Crossfire/SLI

91 replies to this topic

#1 Yleecoyote

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

Just a quick question as to whether of not MWO will support SLI/CROSSFIRE (primarily crossfire) and utilize its full potential? If this has been addressed in a previous thred my apologies.

#2 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Soon™ . I've heard somewhere that this will be a planned feature, but for now I can only speculate that during the closed beta they have more important things to roll on out than optimizations.

#3 Yleecoyote

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

View Postmwhighlander, on 31 July 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

Soon™ . I've heard somewhere that this will be a planned feature, but for now I can only speculate that during the closed beta they have more important things to roll on out than optimizations.

thanks for the info Highlander. I just ordered my crossfire cards and they will be here tomorrow, so I wanted to know if that would be supported for this game. Also eyefinity would be pretty sweet in this game. I know that in alot of games that were released in 2011-early 1st qtr of 2012 they still were having problems getting the game software to utilize the dual cards. The game would get confused and only use the first of the cards. Now with HIGH end systems using quad cards, and quad procs on the GPU's it seems games will be even more confused, not to mention the users LOL. I am EXCITED about this game, but I am very leary about the whole F2P format. Unfortunatley due to the over HACKED PC gaming community developers have felt no other option available....not like in the early 2000's when developers combated hacking with weekly or bi-weekly updates to keep the hackers on their heels. Anyways...(stepping off soap box) as I said I am very excited about the game being that MW2 was my first competitive online game I played in tourneys back in 1999....ON DIAL-UP!!! LOL. Go shadow catz!!!!!

#4 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

If your fondest memories of MechWarrior were from MW2 / MW2:mercs, you'll be in for one Hell of a time.

:)

Edited by mwhighlander, 31 July 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#5 AllGamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 331 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in innersphere

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

^bump^

Still waiting for proper AMD ATI CrossFire Support

#6 LuCi

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Indeed. There is still no crossfire support. I get the 100% identical performance with 2 gpus (both at 100% load) vs 1 gpu. And no, I'm not cpu bound. I run 2560x1600 resolution and have a 4.2Ghz core i7 920. If I enable r_multigpu = 1 I get the performance boost expected but the textures flicker so bad that I almost have a seizure.

#7 Pafetik Bazerka

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Yep also very much looking forward to seeing SLI support. I understand Nvidia have to come to the party also, so lets hope the devs be having some nice lunches with'm.

Its a bit depressing watching one GPU on my my GTX690 climb over 65c when most other games due to spreading load with SLI have it 10-15 deg c cooler.

I'm soon entering the summer months in Australia.
I won't bother explaing the effects of heat to a mechwarrior.

Edited by Pafetik Bazerka, 31 October 2012 - 02:30 AM.

#8 AllGamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 331 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in innersphere

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

agreed i posted a related topic here exclusively asking about crossfire http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1312990

no official responses yet

also sent an email to Tech Support also no response yet :D

#9 Straker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

I'm also waiting to hear a response. I have 2XGTX680's in SLI. I am playing on 3 monitors in surround. I destroy benchmarks and other games, yet MWO hit's the 70 degree mark and starts downclocking almost right away.

#10 IQwrassler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 167 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario ... hunting for kimuras ...

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

I am currently running an SLI rig, and am eagerly anticipating its support in MW:O.

As far as I understand it, SLI support is more dependent on nVidia's end than PGI's. Much like ambient occlusion support (which was added in recent drivers), SLI support will need to be implemented in a future driver release by nVidia.

When it does, triple monitor performance should be niiiiiice!

#11 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Any update on this?

#12 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

try this for crossfire-

http://mwomercs.com/...02#entry1720202

http://mwomercs.com/...w-131-catalyst/

#13 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

I think this means "no native support. . yet"

On another note, how does one load and or apply one application profile to the mwo .exe file? My knowledge of computers is great, my knowledge of CCC is atrocious, and my google foo is not in great form this morning

found tthe invoke preset invoke button but its greyed out

Edited by Sen, 22 January 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#14 RobinSage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Inner Sphere

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Currently I have been using two HD6970's in Crossfire. I DO NOT recommend using CCC to run your ATI cards. I use MSI Afterburner. MSI Afterburner can be used for just about any card out there, NVIDIA or ATI. But there are a few steps that you need to take to get it to run efficiently and run both cards cool. You must UNINSTALL ALL ATI CCC parts. So do a fresh install with driver sweeper or something similar. Then...install ONLY the base video drivers and the catalyst installer, but not the CCC. Then you will want to install the most recent MSI Afterburner. Google - Disable ULPS. There should be two entries, one for each card in the registry. I don't have the link handy but it should be easy to find. Once the ULPS is disabled you will notice when you restart MSI Afterburner that you can then set the voltages, speeds, and fans speeds for your video cards.

I have to run my fans high, as this game runs really hot, even for two cards. Remember that both cards will be running, but will NOT be optimized for this game as until SLI/Xfire is fully supported you might only notice slight FPS increases. I will guarantee you that the game will run more smoothly than using CCC. All ATI card users should be running it. Don't bother with RadeonPro. It's not currently working well with this game or ANY cryengine based game. MSI Afterburner works with EVERY game I own. No graphics issues with this game at all.

#15 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

I use afterburner for OCing, but I've been seeing reports here of far better that "slight" CF gains using CCC's profiles from one game or (people in some of these threads being linked to are reporting up to 50% scaling). Besides, CCC has settings afterburner doesn't. IMO, both have their place, and I run both, although thankfully I no longer have to deal with CF.

#16 Silpher K

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

has anyone tried the new drivers from nvidia that was released today (and/or yesterday's)?

313.95/96

http://www.geforce.c...s/results/56530

these drivers are optimised for crysis3 mp beta, specifically fixed/optimised for sli. and since mwo runs on cryengine3, MAYBE it would help? or do we still need to wait for PGI to patch to latest cryengine3 version.

#17 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

gonna try these Nvidia drivers now and try em out... SLI is really needed on this game, and some something to help out dual-core PC's. My PC is 4-core but I have another machine with a dual core 3GHz and Geforce 640 and it has a hard time sometimes playing the game. :)

#18 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Sadly, it does seem to help performance by a few FPS on my GTX 550 Ti, but it won't enable SLI. :'(

I think my stupid FX-4100 CPU is the hang up though mostly, cuz my one GPU sticks around 80%.

#19 eduncan911

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Here's the SLI "Known Issues" thread to vote up:

http://mwomercs.com/...lity-is-needed/

#20 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

Just got a multi-GPU card...no SLI in MWO...sad panda...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users