2 replies to this topic

#1 randomxtc16

• PipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 April 2023 - 11:03 AM

Free Worlds MushroomKingdom,

The mushroom projects for low income mech mercs are truly unsightly. They take away from the entire appeal of it being a colosseum. Now its just Spanish Harlem Projects buildings. The minimap looks like it caught chicken-pox. The hedgehogs literally placed everywhere without rhyme or reason. Why would you get rid of the fire works and trees? Made the map feel special & you cant even see the skybox anymore.

All these changes over the years to suit players that arent good at the game (Tier 5-4).

Bring back;
- Day/night cycles (its why we have heat/night vision)
- Sonar Heat vision (because the current IR heat vision is **** and we all know it)
- Map effects (like river city sandstorm effect, thunderstorms on solaris, dustbowls on rubellite)

Make the maps how they were intended to be played, RELEARN WHAT FUN IS!
Giant Mushroom Kingdom Project Buildings for the low income Mech Mercs, they just gotta go, people need to learn how to play the game better.....

The ones bitching about LRMs on Free Worlds are the ones standing out in the open... very simple.

All in all, just learn to make better maps knowing that people are going to ***** (based off their skills) no matter what, You cant cater to everyone who cries, so just make a better product :)

#2 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 20 April 2023 - 07:47 AM

Id agree they did go overboard on the number of weird mushroom things, and that they are fairly ugly.

However, LRM cover on that map was pretty much nonexistent. There was an incident with a teammate who got NARCED and was being rained on. Even pushed right up against one of the cube pillar things, the rain was still hitting - i ended up having to jump up on the pillar in a MAD II so i could put my mech in the way and share some armour. NARC should not be a guaranteed death sentence, on any map (It also lasts FAR too long, but thats a different discussion)

It wasnt a big problem for me, mainly because LRMs are super rare in T1, but i can absolutely see what people were complaining about.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 20 April 2023 - 07:48 AM.

#3 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 09:35 AM

MUSHROOM KINGDOM - you said it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users