ISN News Flash

10 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

Mon. Jan 9, 3049: Over a decade since Melissa Steiner-Davion’s Sarna March exploitation intervention, residents of worlds still resentful.

#2 Leonardo Monteiro

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationGalatea, Island of Skye

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

The Archon's name is Melissa, not Melissia.

I bet the reporter is a Davion..

#3 Jerrard Cranston

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Shouldn't it be "residents" not "residence", which would be where one lives?

I enjoy the rolling history but does anyone re-read these things before you guys post them? It just takes away from the whole product when you have to fight through bad grammar.

#4 Glorius

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPesht, Pesht Military District, Draconis Combine

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

Actually, it's your job, mr. Cranston, and the appropriate department of FC.

Edited by Glorius, 09 January 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#5 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostJerrard Cranston, on 09 January 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Shouldn't it be "residents" not "residence", which would be where one lives?

I enjoy the rolling history but does anyone re-read these things before you guys post them? It just takes away from the whole product when you have to fight through bad grammar.

Sorry Mrs. Miller...
/writes "I will re-check my work" on the blackboard 100 times.

#6 Dlardrageth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 09 January 2012 - 09:50 AM, said:

Sorry Mrs. Miller...
/writes "I will re-check my work" on the blackboard 100 times.

Pics or it didn't happen! ^_^

#7 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

(On-topic)
The Sarna March is trouble. You take half of the Caps' territory and expect them to happily accept another flag? What if, assuming pre-FRR conditions, that the Dracs managed to take my beloved Skye. We wouldn't be 'resentful.' We'd be bloody fighting in the streets, the swamps, the sea, whatever. They'd have to pull a Kentares IV to stop us. Even if it's not technically the flag of the FedSuns, I don't think the folks in this 'Sarna March' have any particular liking for us Lyrans, especially since we're technically one nation with those pompous ***** Suns now. Well, here's what I pulled up on the info net.

The Sarna March was a short-lived administrative unit created after the Fourth Succession War out of the worlds the Federated Suns had conquered from the Capellan Confederation and the worlds annexed from Tikonov Free Republic in the early 3030s. Since Prince Hanse Davion had given the conquered worlds to his wife, Melissa Steiner, as his wedding present to her, the Sarna March was technically a part of the Lyran State Command. As such, the march was named after its capital world, Sarna, in the Lyran fashion.

The Sarna March was divided into two Operations Areas, Sarna and Terra Firma.

(Technically this would be all the info we would have at this date.)

Edited by Alistair Steiner, 09 January 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#8 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

Exploitation Intervention? Don't remember reading about it but it sounds like a noble was abusing his power like on the Rasalhague front before the FRR.

#9 tony katdander

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Locationthe internet

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:09 AM

hey i just noticed tht the title goes like so-inner sphere news news flash -lol

#10 Stonewall

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOn Point

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

"Mon. Jan 9, 3049: Over a decade since Melissia Steiner-Davion’s Sarna March exploitation intervention, residence of worlds still resentful."

I was going to leave this alone because someone already mentioned it but I see that the grammatical errors remain on this website. That it has been pointed out and not fixed bothers me immensely.

It might seem trivial [comma] but I was taught very early in life that when writing formally, grammatical errors are inexcusable and undermine the purpose of the text. The fact that this is appears on a professional website and it is as visible as it is makes this doubly disappointing. I can understand making the mistake given the awesomeness of being involved with such a project (I for one would still be vibrating from place to place) however that it has remained after someone has pointed it out really worries me. I for one would want to correct this as soon as possible, because not fixing it sends a bad message even if not everyone hears it. It might seem small and trivial but one must wonder if it shows an underlying carelessness.

It might seem **** but I demand excellence as everyone else should and this community and this company is capable of delivering a quality product. Quality Products [Incorrect capitalization] (kept that for emphasis) start with the small stuff, like caring enough to get the trivial things right.

[It was fixed a day ago.]

P.S. The grammatical errors on my part were left to allow me to illustrate what has already been done. I see now that it is fixed in the forum but I copied the above text from the main page. Please be so kind and fix it there as well.

Edited by stonewall, 10 January 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#11 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

I agree, but I don't believe it's trivial. These news flashes are "Hi Viz." Do what you do well, or no one will take you serious. Everything affects the marketplace. We have high standards, because we want to see this game succeed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users