13 replies to this topic

#1 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 23 March 2023 - 06:33 PM

Since the patch came and me decided to play the new Juggernaut, i'm having fun with it but gods damn this mech cannot take a hit multiple matches I just watch my ST instantly exploded the moment more than two mechs staring at me. And it ******* blows it limits the whole chasis as whole and I believe it's best to quickly revert it or if the guys above being lazy better add ridiculous ST armor quirks.

#2 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 06:50 PM

As opposed to before, when your CT instantly exploded?

#3 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:00 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 23 March 2023 - 06:50 PM, said:

It was way better to spread the damage than watching half your weapons disappear because you staring at the enemy for .000000000001 seconds and his buddy just accidentally walked up and saw you, hell I'm getting hit from my back from forward facing enemies it quite ridiculous atm.

#4 Grand Muff Diver

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts
  • LocationThese are not the Tryhards you are looking for..

Posted 23 March 2023 - 08:24 PM

The coverage of the ct by the st are a 50% damage reduction buff when the st is destroyed. So if a torso goes kablooey its easier to cover your ct by twisting. Before when the st goes boom they can still peg the ct from the side for full damage. Now they can't.

#5 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 11:53 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 23 March 2023 - 06:50 PM, said:

But hey at least XL safe... but really with my not that extensive Fafniring around, Fafnir CT was ok and spreading damage to sidetorsos wasn't impossible unlike in Jenner.

#6 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 11:57 PM

View PostCurccu, on 23 March 2023 - 11:53 PM, said:

But hey at least XL safe... but really with my not that extensive Fafniring around, Fafnir CT was ok and spreading damage to sidetorsos wasn't impossible unlike in Jenner.

It was one of the worst CTs in the game. Pretty much just KGC was worse. CT could be hit from almost any direction.

#7 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 12:07 AM

View PostHeavy Money, on 23 March 2023 - 11:57 PM, said:

It was one of the worst CTs in the game. Pretty much just KGC was worse. CT could be hit from almost any direction.

Maybe I just got shot by incompetent people mostly then, but then again most of the players in this game are not that good at aiming.

#8 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 01:47 AM

I feel like it was an overcorrection, but reverting it won't make the Fafnir any better, just differently squishy. Should look something like this ig, torsos split along the red line roughly.

Posted Image

Edited by Dakkalistic, 24 March 2023 - 01:49 AM.

#9 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 March 2023 - 04:07 AM

I swear, I suggested this before.

#10 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 06:23 AM

View PostDakkalistic, on 24 March 2023 - 01:47 AM, said:

I feel like it was an overcorrection, but reverting it won't make the Fafnir any better, just differently squishy. Should look something like this ig, torsos split along the red line roughly.

Posted Image

That would be alot better than what it currently is right now.

View PostGrand Moff Token, on 23 March 2023 - 08:24 PM, said:

The coverage of the ct by the st are a 50% damage reduction buff when the st is destroyed. So if a torso goes kablooey its easier to cover your ct by twisting. Before when the st goes boom they can still peg the ct from the side for full damage. Now they can't.

But the cost of easily losing half your weapons with little to no effort from the enemy, and even then it still not worth such a drastic change of hitboxes.

#11 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 March 2023 - 06:34 AM

For me its the arms now they are just gone in seconds, you can't really mitigate it either.. Fafnir is pretty garbage now.

#12 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 25 March 2023 - 07:19 AM

I think it needs to be adjusted, not completely reverted. The side torsos are very squishy now. We are also supposed to get a quirk adjustment for additional ST armor, but its only like 3 additional armor points IIRC.

#13 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 08:22 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 25 March 2023 - 07:19 AM, said:

I think it needs to be adjusted, not completely reverted. The side torsos are very squishy now. We are also supposed to get a quirk adjustment for additional ST armor, but its only like 3 additional armor points IIRC.

It best to do a adjustment especially if they really want to sell the legendary mech it's a turn off for anyone wanting to get, and 3 extra points of armor is meaningless unless it big like 10-15 pts of extra armor adding ontop of already existing 20 extra points.

#14 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 12:09 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 25 March 2023 - 09:16 AM, said:

The places to shoot a Fafnir are really easy to figure out just from looking, that's the thing. Want to nail a ST? Aim for the big tunnel. CT? Shoot the crotch or that flat face, or from higher angles aim for the landing strip/superstructure in the middle. It's not a difficult mech to figure out, some other mechs are much harder to guess the hitboxes on.

The spot that feels most problematic is the cheek though, which used to be all CT, now it's all ST, that's why I think splitting that particular area in half might help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users