Melting Nvidia Cable Connector - Aftermath: Still Issues...

1 reply to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 22 May 2023 - 10:09 PM

This repair guy gets melted connector cards with CableMod Adapters fully connected which would disprove the current theory that userflaws were the main issue on melted connectors:
Melting 4090 and CableMod. JayzTwoCents and Gamers Nexus Response. Blame NVidia or User? - YouTube

#2 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 10 June 2023 - 10:51 AM

Meh, I'm completely skipping the 40xx line since I was able to score an evga 3090 ftw on a deep discount flash sale on the last batch out of microcenter. I had a few months before scored an evga 3080 12gb for $799 on a flash sale so I jumped on the 3090 and sold the 3080 for $50 more than I paid on ebay. Sold in minutes due to everyone wanting the last high end gpu evga made. I could have turned around and made a tidy profit on the 3090 but meh don't need the money and this will end up a collectors item kinda like my evga 1080 ti ftw. So by the time this gpu needs replacing this power connector issue will have been long solved and maybe evga gets back in the game. Or might go and give amd a try but they seem to be having their own issues too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users