• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,548 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 28 September 2023 - 06:54 AM

MWO Legendary Mechs need AMS hardpoint; I do not understand why some of the Legendary Mechs have no AMS hardpoint. (FNR-J, TBR-H, AS7-W, Urbanmech IIC, etc.)

Especially if/when Longbow is coming (new missile weapons? improved missile performance?).
Just my 1 cent. Posted Image

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,265 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 07:20 AM

View Postw0qj, on 28 September 2023 - 06:54 AM, said:

MWO Legendary Mechs need AMS hardpoint; I do not understand why some of the Legendary Mechs have no AMS hardpoint. (FNR-J, TBR-H, AS7-W, Urbanmech IIC, etc.)

Especially if/when Longbow is coming (new missile weapons? improved missile performance?).
Just my 1 cent. Posted Image

I do not see LRMs in the game too often. I think that many players have realized that their LRMs can be countered quite easily and rearmed their 'Mechs with a different weapon system.

Also, I guess that the last LRM nerf influenced some players too.

Thus, that AMS hardpoint is probably not so crucial.

Almost forgot: We already had a 'Mech without AMS hardpoint in the past - and it was a Hero 'Mech. So nothing new here.

#3 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 08:08 AM

Play some MW5, or really any other Battletech title you may have in your library, and you'll probably find that MWO has so many baked-in anti-missile elements right now that AMS is more for artistic flavor than an actual necessity...

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,034 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 11:32 PM

soon:

a 12x ams king crab with one laser hardpoint in its right claw.

#5 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 29 September 2023 - 03:27 AM

likely the lack of AMS hardpoints on the Legendaries is because PGI is trying to sell them to the top 1% players who think they are above using AMS and just want to do away with LRM anyway. par for the course really.

(jokes on them i will always us LRMs, most of the free stalker-7D event i used my LRM -30 Hunchback. got some pretty good matches. nothing i like more than playing an LRM boat and seeing Zero AMS on the enemy team)

#6 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,034 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 06:06 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 29 September 2023 - 03:27 AM, said:

likely the lack of AMS hardpoints on the Legendaries is because PGI is trying to sell them to the top 1% players who think they are above using AMS and just want to do away with LRM anyway. par for the course really.

(jokes on them i will always us LRMs, most of the free stalker-7D event i used my LRM -30 Hunchback. got some pretty good matches. nothing i like more than playing an LRM boat and seeing Zero AMS on the enemy team)

i think part of the reason skillwarriors keep trying to get lerms nerfed, is because practically none of them want to have to run ams. if lerms are a problem for you, run counters. still a problem? run more counters (there are many). if you still have problem, it might be skill. try using cover.

frankly i wouldn't mind giving blue beams their own counters, in the form of reflective armor. and ppcs in the form of blueshield. or reactive armor for ballistics. i can imagine the salt this would create, it would be awesome.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 September 2023 - 06:08 AM.

#7 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,735 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 29 September 2023 - 12:20 PM

If these were aimed at the top 1%, they'd have ECM instead of ever bothering with AMS. ECM is more versatile and valuable than AMS. Like Lockheed_ mentioned, a lot of people like assaults, and why would PGI bother with the least played classes? The fact assaults are the most played weight class and also has the most legendaries I doubt is coincidence.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 29 September 2023 - 12:32 PM.

#8 SafeScanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 30 September 2023 - 03:36 AM

Lore And (or) TT i believe is a driving factor and elitist behaviour besides the odd boast (class vs class)

we do have AMS with 2+ mounts in the game

Edited by SafeScanner, 30 September 2023 - 03:40 AM.

#9 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 10:12 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 29 September 2023 - 03:27 AM, said:

Cover is zero tons and slots and so much better than AMS

View PostLordNothing, on 29 September 2023 - 06:06 AM, said:

i think part of the reason skillwarriors keep trying to get lerms nerfed, is because practically none of them want to have to run ams. if lerms are a problem for you, run counters. still a problem? run more counters (there are many). if you still have problem, it might be skill. try using cover.

I don't identify as so called skillwarrior but not that many LRMs in games usually and if there is, it is lurm boat with so many tubes that single AMS doesn't do ****.

#10 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,034 posts

Posted 01 October 2023 - 11:28 PM

View PostCurccu, on 01 October 2023 - 10:12 PM, said:

Cover is zero tons and slots and so much better than AMS

I don't identify as so called skillwarrior but not that many LRMs in games usually and if there is, it is lurm boat with so many tubes that single AMS doesn't do ****.

moderate skill players dont have any problem evading lerms, i dont see why high skill types do. at the lower end you have people using lerms badly which makes up for players who cannot evade, and they usually have the gumption to install ams. at least that's the way i see it.

#11 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 03 October 2023 - 11:46 AM

what the "1 AMS does nothing" crowd don't seem to even take into account is that yeah a single AMS isn't going to massively impact something with 40+ tubes but this is a TEAM game and if say 2 of your allies are carrying a single AMS each as well then it quickly adds up. if you stay relatively close to them you now have 3 AMS and that does a great deal of work.

(hell i have had more than a few matches with only a single AMS shooting down near to or more than 200 missiles (much more if thee is a good bit of LRM on the enemy team). depending on type of missile (they work on any missile including NARC though the closer the firing mech is the less effective it is) thats a reasonable bit of potential damage not getting through.)

#12 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 03 October 2023 - 01:05 PM

Who needs ams when half the enemy team has ecm and lrms are one of the slowest and easiest things to doge that can't even move over 200 without skill tree's anemic velocity skills? Dogeing a guass vs a lrm I can walk an atlas away from the lrm without even thinking about it laughing to my self at the poor idiot running lrms wasting all that tonnage for such a useless weapon.

If any thing that "legendary" joke of a jenner needs way more hard points of any kind in four other locations. One hard point ooohhh so OP it MUST BE NERFED I can hear the assult wankers crying already.

#13 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 04 October 2023 - 01:26 AM

yeah LRM have been nerfed into the ground since the Cauldron took over things didn't used to be so bad.

#14 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,548 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 27 November 2023 - 01:55 PM

Please bring back AMS hardpoint back to all Legendary Mechs!

I'm horrified that half the Legendary mechs do not have AMS hard points, meaning that you cannot equip AMS on these!
https://mwomercs.com...d-ams-hardpoint

Before the Legendary mech era, only the Cicada CDA-X5 hero mech did not have AMS hardpoint (and that's literally from a list of almost 900 mech variants).

=================
With the toying of LRM/ATM being more effective in this Longbow era:

~There might be a -55% reduction in ECM protection bubble surface area coming in Dec'2023, making it a personal mech protection equipment, while greatly reducing it as a "team protection" equipment (proposed: ECM protection down to 90m from 120m).
https://mwomercs.com...023-patch-notes

#15 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 728 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 02:38 AM

Legendary mechs have enough other things going for 'em I don't know that they really need AMS slots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users