Tharkad City Summit Sign-Up

185 replies to this topic

#1 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

This is the sign-up thread for Tharkad City Summit RP.

To join the RP, post a character bio, including your entry story (reason for attending), and wait to be edited onto the "Approved Character" list on the bottom of this post. I'll try to keep the group small enough to stay coherent, so once we reach a reasonable limit, applications will close, but bios posted after that may be invited if an opening comes up.
Once you're approved, repost your bio and entry into the RP thread and join in!

The setting 3049 on the planet Tharkad, capital of the Lyran Alliance. A "Summit in the Spirit of Inner Sphere Cooperation" has been called by the as-yet unofficial Federated Commonwealth, intended primarily as a platform to show off the might of the newly-merged Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth. Dignitaries from all across the inner sphere are in attendance, as well as representatives from many mercenary corporations that have gone to great lengths to secure invitations, hoping to score major contracts from the many bureaucrats and officers at the summit.
But nothing goes smoothly does it?

The thread will be primarily character-based, with no 'Mech-on-'Mech action; there may be quite a few acts of violence committed in the course of events, but no true "combat" to avoid complications.

Rules:
- No clan stories or affiliations. (The invasion is only a few weeks 'till technically starting, word will not spread for quite some time.)
- Use [square brackets] to post Out Of Character when necessary, where possible use this thread to discuss and clarify.
- No grandstanding or God-Modding. (Making one's character unrealistically powerful, or forcing the center of attention to the exclusion of others posts.)
- All weapons were confiscated at the door (Save perhaps a well-concealed ceramic knife if your character's really sneaky - disclose in bio and beware the consequences if it's found.) so you'll have to get creative if things get dangerous.
- Have fun.

(I'm using an old character who was an older, experienced officer in my FedCom civil war era RPs, his father was my character circa the 4th Succession war.)

Character Bio
--------------------------------
Name: Grafvitnir Holmlundsson
Callsign: "Graaf" or "Duke"
Born: 3028 (Age 22 in 3049)
Experience: Lojtnant in the Rasalhague KungsArme, recently completed second tour of duty.
Graduate of Northwind Academy, sponsored by his father, a former Highlander.
'Mech: Dragon (Gauss Rifle, 2XMedium Laser, SRM-4)

Graaf stands 5'9" with a military frame, and is of mixed Norse and Scots (Hebrides) ancestry, with Green eyes and reddish-brown hair. Wears his hair high and tight, with a short trimmed beard.
Currently wearing a KungsArme dress uniform:
Posted Image
His callsign is a play on his shortened name, "Graaf" translated to "Duke" by Lyran classmates at Northwind Academy, inspired by his taciturn personality and perceived arrogance - in truth a product of his socially-isolated upbringing on a remote planet by his father - a Rasalhague-born former Highlander who had been injured in the Ronin war after resigning his commission to join Rasalhague's fight for independence; who sought to raise his son as a new generation of warrior to continue Rasalhague's dream of freedom. The callsign was later reaffirmed as a mark of respect due to his deep familiarity with Battlemechs and firm code of "warrior's honor", although this code is still often the butt of jokes.

(For any of you who were in The Windbourne Raven, welcome back! It's been most of a year in-universe since our last adventure.)

Approved Characters
Grafvitnir: Grafvitnir Holmlundsson, "Graaf"
Oni Storm: Victor Von Laxsinger, "Tiger"
The Outlaw Kazzen: Keiji Shiba, "Outlaw"
Thom Frankfurt: DeMarkus Frankfurt, "Hangman"
Sparks Murphey: Kristian Hupetcoff
Listless Nomad: James Söderlund, "Nomad"
Vodkaviator: Otto Morton, "Pilgrim"
RogueSpear: Vantas Strider, "Harleboss"

Edited by Grafvitnir, 05 August 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#2 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

Character Bio

Name: Victor Von Laxsinger
Callsign: "Tiger"
Born: 3024 November 5th (Age: 24)
Experience: Heir apparent to Castle Laxsinger overlooking the Stranglethorn Forrest region
of the Northern Continent, planet Epsilon; Free Worlds League.
Lance Commander of the "Hell Cats" 2nd Lance 3rd Company 8th Marik Militia Posted Image
Mech: Hunchback 4P-Swayback
Education: Graduate of Princefield Military AcademyPosted Image
Graduated 8th in his class but refused posting

Little more than a over pampered rich boy. Victor had everything handed to him on a literal silver platter. Life was easy for the first 24 years of his life. Fast times, fast cars, and faster women. He even tried a brief stint on Solaris using his father's funding from many of the rare medical vaccines and antibiotics that come from Stranglethorn Forrest. This is where everything changed in his life, the wine, the women, and his pretty boy looks where all lost in an instant the day his cockpit was breached during that horrific match in the Laio Arena that is still occasionally aired on the vids to this day. The scene of his Swayback engulfed in flames by a pair of twin flamers from that modified Dragon and the finishing kick that toppled his beloved "Tiger Hawk" as the flames continued to lick at it's graven form, are still the talk of many Arena buffs. The medical team dragging is body free from the carriage and carting off his then thought lifeless corpse.

That has been just over a year ago now and the scars to his face and arms bear little in way of witness or reminder to just how bad off he truly was back then. His soul however has become twisted and tainted and he seems like half the man he once was. Where before there was light and a carefree attitude now there seems only cold harsh and remorseless abandonment.

He has come to Tharkad, and the Summit therein, as a sign of good faith from his father, Epsilon, and the Free Worlds League an an ambassador of such in hopes and representation of just what the League still has to offer in the way of medical treatment and grafts. A job he loathes and despises but must endure for the betterment of all those involved.

Edited by Oni Storm, 02 August 2012 - 01:36 AM.

#3 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

Sounds good, Oni Storm! Add a character description and an entry story and I'll add you to the approved list. Take your time writing it, the more detail the better.

#4 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'm interested, but between the Clan JF Occupation RP, the Solaris RP, and the Honor Among Thieves RP, I think I'd be stretching myself thin to join this one as well. I'll keep an eye on it and will post something if you need the numbers (which I doubt will be the case :D)

Good luck!

#5 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

Note to GM: "Hell Cats" organizational roster with NPC characters names, ranks, and brief side notes.
P.S. if anyone out there wants to take over one of the afore mentioned please feel free to flesh them out Posted ImagePosted Image

Lance 2nd: Catherine "Cat" Pride
Born: 3026 Dec 7 (Age:22)
Mech: Cataphract 1X
Background: one of two identical twins, their family and the Laxsingers go back generations. They too are minor aristocracy, their father owning a medicinal production company. Cat has always been the more adventurous and troublesome of the two twins. Often prone to coming up with one crazy scheme or another and dragging her sister into it any way she came, often not even meaning too. Her love for Victor knows no bounds and once (at least in her mind) they had even talked about marriage. However it seems to her that all of that has been lost since the accident. she strives now to regain that love and man that she has lost and is willing to do anything to get him back.
Looks: Cathrine has some what let herself go as far as caring about her looks; imagine Milla Jovovich in "The Messenger" as Joan of Arch during the prison / inquisition scenes.

Lance Mate: Leopold "Leopard" Strauss
Born: 3028 Aug 1 (Age:20)
Mech: Catapult K2
Mindset: Arrogant and cocky mech jock, a Lot like Victor back at the Academy. God's gift to cockpit. Barely notices the girls interest in him as he's usually to busy getting into himself or his mech skills to care. He is a damn good pilot and mechanic and worse still he "knows it"
Looks: Surfer boy type has a love child with Micheal Phelps and turns out to be mechanically inclined.

Lance Mate: Katie "Kitty" Pride
Born: 3026 Dec 7 (Age:22)
Mech: Catapult K2
Mindset: Flighty and fun loving, could bring a smile to almost anyone's face except Victor's (though she tries constantly) This girl is always the life of the party and can captivate most anyone who listens to her for more than a few passing minutes, with her own whimsical and often self-humiliatingly tales of her adventures and exploits, in and out of the cockpit.
Background: one of two identical twins, their family and the Laxsingers go back generations. They too are minor aristocracy, their father owning a medicinal production company. Katie has long followed in her twins footsteps and while she loves both Cat and Tiger, she has put aside her own feeling for him in order to help Cat achieve her goals of finally snapping Victor out of his dull-drums and back into her arms.
Looks: Very Milla Jovovich in Fifth Element in personal fitness and style.

Edited by Oni Storm, 02 August 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#6 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

i would like to apply with leo here.

[note i am basing my character on remy lebow. who is known as gambit in the marvel universe. just because i am planning on using a set of metallic cards that slide into a throwing configuration with build in vibromotors, like vibroblades and knives, as his primary hold out weapon. however to make them less powerful the card would have to be recharged after using the vibro function once. if allowed in vibro form they can cut through light body armor up to a moderate kevlar vest. however anything heavier, such as riot gear, it would not go through. it can't penetrate body armor at all in normal throwing mode. note you can disclude the vibro function if you want. my guy gambles a lot, i am basing him around all of that.}

Name: Leo Faust [lion fist]

Faction: Lyran Commonwealth

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 180

Mech: Leo is incapable of piloting a mech. his mental trauma affects his ability to interface with a neurohelmet.

Looks: Leo has a golden mane of hair in a swept back pattern. he has no bangs because all of his hair is swept back. it goes to about his shoulders and all of it goes over his ears. he is Caucasian though well tanned. he constantly wears a pair of ruby tinted sunglasses. he wears a full length duster with it's sleeves rolled up to show off his forearms. he wears a white shirt underneath. on the duster he wears the insignia of the DG, diplomatic guard, who are the protectors of ambassadors to other successor states. for pants he wears a pair of loose fitting black slacks. he wears black shoes with a strong grip.

Voice: leo speaks with a french accent though besides the twinge in his voice he speaks english and german perfectly.

Public History: leo grew up in a french section of the capital of tamar. his parents died extremely young. he was raised in an orphanage until he was 12. this is where his past gets murky. he disappeared 3 days before his 13th birthday, he is not heard again for 10 years. At this point he shows up as a member of the DC, diplomatic core, which is considered a softer version of loki and lohengrin, who are feared to the level of DEST or the ISF or maskirova. he served there for 3 years before being moved to the DG. he has served with distinction in that role for the last year.

Classified history: For reasons that are still unclear to this day leo was picked to be drafted into loki, which is essentially a state sponsored terrorism unit. He was trained for 5 years and underwent extensive military training and psychological conditioning. he was trained to not have a conscience or to feel fear. the only thing that mattered to him was that the commonwealth prosper. for 4 years he undertook missions that left a trail of destruction halfway across the inner sphere. After each mission he left a card with a golden lion on it, which was his handle name. however his last mission was to bomb a hotel that contained a FWL intelligence agent who had managed to track down information that completely exposed all of the lohengrin agents operating in marik space. the assassination went off perfectly. the building ended up burning to the ground with the agent trapped inside. however as he was leaving the scene all he saw was a child crying while being held by her dead mother who had shielded the child from falling glass. a chunk was sticking out of her back. for the first time in years leo felt sad, he was horrified at all the pain and suffering he had caused. once back in lyran space no amount of counselling could wash that image from his mind. he was reassigned to the DC in hopes that they could still get some use out of him. while he was still able to find contacts and do his job, leo was forced to kill more than once to get the information he was tasked with getting. it was getting to him more and more each time he was forced to kill. so they assigned him to the DG, in the hopes that if he was ever forced to kill the fact that it was in defense of others would asaunge [ugh can't spell it] his conscious. since he has been in DG he has never been forced to kill. he has done exemplary work in it.

Personality: Leo is tormented by his past. because of this he refuses to fight in self defense. he feels that he is unworthy of being defended. he will however fight to protect others. due to his self hate he gambles and drinks compulsively. this has led to his nickname "gambit". despite the fact he is usually intoxicated he almost always wins at card games. he is also a bit of a womanizer.

Weapons: Leo usually cares an extremely large pistol with the name Rose engraved on it in gold with a bunch of roses in gold as well. As he is not protecting anyone in particular and is just there as an extra guard as needed he is not allowed to carry his gun. He also carries 2 decks of cards. 1 of which is a hold over from his loki days. the Golden ace was his calling card. the other 3 suits were black red and blue. he constantly challenges people to card games for cash. [yes winning massive amounts of cash off people is a weapon :D] he also carries a set of weaponized cards. these cards are made of a non-nickel or ferrous alloy. they are extremely heavy cards that slide out into a position that makes them similar to a throwing star. he is extremely accurate with these cards in particular and most thrown weapons in general. the cards are concealed in his metallic glasses case which is nearly impossible to see the inside of with a security scanner. they are also concealed if you look into the case as well. which seems normal because he is wearing his glasses. he also usually has a jug of rum or whiskey. that could be considered a weapon.

special note: due to his terrorist past he is very good at spotting other terrorists and is extremely capable of both arming and diffusing explosives.

[if you need me to tone him down just tell me.]

note: most of the edits are spelling corrections.

Edited by dal10, 02 August 2012 - 08:09 AM.

#7 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

Oni: Good that you've fleshed out a roster! They'll be under your control, I'll inform you if anything is required of them that our main characters wouldn't know about. Just be careful of letting them take over, posting as multiple characters can make a thread confusing very quickly.

Dal10: It looks like you've got quite the lively discussion going on over at Honor Among Thieves already! It's a lot of fun getting into play-by-post RP, we're all happy to give tips if you need them! Try to focus on one character at a time, and see if you can get your HAT character really fleshed out before starting another.
I'll keep your bio here, feel free to add to it or modify as inspiration strikes you, and I'll PM you if it looks like a good opportunity to start the multi-tasking has come along in both threads.

Edited by Grafvitnir, 02 August 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#8 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostGrafvitnir, on 02 August 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

Dal10: It looks like you've got quite the lively discussion going on over at Honor Among Thieves already! It's a lot of fun getting into play-by-post RP, we're all happy to give tips if you need them! Try to focus on one character at a time, and see if you can get your HAT character really fleshed out before starting another.
I'll keep your bio here, feel free to add to it or modify as inspiration strikes you, and I'll PM you if it looks like a good opportunity to start the multi-tasking has come along in both threads.

the issue on the other thread is that i didn't build my first character for the story. he was made for something else. this one is actually designed for this thread. as for multi-tasking i really only have to work on this character. the other one is based off of my personality. i won't try to argue but i am going to say i don't think i will have an issue doing both. if you decide that i should wait to start on this one i will respect the decision.

#9 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Good to see you back Graf! I'd love to join, but Spear is elsewhere at the moment - if you end up wanting a player to clog a breach, send a PM and I'll write someone up for whatever role you're looking for B)

#10 The Outlaw Kazzen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

Name: Shiba, Keiji

Known alias: Kazzen

Callsign: Outlaw

Appearance: He arrives at the summit wearin a dark red tux and bearing a Draconis Combine pin.

Weapons: His hands and feet.

Faction Affiliation: Draconis Combine (Former DCMS)

Military History: Former Combine Special Forces Sniper.

Criminal History: After serving time in the DCMSSF, Kazzen racked up quite a resume as a general outlaw and mercenary. Crimes to include, murder, grand larceny, arson, destruction of government property, corporate espionage, public intoxication, public indecency, breaking the child labor law in FedSun space, ransom of a House Stiener deligate, sleeping with afformentioned delegate's daughter, political assassination, inciting riots in FWL space, grand theft mech and littering.

Mech: Jenner (Named "Sovereign Outlaw")

Mech History: Stolen right off the factory floor, the Sovereign Outlaw was used by Kazzen as a getaway vehicle after planting charges withing the facility. Unfortunately, he had no prior pilot training and barely made it out of there before the bombs blew. The Jenner surprisingly took little damage from the sloppy escape and Kazzen has been piloting it ever since.

Recent History: After several years as a Lone Wolf mercenary, Keiji returned to DC space after receiving an offer from a Kuritan agent. He is now up to his neck in political intrigue and is attending the summit as a Kuritan representative. What he is actually doing is anyones guess. Given Kazzen's track record he likely doesn't know what he is up to either...

#11 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

Totally, Spear and Thom are getting ready to kick the Falcon's square in the Kerensky's

#12 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

You're in, Outlaw. Lord knows how the Kurita ISF scrubbed your file, but if any Steiner personnel recognize you, be VERY worried. B)

#13 The Outlaw Kazzen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Kazzen normally wore a mask back in the more hectic days. (See Honor Among Thieves for instance) So it isn't likely unless they managed to get some intel on him through their own espionage means...

But lets face it, this is STEINER we are talking about. Their "Spies" likely ride around in Atlases while blasting the mission impossible and/or James Bond themes over their loudspeakers.

#14 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

True, if the Steiners can't eat it, drink it, sleep with it, or cover it with gold filigree, chances are they'll blow it up. B)

#15 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Name: DeMarkus Frankfurt
Callsign: Hangman
Battlemech: Cataphract, though he does have access to multiple different mechs.
Mech of choice: Cataphract
House Affiliation: House Liao (what a surprise!) but ties are strained at best, he did follow Pavel Ridzik off to form the TFR. Has grown more worldly and open to the other cultures and nations of the Inner Sphere. Is considering gaining FedCom citizenship, especially considering his son, Thom, attended NAMA
Date & Place of Birth: March 31st, 2990 New Shiloh, Warlock, Capellan Confederation (Now St. Ives Compact)
Current Residence: Warlock Stables formerly known as Rainbow Stables.

Physical Description:
Tall and slim with wiry muscles. Has a gagged scar running down the left side of his face. And his left shoulder is a road map of scar tissue. Partially from injuries he sustained defending Tikonov and also the myomer implant surgury to replace the damaged shoulder muscle. Hazel eyes and greyish white hair. He's still letting it hang loosely, but it's now long enough to tie up in a pony tail that goes halfway down his back. Normally wears a jumpsuit, but has finally been in one place long enough to have quite the respectful wardrobe. For formal occasions he dresses up in fine suits. A good idea would be what Donald Sutherland looks like now-a-days...

Noteable equipment:
Jumpsuit, coolant vest, neural helmet and plasteel boots which he has stashed away back on Solaris. Has an ancient 'Mickey Mouse' analoge watch, (why not?) and a needler pistol and a black card with 10k credits on it. Wedding band.

Military History:
Former lance commander in Stapleton's Iron Hand. DeMarkus led the rear guard that allowed Pavel Ridzik to escape Tikonov during the failed defense during the Davion Invasion. Has a wife and son (hey look everybody it's Thom!) which he left behind on Warlock. Impassioned by Ridzik's charisma he followed him off to form the FTR. (and shoot at his fave enemies, the Leaguers) This action tarnished his rep and cost him his commission in the CCAF. After Ridzik's assassination he stuck around for a couple of weeks, then became disgusted with himself for following Pavel's ambitions and becoming a Davion lackey. Fearing Maskinrova reprisals against him for his actions at the end of the war he didn't travel back to Warlock, but instead made way for Solaris. Getting work on a dropshit as a tech heading to Solaris was easy and it even earned him some cash to boot.

Over the years DeMarkus has built up quite the reputation as a skilled mechwarrior on Solaris both in group and singles matches. Known for daring and unorthodox tactics he earned quite a following, eventually becoming a back to back Solaris Grand Champion. For several years he fought in blood fueds against other stables and his arch rivals and he was gravely injured during the '40 season suffering irrepairable neuralogical feedback damage from an ammo explosion. He will never pilot a mech again.

Now he takes a back seat managing the stable and lets the younger generation of mechwarriors fight. He offers support and insight to his young stable warriors, as well as his invaluable knowlege and experience.

Dark Secret: Unbeknown to him, he is the illigitimate son of Pavil Ridzik (Hey dude was a womanizer, and he was trying to whoo Candance back in the day...) Has nightmares about the fall of Tikonov.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 02 August 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#16 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

Approved!

#17 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

I would like to state my interest and will have something for this thread in a bit. (Must secure Vodka)

I was sad to see the Windbourne Raven RP crash, however, participating in another of your RPs would be just as good. :(

Edited by Vodkavaiator, 02 August 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#18 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Whenever anyone's got a first post ready, feel free to get this started. More guests will filter in as the reception commences. Also feel free to ask about any background or setting information you'd like for your post.

#19 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

Alright, you I talked me into it.

Name: Kristian Hupetcoff
Callsign: N/A
Born: 18th February, 3030 (Age 19 in 3049)
Experience:
Bell-boy, Commonwealth-Grand Hotel Interstellar
Junior marketing assistant, Quickscell Company (Lyran Branch)
Mech Vehicle: Quickscell Integrity GX (the 3041 hatchback, with custom chrome wheels)

Tall and skinny, with cliche Lyran blue eyes and blonde hair. Has a thin mustache that he thinks make him look cool and dashing, but hasn’t really developed the facial hair density to make it work yet. Wearing a rented tuxedo tailored for a man with larger shoulders than he’s got.

Kristian is at the summit as part of a trade delegation from Quickscell Company. With so many influential military figures here, they’re hoping to set some deals up with both Houses and mercs. Kristian is personally hoping to land a big deal that’ll see him promoted to full marketing assistant and possibly beyond. However, Blankenberg Technologies are also in attendance, and representatives of the two companies have already exchanged sharp words even before the summit officially started. His supervisor, Arielle Falatti, thinks he’s too eager and brash and not really ready for that yet. But he’ll show her...

Open to suggestions if anyone would like to tweak him into a different direction for the sake of RP.

Edited by Sparks Murphey, 09 February 2013 - 01:03 AM.

#20 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

Dude... total random, normal guy? THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!

Wonder how Kristian will hold up when he get's thrusted into a situation which isn't normal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users