• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 April 2023 - 10:02 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 20 April 2023 - 09:33 AM, said:

Btw is anyone playing the Dreadnought?

Got blasted in my Warhawk by a few of them last night. Common loadouts seen: 4x AC/10|LBX/10, 2xGauss, 3 or 4x ERLL.

#42 Max J Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 April 2023 - 10:44 AM

The one thing I don't like about these Legendary Mechs is PGI isn't following their own formula for their creation. They said they would have one or two outlier quirks, instead we get the first two with one, then none for the second or if you call MASC a quirk and or machine gun quirks outliers. The Scattershot has like 5 outlier quirks and is quickly becoming the most over powered mech in the game lol. The first 2 I bought out the gate, one got immediately Nerfed, then broke by the nerf and the other got bigger hit boxes and literally became a glass mech. The Second set of LMs were looking good too, but they'll get nerfed too lol. So what are we really paying for; Legendry or over / under quirked nerfed ordinary mech with custom patterns? I think they need to decide on a particular idea, test it and balance it before they sell it or them..but whatever.. I'll wait until the smoke clears before purchasing any more

#43 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 10:29 PM

View PostFr3d0x, on 20 April 2023 - 10:48 AM, said:

I stopped playing this game soon after this legendary mechs was introduced. The MoonWalker was already OP, P2W and unbalanced. But after looking at this i unistalled the game and i will never come back. Good bye.

I think that's a bit exaggerated. That PGI wants and needs to make money shouldn't surprise anyone. After all, the license will expire soon and they have to see whether there should be a new MWO edition.
However, corrections require a player base that is not immediately snapped and turns its back on the game. Check out what state the game was in in 2019 and what we have today!

#44 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 21 April 2023 - 05:50 AM

I bought DREADNOUGHT today.
For DREADNOUGHT, I am looking for an effective build around 800 meters. Can anyone share the build?
xac is effective at close range, but insufficient at long range.
it also crushes the enemy, does not pierce.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 21 April 2023 - 05:53 AM.

#45 DangerMouse53

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 04:13 PM

So far I haven't personally seen much OP from the Scattershot. Sure there's a few 4 man teams doing 4 man things in them but what's new? I haven't purchased it yet, I might. It seems decent value for all the other bonuses and it supports the game. I pump about 100 hours a month into MWO so it's cheap entertainment.

It would be possibly interesting to add a nerf to spread the LBX's even more so it doesn't remain a sniper as much. Seems silly to call a mech a "Scatter-shot" only to see it sniping from 800m.. not very 'scattery'....

Either way, meh.. just focus down the Scattershots in-game people.. lol

Edited by DangerMouse53, 21 April 2023 - 04:19 PM.

#46 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 21 April 2023 - 05:18 PM

If someone doesn't say something aggressive when I write something, I'm going to break my tooth. Posted Image

#47 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 06:02 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 21 April 2023 - 05:18 PM, said:

If someone doesn't say something aggressive when I write something, I'm going to break my tooth. Posted Image

Just to make you happy, SOMETHING AGGRESSIVE!!!! ROAR. 😛

No idea why it posted like 4 times

#48 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 21 April 2023 - 06:12 PM

View PostRalph Edwards, on 21 April 2023 - 06:02 PM, said:

Just to make you happy, SOMETHING AGGRESSIVE!!!! ROAR. ������

No idea why it posted like 4 times

Sometimes I want to play an instrument.
Posted Image

#49 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 April 2023 - 07:17 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 21 April 2023 - 05:50 AM, said:

I bought DREADNOUGHT today.
For DREADNOUGHT, I am looking for an effective build around 800 meters. Can anyone share the build?
xac is effective at close range, but insufficient at long range.
it also crushes the enemy, does not pierce.

I predicted Gauss ERLL meta before the patch even dropped, and I'm seeing it occasionally. So far, though, the majority of players seem to want to lean into the 4x AC/10 style.

#50 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 07:21 PM

any idea what the patch today was for?

#51 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 21 April 2023 - 07:27 PM

View PostRalph Edwards, on 21 April 2023 - 07:21 PM, said:

any idea what the patch today was for?

I saw a tag in the form of color fix on the main page.
I have no other information.

#52 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 21 April 2023 - 07:30 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 21 April 2023 - 07:17 PM, said:

I predicted Gauss ERLL meta before the patch even dropped, and I'm seeing it occasionally. So far, though, the majority of players seem to want to lean into the 4x AC/10 style.

I didn't know about the old version of this machine.
I just saw it today in a gameplay video.
reduced armor.
I don't know what else happened.
But it's okay, I found the structure I was looking for.
I use it for close range, not long distance.
but i have to use it carefully.

#53 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 22 April 2023 - 06:11 AM

View Postw0qj, on 19 April 2023 - 07:13 AM, said:

Actually there's a bunch of mechs (especially Lights) that already have +UAV or +Artillery or +Coolshot Capacity, and with +1 Extra Consumable Slot.
https://mwomercs.com...-hsl-quirk-list

The Marauder IIC Dreadnaught takes it to a whole new level with this +2 Artillery and +2 Extra Consumable Slot.

I know : I have some of those mechs! Posted Image

I just want people to be aware of their Consumable Slots and how to use the stuff that goes in there : UAV/Artillery/Air Strike/Cool Shot

It really HELPS YOUR TEAM !!! Posted Image

View PostLockheed_, on 19 April 2023 - 08:06 PM, said:

Everything I have seen so far from watching others play on Youtube and Twitch looks like the Scattershot has very much crossed into P2W territory. The cooldown and velocity are just nuts and the spread is not enough to offset that. On top it has 10% heat and no jj cockpit shake. Why? It seems like the last two could easily be cut and the mech would probably still be OP.

The only downside of any Shadow Hawk is the damn narrow cockpit!

It's simply one of the best mechs in the game so if you want things nerfed then you might as well nerf them all ?! Posted Image

View PostThe Chancelor, on 20 April 2023 - 08:01 AM, said:

Lets just agree that our teams shoot this op mech first no matter the cost ^^

LOL! n1 Posted ImagePosted Image

View Postcentrios, on 20 April 2023 - 09:09 AM, said:

Its because of you people who want to nerf everything to the ground that this game cant be fun.

P2W should be nerfed ofcourse, but I agree with the rest of your post :

- If we are going to have new legendary mechs let them feel legendary instead of ordinary.
- Why dont we start nerfing lrms, er ppcs that can snipe over 1000 meters if thats the case.
- If your good at this game regardless of quirks, we should also ban you from playing because your too good.
- Learn to counter builds and stop complaining.

Posted Image

View PostThe Chancelor, on 20 April 2023 - 09:33 AM, said:

Btw is anyone playing the Dreadnought?

Seen plenty of them and to be honest seen plenty of these LGD mechs that have been released so they are selling well !! Posted Image

If I compare it to the Hatchetman and some mechs before it then I would say those haven't sold nearly as many times as these Legendary mechs have! Posted Image

#54 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 22 April 2023 - 07:47 AM

DREADNOUGHT

I think it's a weird name for this machine.

Looks like the creature from the alien movie Posted Image

Posted Image

I wish it was in the tail Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 22 April 2023 - 03:20 PM.

#55 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 April 2023 - 08:00 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 22 April 2023 - 06:11 AM, said:

Seen plenty of them and to be honest seen plenty of these LGD mechs that have been released so they are selling well !! Posted Image

If I compare it to the Hatchetman and some mechs before it then I would say those haven't sold nearly as many times as these Legendary mechs have! Posted Image

I thought the expansion packs sold well enough. I think PGI just misstepped by adding another -P variant, instead of continuing to add missing TT variants (I didn't buy the Summoner/Kit Fox pack because the Kit Fox variant wasn't a "real" variant. It was just PGI mirroring the Prime hardpoints for some unneccessary reason, and I thought that was the last one of those packs that they produced). The Hatchetman predictably fell flat in MWO because it's a 'mech that revolves around melee in a game without melee. None of its marketing material was able to land in MWO, and despite their best efforts, PGI wasn't really able to come up with any new marketing for it. If they added Melee, I'm pretty sure Hatchetman sales would suddenly explode.

But I saw TONS of Timber Wolves and Dire Wolves, TONS of Dragons and Thunderbolts. TONS of Blood Asps and Shadow Cats. And very few Summoners, probably because they were paired with that fake Kit Fox.

I've also seen TONS of Crusaders, though as people finish leveling them up, I'm mostly just seeing the 6T and Crael, now (your anti-infantry boats).

Edited by C337Skymaster, 22 April 2023 - 08:00 AM.

#56 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 22 April 2023 - 08:04 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 21 April 2023 - 07:17 PM, said:

There is already a Gauss ERLL MAD-IIC with ECM so not sure about that prediction.

#57 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 23 April 2023 - 02:36 AM

Quick! Hit it in the cockpit before it wakes up! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 22 April 2023 - 07:47 AM, said:

DREADNOUGHT

I think it's a weird name for this machine.

Looks like the creature from the alien movie Posted Image

Posted Image

I wish it was in the tail Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 April 2023 - 06:20 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 22 April 2023 - 08:00 AM, said:

But I saw TONS of Timber Wolves and Dire Wolves, TONS of Dragons and Thunderbolts. TONS of Blood Asps and Shadow Cats. And very few Summoners, probably because they were paired with that fake Kit Fox.

I've also seen TONS of Crusaders, though as people finish leveling them up, I'm mostly just seeing the 6T and Crael, now (your anti-infantry boats).

Agree, but I think you would have to count all of those together to match the current count of LGD mechs! Posted Image

I could be wrong ofcourse, but that's my impression so far! :D

#59 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 April 2023 - 10:49 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 22 April 2023 - 08:04 AM, said:

There is already a Gauss ERLL MAD-IIC with ECM so not sure about that prediction.

This one has 3x energy on the centerline, with the Gauss high-mounted on the side torso. At those kinds of ranges, you don't really need ECM because sensors don't reach that far, anyway. The MAD IIC-D mounts the Gauss in the arms, which are pretty low-slung, and only has a pair of energy hardpoints to accompany them. I was surprised to see one with 4 ERLL, since that forces you to use the low-slung arm hardpoints for at least one of them.

View PostRoodkapje, on 23 April 2023 - 06:20 AM, said:

Agree, but I think you would have to count all of those together to match the current count of LGD mechs! Posted Image

I could be wrong ofcourse, but that's my impression so far! Posted Image

The newest 'mech always looks populous because those who've bought one need to level it up. Makes it hard to compare over long periods of time, because once leveling is finished, the 'mech often disappears into the hangar, never to be seen again.

#60 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 April 2023 - 11:45 AM

Hi matt here is a question for you can you make special LGD mechs? like these ones not just a hyped up same old same old mech chassis?
Argus XT Posted Image

Gesu Posted Image

WartHog Posted Image

WildCat Posted Image

Tenchi Posted Image

Talos Posted Image

Edited by KingCobra, 23 April 2023 - 11:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users