Cannot Update The Game

4 replies to this topic

#1 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 08:45 AM

Haven't launched the game in a while now, and i'm stuck with MWO Portal not updating the game.

I only get "repair" option and "install" after that. If I click install it just freezes and nothing happens. If I download the MWO Portal app to update it, it says it's allready installed.

#2 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 10:33 PM

Is your portal updated? Showing the new icon?

#3 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:33 PM

View PostNeoCodex, on 26 March 2023 - 08:45 AM, said:

Haven't launched the game in a while now, and i'm stuck with MWO Portal not updating the game.

I only get "repair" option and "install" after that. If I click install it just freezes and nothing happens. If I download the MWO Portal app to update it, it says it's allready installed.

Sounds like you're using the standalone launcher. Did you try the repair tool that is part of the launcher?

#4 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 01:58 PM

Yes, when I click install it launches the repair tool. Then it figures out it's nothing to repair. The Install button hightlights again. I click on it and wait. Nothing happens.

If I try to launch the game by itself (without the portal) it obviously tells me I should use the portal to update the game, and that's what I'm trying to do.

(I don't want to delete and redownload the whole game).

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 March 2023 - 10:39 AM

View PostNeoCodex, on 27 March 2023 - 01:58 PM, said:

I migrated to the Steam installer years ago so I can't remember the layout but I though you had to click a cog or gear icon to access the repair tool in the launcher and were presented with various checkboxes as options for what to fix. Some would force it to check certain things. Hopefully someone else around here can share a screenshot or better instructions. You can also reach out to Support technical@mwomercs.com.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users