• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 11 November 2023 - 02:12 AM

Looks like a Victor, fires like a typical Capella, all weapons are available. Any opinions?

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Lu_Wei_Bing

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,265 posts

Posted 11 November 2023 - 02:54 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 11 November 2023 - 02:12 AM, said:

Looks like a Victor, fires like a typical Capella, all weapons are available. Any opinions?

One or two practical thoughts:

1) The Lu Wei Bing is five tons heavier than the Victor, i.e. it would require some resizing and adjusting of the Victor's game model.

2) With just a shoulder actuator, the arm movement would be quite limited.

3) All weapons are not available. Multi-Missile Launchers are not in the MechWarrior Online weapons selection. Of course, PGI could use some other missiles - SRMs or MRMs probably.

4) The only significant advantage of this 'Mech would be its ECM hardpoint. That is nice, but probably not enough. I do not see too many Victors in the game these days. Posted Image

Disregarding the Lu Wei Bing's BattleTech backstory, the Lu Wei Bing is more or less just another Victor variant with ECM and I am not sure how many prospective customers it would find.

I guess that after a few brawling attempts in the MWO's long-range sniping meta, the majority of the 'Mech's owners would realize that their new Lu Wei Bing has inherited all the Victor's weaknesses.
Probably, they would rearm their 'Mechs with the eye towards the long-range ECM sniping or jump-sniping. I am not sure if MWO needs another ECM sniper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users