 2023 - 06:19 PM.

#12 Darkbyrd

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 07:15 PM

Didnt seem they put much thought into this. very few options to break line of sight and get away in light mechs. Ranged weapons are so needed here i dont go into matchmaking with out long range weapons cause its 2 out of 3 matches in this purple hell. They couldnt even be bothered to fit their stock grass to the hills, over hanging everywhere. hate it. Hope people get sick of it soon and we dont have to play on it every match.

#13 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 07:25 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 21 March 2023 - 06:19 PM, said:

I don't know how difficult that would be to fix but I love Hellebore's look, just struggling to deal with how it plays. Krazz fixed the floaty things on Vitric, give him time. I think Hellebore was a different guy to begin with.

Hellbore is visually pretty cool, but the grass floats as well as several trees that are floating around waist level on a HBK.

View PostDarkbyrd, on 21 March 2023 - 07:15 PM, said:

Didnt seem they put much thought into this. very few options to break line of sight and get away in light mechs. Ranged weapons are so needed here

It wasn't any issue at all for my ~300m range HBKs, the DW is uAC20 and SPL and they are bigger targets that presumably move much slower than your lights. Didn't really have any issue positioning or retreating when a uav popped up showing 10 of the 12 headed right at me.

Edited by sycocys, 21 March 2023 - 07:26 PM.

#14 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 07:49 PM

Easy fix!
Back To The 80's' | Marvel83' Edition

youtube
0QKQlf8r7ls

Works on Vitric Station, as well.
Makes all your troubles just melt away!

Posted Image

#15 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 08:24 PM

played 3 matches on it.
It's a good map.

#16 Kynesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 21 March 2023 - 09:33 PM

First Impressions: I like the rolling hills, but the enormous bowl surrounded by rock towers to shelter snipers is diabolical... and you can see nearly the entirety of the map from most sniping positions.
Crossing the vast open ground for any kind of push is just suicidal (an organised team using covering fire & similar techniques would probably do well enough).

The middle of the map is a huge kill box. There are no trenches or walls of any kind, so any little spot of shelter is both obvious and easily flanked, and a death trap once the snowball starts.
As a bonus, the variegated blacks, greys and purples can make some light mechs nearly invisible.

The consistency of slightly irregular shapes and colour is disorienting. The dark colour scheme is at first easy on my eyes, but again, trying to spot details in a sea of purple and black is really difficult. The same complaint stands for the other maps that are grey on grey on black.
The night sky and fireworks are nice, and especially nice to not have one team blinded by a sun.

It seems like the pattern of play (again, aside from organised teams) is much like other maps centered around a bowl - to sit in cover and wait for long range mechs to decide the game and once one side's long range is crippled, clean up.

You can't "just go around the side" because there's no cover, and it's low elevation compared to the edges and raised middle ground.
In all, it feels like the old Polar Lurmlands but surrounded by rings of sniping nests.

The ends with those fields of pillars and rising hills seem like an absolute meat grinder. If the map wasn't so expansive I could see losing teams retreating to them to try make a stand or turn the tables on an overconfident rush.

Walking around the map, it's just one naked bowl after the next. There's a nearly 700 meter stretch in the middle of the map from E5 through D4 that's just flat, open ground. The nearest cover from the middle of the map are a few little pillars 3-400 meters away.

I like that line of sight blockers are used (in the form of large trees), but they're placed in areas that are not particularly useful and they're 600-800 (ish) meters apart. There's no way to run from cover to cover or escape determined lrms.

edit: so, having played another couple of games I literally can't see most mechs that are more than a hundred or so meters away. Snipers getting behind the team and using trees to further obscure their positions means that you've now got invisible snipers with free reign on the backs of a team.
I'd love to know who tested this map and gave it a green light.

Edited by Kynesis, 22 March 2023 - 01:44 AM.

#17 Sagara Sousuke 011011001

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStratford Upon Avon UK

Posted 21 March 2023 - 09:39 PM

Did you guys play test this map before release? Its absolutely unplayable! Its like the old polar highlands without the trenches. Will never vote for this map in current form.

#18 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 10:02 PM

I found lots of cover in the low lands, and paths that lead around the map..
Maybe it's harder in larger mechs, I dunno.

#19 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 21 March 2023 - 10:06 PM

Pure **** on the color scheme and I must echo the same about the night/heat modes making the map WORSE. I have hell of time with colors that are similar in chroma and my brother can't play the game since he is color blind. ******* learn color theory and make some dam *** maps that people with vision problems can actually play.

I also noticed the new mechs being assult and more meta er ll/ppc/guass crap were the first to roll out. I'm just going to spend a lot more time not playing this pos game that is just reinforcing the meta bs with a map I can't even see on in any of the three "modes" of vision. I'll just suicide on it every dam time from now on.

#20 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 March 2023 - 11:23 PM

I like it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users