A Page From The Pillar of Gold

20 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

(Thurs, 12 January, 3049)

On that mid-October day, ochre and saffron-colored leaves bedeck the rolling, spartan grounds; fall’s bowing grace to winter’s imminent arrival. A stiff, chill breeze rocks caps, ruffles dresses. Plumes of guest-whispered expectations fill the cold dawn. Officers stand ramrod straight, in bright white and red; wives and consorts in plumages of the rainbow make a brilliant backdrop.

The assemblage forms a crescent around a twelve-meter-tall metal rod that stands tall and proud. Upon its brow, a banner snaps in the wind: a black silhouette of a Hatamoto-Chi wreathed in red energy bolts, set against a golden field. The edges of the banner mesh with the leaf-covered hills that flow to the east.

As the rays of the sun breach the distant mountains, the officer glides to the banner pole. All eyes laser-lock to the Gunji-no-Kanrei as he faces the attendees, a golden-sheathed shovel held in hand as gracefully as a katana.

“My honored guests,” Theodore Kurita begins, his voice a tight-mastered modulation of decorum tinged with passion. “At one time the best and brightest of our MechWarriors met each other across a field of mastery. A training ground unlike any in the Inner Sphere to turn students into masters. During the Fourth Succession Wars and subsequent troubles the Dragon in his wisdom mandated the end of that program.”

He pauses, Dragon-eyes peering into the souls of all assembled. Taking their measure, reflecting their pride.

“Yet now, as a new decade approaches, the Dragon knows it is time for a new day. A time for a new spirit of the weapon master to imbue our Pillar of Iron with the strength of the Dragon’s claws. I dedicate this new ground to house a reborn Kensai Kami program. May the strength of our resolve flow to the MechWarriors who man the walls that protect the Draconis Combine.”

I shall never forget…with a strike as clean as any blade cut, loam turns to start a new day.

Autumn, shovel bites earth

Stone, Dragon spirit returns

Iron, strength and wisdom renew

—Shintaro Maku, Combine Press

#2 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

..... and thus was the Greatest Sushi School Ever born into existence!

#3 T0RC4ED

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

EPIC... Thats all ive got to say.

#4 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

Okay, that's what, three mentions of Kensai Kami school, now? Training map and/or series for BattleMech mastery in the Draconis Combine, in-game?

Mason, that's just funny, dude. I don't like Sushi, but I get it. :ph34r:

#5 m0nk33

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOuter Sphere; Cerebus Province; Rushaven

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

Sounds like a training ground, so people new to the series can get accustomed to piloting a mech. That sounds awesome, perhaps an opportunity to do some fighting without loosing c-bills on repair work.

#6 T0RC4ED

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

View Postm0nk33, on 12 January 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

Sounds like a training ground, so people new to the series can get accustomed to piloting a mech. That sounds awesome, perhaps an opportunity to do some fighting without loosing c-bills on repair work.

So this is the place I will go when I want to watch mechs walk into walls and randomly shoot cargo vehicles when they should be hitting targets.
Come on, you all know you did the same thing =)

#7 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

This would be even cooler if this were the way they would INITIALLY place players who want to join a house, into units: Join your house, go into their "School" for one or two mission to learn the ropes and depending on how you performed in those two-three mission, place you in a unit. From there you could move around as you want (ie get invited to join other house units your friend are in).

#8 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 12 January 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

..... and thus was the Greatest Sushi School Ever born into existence!

Ah sushi, one of the few things the Dracs brought to Rasalhague that we actually appreciate!

#9 m0nk33

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOuter Sphere; Cerebus Province; Rushaven

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostT0RC4ED, on 12 January 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

So this is the place I will go when I want to watch mechs walk into walls and randomly shoot cargo vehicles when they should be hitting targets.
Come on, you all know you did the same thing =)

And don't forget shooting friendlies in the back....could make for some entertaining video. "And this, you bunch of ninnies, is not what you shoot at....GET IT!!!"

#10 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostSkwisgaar Skwigelf, on 12 January 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

Ah sushi, one of the few things the Dracs brought to Rasalhague that we actually appreciate!

Blasphemy, fish should be well pickled.

#11 Glorius

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPesht, Pesht Military District, Draconis Combine

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Uh, oh. Domo arigato, devs. *bow* *bow* *bow*

Back to our hearings, gossips, guesses. Whether is it acknowledgement that in game will be Hatamoto-chi?

#12 Dlardrageth

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

Calling it now, February is Mech Haiku contest month!!! :ph34r:

#13 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostDihm, on 12 January 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

Blasphemy, fish should be well pickled.

Only part of fish I care for are the fingers. :ph34r:

#14 Liam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationStuttgart

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

I still hope there will be a shooting ground area for mech testing and practicing, with range marks and targets, even moving targets, that would be nice.

#15 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostAdamBaines, on 12 January 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

This would be even cooler if this were the way they would INITIALLY place players who want to join a house, into units: Join your house, go into their "School" for one or two mission to learn the ropes and depending on how you performed in those two-three mission, place you in a unit. From there you could move around as you want (ie get invited to join other house units your friend are in).
Were that going to be true, it would be nice to have another course or two for the Command role guys to determine if they're really Command role material, so they can be placed appropriately, and then some sort of "early release" exam for Merc Corps Commanders.

#16 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

right where Theodore Kurita belongs. digging graves.

#17 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

The Warriors that serve the Draconis Combine are rightfully regarded as the best trained, most skillful in amongst the 5 Great Houses. While there may be elite warriors serving each house, these words I speak are not bragging, nor are they lies. The Draconis Combine stopped the combined forces of the Federated Commonwealth when they seaked to destroy our culture and our honor in the war of '39. They continually degrade us with their little insults such as saying the new facility is a sushi teaching university.

Their insults are due to their fear. We may not have a military the size of the FedCom, we do not need such a large force however.

As I have said before, there are many skillful warriors serving the Federated Suns, and even a few serving the Lyran side, However we are the best.\

View PostGeist Null, on 12 January 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

right where Theodore Kurita belongs. digging graves.

Why do you talk about an ally in this way?

Edited by verybad, 12 January 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#18 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostAdamBaines, on 12 January 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

I had exactly this association when i read it - how cool would that be?
Lets wait what is made out of it...

#19 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

View Postverybad, on 12 January 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

The Warriors that serve the Draconis Combine are rightfully regarded
Time for me to get out of this convo, I forgot to bring my hip waders.

#20 Gustaf Brackman

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:03 AM

View Postverybad, on 12 January 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

The Warriors that serve the Draconis Combine are rightfully regarded as the best trained, most skillful in amongst the 5 Great Houses.

Never knew that Grayson Death Carlyte belonged to the Draconis Combine!!!

EDIT: Just in case someone misunderstood: This is sarcasm.

Edited by Gustaf Brackman, 13 January 2012 - 05:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users