Kodiak Kdk-3

10 replies to this topic

#1 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 537 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 10:16 AM

It is the weakest of all the variants...to say the least, it has NO QUIRKS!

May I suggest so graciously, it so happens to be one of the few mechs in the assault category able to carry four Gauss Rifles! Yet, it can only fire two at the same time!

My suggestion is simple, let it be so it can fire all four Gauss Rifles at the same time. What? There a lot of mech with rather powerful advantages, the only thing wrong, is having mechs with none.

#2 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 12:41 PM

Are you serious

#3 ESC 907

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 206 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 26 May 2023 - 01:44 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 26 May 2023 - 10:16 AM, said:

My suggestion is simple, let it be so it can fire all four Gauss Rifles at the same time. What? There a lot of mech with rather powerful advantages, the only thing wrong, is having mechs with none.

LOL. This would fall right into the category of "peek METAs I hate". See everyone, it is not just Energy boating that I hate... PGI needs to dissuade the supermassive-dmg-Alpha strategy without nerfing dmg, and this idea does the exact opposite.

Also hilarious to claim that the 3 is the weakest, when it is the main one players **** their pants upon encountering.

#4 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 01:50 PM

Yeah sure 60 long range heat free pinpoint on high torso mounts sure that sounds absolutely riotous and totally won't result in you getting plowed like a Rust Belt ****** on payday

Edited by the check engine light, 26 May 2023 - 01:50 PM.

#5 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 03:56 PM

But firing 2 GR at a time in succession perfectly ok? But the 4 at the same time is too much. I thought I would at least hear good arguments.

Plus Gauss rifles already have the disadvantage of exploding when destroyed. Also, they are massive, likely their location will see the loss of any of the two GR before any significant internal damage takes place. Not to mention that mounting 4 GR leaves little run for anything else....a handful flamers or Small lasers maybe?.

#6 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 27 May 2023 - 05:49 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 26 May 2023 - 10:16 AM, said:

It is the weakest of all the variants...to say the least, it has NO QUIRKS!

May I suggest so graciously, it so happens to be one of the few mechs in the assault category able to carry four Gauss Rifles! Yet, it can only fire two at the same time!

just make kodiaks Tanky again

Actually the dire can do 4 guass if you set it up right and it is the reason you can only fire 2 at a time besides do you reall need 4 guass? why not lighter faster firing weapons like ac5's? on that note why not give it ballstic quirks? like ammo quirks maybe or laser quirks to make up for it's small amount of laser hardpoints? Something that works and doesn't make it the next guasszilla

Edited by KursedVixen, 27 May 2023 - 06:14 PM.

#7 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 06:35 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 27 May 2023 - 03:56 PM, said:

But firing 2 GR at a time in succession perfectly ok? But the 4 at the same time is too much. I thought I would at least hear good arguments.

I thought I would at least hear good suggestions

Plus Gauss rifles already have the disadvantage of exploding when destroyed. Also, they are massive, likely their location will see the loss of any of the two GR before any significant internal damage takes place. Not to mention that mounting 4 GR leaves little run for anything else....a handful flamers or Small lasers maybe?.

you should run that and see what happens

#8 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 06:59 PM

The argument is experience. At first you were able to fire as many gauss as you could carry, and it was insanely overpowered. That's why this "only 2 gauss at the time" rule has been established (same thing about why gauss and PPC are in the same HSL group).

#9 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 07:56 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 27 May 2023 - 05:49 PM, said:

just make kodiaks Tanky again

Actually the dire can do 4 guass if you set it up right and it is the reason you can only fire 2 at a time besides do you reall need 4 guass? why not lighter faster firing weapons like ac5's? on that note why not give it ballstic quirks? like ammo quirks maybe or laser quirks to make up for it's small amount of laser hardpoints? Something that works and doesn't make it the next guasszilla

I meed the option to be there

#10 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 08:23 PM

View Postepikt, on 27 May 2023 - 06:59 PM, said:

The argument is experience. At first you were able to fire as many gauss as you could carry, and it was insanely overpowered. That's why this "only 2 gauss at the time" rule has been established (same thing about why gauss and PPC are in the same HSL group).

Ahhh...I did not know that.

#11 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 28 May 2023 - 05:55 AM

View Postsimon1812, on 27 May 2023 - 07:56 PM, said:

I meed the option to be there
It was changed because people started putting 4 guass on their Dires PGI and players decided it was too Op an implmented the rule that you can only fire 2 at a time and also put them in the same heat catagory.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users