Low Ground/sniping

2 replies to this topic

#1 Blackjack Jonesy

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 08:20 AM

I see a trend of mechs trying to stay in the low ground which I believe puts the team at a great disadvantage. When you take the low ground you limit your ability to observe and engage targets. This puts supporting the team in a bad place. The team who puts out the most continuous fires normally prevails. You also limit the effectiveness of your own weapons fire. So many times I have been engaged in a great fight, but become overwhelmed by the other team because many of my team mates choose to stay in the low ground. When you limit your ability, you also limit your teams effectiveness.

Many a players say they are missle boats and choose the low ground and limit their own ability to get locks, once again limiting the team. They also tend to stay at max range which requires longer flight time and their effectiveness to deliver fast accurate fires to the team. Mid range is normally a good range.

Snipers tend to stay in one location which hurts the team if they happen to be fighting on the other side of terrain. If you cannot see, you cannot shoot. Many refuse to move and reposition, thus making them ineffective. Many are assualt mechs which takes a lot of armor out of play.

These are just a few thoughts I have wanted to post to see how others feel. No team should loose 12-0.

Edited by Blackjack Jonesy, 25 March 2023 - 08:23 AM.

#2 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 March 2023 - 07:33 AM

Sometimes you just are in a bad spot... It just happens.

#3 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 09:08 AM

Some of it has to do with the tier levels you are dropping into, and that a fair number of players just aren't interested in getting better at the game.
But if you pull a string of T4/5 only or with only a couple t3 players, you are going to have about the worst positioning to try to work with.

View PostPocketYoda, on 26 March 2023 - 07:33 AM, said:

Sometimes you just are in a bad spot... It just happens.

And this is completely accurate even in higher tier drops, sometimes you just get caught up when your team is trying to get to the position it wants. Some maps are quite difficult to navigate a team away from that once you stop.

There's also a few spots where the low ground can be better because there's a limited amount of space for the high ground to fire from, this leads to the pokers catching a lance worth of alphas for their trouble.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users