Ode To The Marauder Iic

4 replies to this topic

#1 PHANT0M23

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 June 2024 - 06:10 PM

Alternate title: "Oh good. I get to enjoy a match without listening to Phantom."

#2 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 03:28 AM

Damn man, you say it's an ode but your build is an insult to this beautiful mech! Posted Image

GG anyway.

edit: loved the moment when you're facing the whole enemy team and everybody's staring at each other without even twisting! funny.

Edited by epikt, 17 June 2024 - 03:30 AM.

#3 PHANT0M23

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 07:09 PM

View Postepikt, on 17 June 2024 - 03:28 AM, said:

Damn man, you say it's an ode but your build is an insult to this beautiful mech! Posted Image

GG anyway.

edit: loved the moment when you're facing the whole enemy team and everybody's staring at each other without even twisting! funny.

I wanted to go with something that let me shoot two ER PPCs a LOT while also being extremely fast. I think this has 26 heat sinks. The loadout is currently slightly different, featuring 3 er smalls and an ER medium as support weapons. It keeps the LRM20 because the rate of fire is ridiculous.

It was just damn, blind luck that the four of us were able to charge in like that. It was essentially a fresh lance coming face-to-face with two missile boats in the back of their formation. Those guys were out of action long enough for the remainder of our team (so we were hitting their team from two sides at this point) to engage the rest of them without two missile boats raining hell on them. I made sure to stay as close as possible to negate the LRMs.

I finished the match at 17% health...hahahahahahahahaha. Keep an eye out for my next video.

Edited by PHANT0M23, 17 June 2024 - 07:11 PM.

#4 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 11:32 PM

Strange build, but I like doing weird builds occasionally.. meta can so get boring. Posted Image

As weird builds go... I have a Fafnir with 2LRM20, 2xRAC2 and 2xLPPC (and a tag), it does pretty good in most matches, despite how odd it is.

#5 PHANT0M23

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 07:57 AM

View Postkalashnikity, on 17 June 2024 - 11:32 PM, said:

Strange build, but I like doing weird builds occasionally.. meta can so get boring. Posted Image

As weird builds go... I have a Fafnir with 2LRM20, 2xRAC2 and 2xLPPC (and a tag), it does pretty good in most matches, despite how odd it is.

It's a good bracket build. You get great up-close damage with the racs, and the PPCs are effective anywhere between close range and LRM range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users