Psa: You Can't Live Your Entire Life In D3.

13 replies to this topic

#1 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 06:23 PM

I've seen it too many times now.
On the new map, people drop in D2, move forward 1 tile to D3, then start shuffling around behind each other while the enemy slowly surround you.

Stop throwing your whole life away in D3. Just stop.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 06:25 PM

feels like mech rugby online sometimes. team moves together till they get to that point of no return and then it stalls and the game becomes a boring contest of attrition.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 March 2023 - 06:25 PM.

#3 Grand Muff Diver

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts
  • LocationThese are not the Tryhards you are looking for..

Posted 22 March 2023 - 06:48 PM

Remember when Tourmaline was bugged and all the terrain went missing? This looks much like that only with some added cover and a border wall. I like it so far though I think the color palette is a bit too much. However it does give dark camo mechs better cover so there is that.

#4 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 07:07 PM

I think it will change a bit once people start to understand better that the hills do provide cover from a lot of the long range stuff, easier when you run bap and maybe a computer so you pick up the guys trying to make long distance calls and no terrain blocking the targeting.

#5 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 11:01 PM

View PostGrand Moff Token, on 22 March 2023 - 06:48 PM, said:

Remember when Tourmaline was bugged and all the terrain went missing? This looks much like that only with some added cover and a border wall. I like it so far though I think the color palette is a bit too much. However it does give dark camo mechs better cover so there is that.

For the colour palette, I've been dropping into night vision. Declutters things quite a bit, like using thermal on Caustic.

#6 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 11:11 PM

Its the map that makes people behave in a certain way.

#7 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 March 2023 - 03:49 AM

Also with so many pink maps lately purple mechs are now viable camo lol

#8 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 23 March 2023 - 03:53 AM

View PostPocketYoda, on 23 March 2023 - 03:49 AM, said:

Also with so many pink maps lately purple mechs are now viable camo lol

I have repainted all my Shadow Cats Marik Purple for the time being. On the Ghost Bear pattern with primary and tertiary colours being obsidian black, its actually really good camo on the new map.

#9 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:05 AM

I don't know if it pays to mention but the few matches I've had on the map the "snipers" generally got absolutely wrecked right out of the gate because -
A- You can't hide/adjust your position quickly as a heavier sniper like some of the other maps where you can pop out of hard cover and plop some vomit out.
B- There isn't a pile of nonsense or ramps you have to run around way out of the way for lights and fast mediums to pile on the high point snipers.

You'd see them fire once and the fast mechs would peel off and shortly your team's counter was +1. From what I've seen the map is much more punishing to the long range game than pretty much every other map.

Moderate-fast brawlers do seem to have a increased advantage on this map because they can kite the terrain pretty efficiently without dropping off ledges and having to find a ramp or try to skate away in a channel with no ability to cover other than hugging a wall and hoping.

Slow overloaded assaults and heavies aren't a prime mixture for this map, which is nice. Every map shouldn't be designed for slow moving/near static play with alpha poppping.

#10 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:37 AM

View Postsycocys, on 23 March 2023 - 05:05 AM, said:

I don't know if it pays to mention but the few matches I've had on the map the "snipers" generally got absolutely wrecked right out of the gate because -
A- You can't hide/adjust your position quickly as a heavier sniper like some of the other maps where you can pop out of hard cover and plop some vomit out.
B- There isn't a pile of nonsense or ramps you have to run around way out of the way for lights and fast mediums to pile on the high point snipers.

You'd see them fire once and the fast mechs would peel off and shortly your team's counter was +1. From what I've seen the map is much more punishing to the long range game than pretty much every other map.

Moderate-fast brawlers do seem to have a increased advantage on this map because they can kite the terrain pretty efficiently without dropping off ledges and having to find a ramp or try to skate away in a channel with no ability to cover other than hugging a wall and hoping.

Slow overloaded assaults and heavies aren't a prime mixture for this map, which is nice. Every map shouldn't be designed for slow moving/near static play with alpha poppping.

Yeah, ive described this map as 'Shadow Cat Heaven' while playing it.

To be fair though, what you say about snipers is only valid if they arent supported by their team, and also only really valid for fatty snipers - faster ones will just constantly re-position, and there is a lot of opportunity for that.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 23 March 2023 - 07:39 AM.

#11 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 12:17 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 23 March 2023 - 07:37 AM, said:

Yeah, ive described this map as 'Shadow Cat Heaven' while playing it.

To be fair though, what you say about snipers is only valid if they arent supported by their team, and also only really valid for fatty snipers - faster ones will just constantly re-position, and there is a lot of opportunity for that.

They can reposition, but unless they do so to their team there's still a lack of obstacles to prevent the fast rush from the other side from either sweeping them up or putting them on course for their team.

All of my HBK's so far have been great on the map, so much nicer to level change and come from completely different angles without all the nonsense of looking for a ramp or having to run something with a bunch of jump jets. Didn't do good with a Shadowhawk, but it also was kind of an experimental build.

Edited by sycocys, 23 March 2023 - 12:19 PM.

#12 Grand Muff Diver

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts
  • LocationThese are not the Tryhards you are looking for..

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:38 PM

I'm enjoying the hell out of it in fast ecm mechs. Sooo many routes you can follow that allow you to get behind your targets unseen. The colors have grown on me too.

#13 Gilgamesh Hoi

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 07:30 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 22 March 2023 - 06:23 PM, said:

I've seen it too many times now.
On the new map, people drop in D2, move forward 1 tile to D3, then start shuffling around behind each other while the enemy slowly surround you.

Stop throwing your whole life away in D3. Just stop.

New map weeks are funny Posted Image

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 08:30 PM

View PostGilgamesh Hoi, on 25 March 2023 - 07:30 PM, said:

New map weeks are funny Posted Image

agree, lots of people dont know how to play in in various circumstances. but effective strategies are starting to emerge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users