ISN News Flash

19 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

Wed. Jan 18, 3049: New holodoc purports evidence of secret meeting between current ComStar Primus Waterly and House Kurita in 3034.

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

I wonder why noone ever thought of a romantic relationship between those two. I mean, he's a man, she's a woman, both are dracs... :)

The "rose" in Operation Rosebud could actually mean something totally different, don't you think? ^^

Edited by Thorn Hallis, 18 January 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#3 phalanx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBenjamin District

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:07 AM

Voice of the Dragon reports that the Director of the holodoc was found dead in his home from food poisoning.

#4 Glorius

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPesht, Pesht Military District, Draconis Combine

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:15 AM

Fugu fish obviously. The archive of forbidden Davion propaganda holodiscs has been found in his house.

#5 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hrmmmmmmmmmm, is this where Comstar gives over a bunch of "new" (read Star League) mechs to the Dracs?

(Matthew Lillard from "Hackers" voice) I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink soooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

#6 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 18 January 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

Hrmmmmmmmmmm, is this where Comstar gives over a bunch of "new" (read Star League) mechs to the Dracs?

Part of. The other part is the (re)creation of a ceartain Inner Sphere realm.

(No thx, sir. I don't like fish.)

#7 Glorius

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPesht, Pesht Military District, Draconis Combine

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 18 January 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

(No thx, sir. I don't like fish.)

Would you try our new mushroom soup? :)

Edited by Glorius, 18 January 2012 - 09:33 AM.

#8 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

(Matthew Lillard from "Hackers" voice) I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink soooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Ehhhhh, sort of.

They gave them the crappy Star League mechs that were "second line" or close to being decommissioned, and were supposed to have been stripped of all their high end tech. Fortunately/Unfortunately, there was some shady dealings that happened thanks to a Precentor with snake leanings, and they got some of the top-tier Battlemasters and such.

Comstar complained that the Dracs didn't give over all the worlds from the former Rasalhague Military district (20 worlds of the worlds that make up part of the new Alshain Military District). The Combine complained that the mechs they were getting didn't meet the "contract" they'd made to support the FRR's freedom. So they both ended up looking the other way and calling it done.

Edited by Dihm, 18 January 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#9 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostGlorius, on 18 January 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

Would you try our new mushroom soup? :)

Hmmmmm...mushrooms....I...uhm...have to think about it. ^^

#10 Dlardrageth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 18 January 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

I wonder why noone ever thought of a romantic relationship between those two. I mean, he's a man, she's a woman, both are dracs... ;)

The "rose" in Operation Rosebud could actually mean something totally different, don't you think? ^^

Why would the primus of ComStar even consider any deeper feelings for an infidel unbeliever?

And why would a (socially) high-ranking House Kurita member show any vested interest in some "pseudo-religious nutjob" that in the DC's social pecking order would rank considerably below him?

#11 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostDlardrageth, on 18 January 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

Why would the primus of ComStar even consider any deeper feelings for an infidel unbeliever?

And why would a (socially) high-ranking House Kurita member show any vested interest in some "pseudo-religious nutjob" that in the DC's social pecking order would rank considerably below him?

Well, because maybe she has nice...things to offer... ;)

#12 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 18 January 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

Well, because maybe she has nice...things to offer... ;)

I'd stay far away. Her position on the hot/crazy scale is off the charts.

#13 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

im sure Kurita found something interesting and they are making a tech exchange for access to it

Edited by Geist Null, 18 January 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#14 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

Well, I think the proprer term is "Gave over" because this did happen 15 years ago, as you can tell the FRR is very much in existance at this time...

#15 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 18 January 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

I wonder why noone ever thought of a romantic relationship between those two. I mean, he's a man, she's a woman, both are dracs... ;)

You mean the Coordinator? It's not like Takashi Kurita is desperate for love you know. As ruler of an empire with probably close to a trillion people in it, and with life and death power over every single one of them, as well as wealth that's indescribable (what is he a Quadrillionaire?), despire being somewhat advanced in age, there are many lovely ladies to whom his immense power is highly attractive. Undoubtedly ones that are younger, more attractive, and will keep their mouths shut.

In addition, he is not a fool. Engaging in a romantic relationship with someone like Waterly could only compromise him in the future. She as well is powerful, why would she want to make members of Comstar question her decisions?

The potential repercussions aren't worth getting the rocks off a few times.

Edited by verybad, 18 January 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#16 Lio Lio

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNewport News Virginia

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 18 January 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

Well, I think the proprer term is "Gave over" because this did happen 15 years ago, as you can tell the FRR is very much in existance at this time...

Yes but in less then a year..something tells me they are in for some hard times....

@Verybad I beleive they are talking about Teddy. Takashi is little more than a figure head at that point. Teddy brokered the deal with Comstar

Edited by Lio Lio, 19 January 2012 - 07:44 AM.

#17 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

View Postverybad, on 18 January 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

You mean the Coordinator? It's not like Takashi Kurita is desperate for love you know. As ruler of an empire with probably close to a trillion people in it, and with life and death power over every single one of them, as well as wealth that's indescribable (what is he a Quadrillionaire?), despire being somewhat advanced in age, there are many lovely ladies to whom his immense power is highly attractive. Undoubtedly ones that are younger, more attractive, and will keep their mouths shut.

In addition, he is not a fool. Engaging in a romantic relationship with someone like Waterly could only compromise him in the future. She as well is powerful, why would she want to make members of Comstar question her decisions?

The potential repercussions aren't worth getting the rocks off a few times.

Yeah, but you know, he's also a conqueror (no matter if it is Takashi or Teddy). A member of ComStars First Circuit might have looked like a forbidden apple to him... ;)

#18 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostLio Lio, on 19 January 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

Yes but in less then a year..something tells me they are in for some hard times....

@Verybad I beleive they are talking about Teddy. Takashi is little more than a figure head at that point. Teddy brokered the deal with Comstar

View PostThorn Hallis, on 19 January 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

Yeah, but you know, he's also a conqueror (no matter if it is Takashi or Teddy). A member of ComStars First Circuit might have looked like a forbidden apple to him... ;)

Well same thing goes. You can't get more social points in the Draconis Combine than dating the heir to the Draconis Combine, plus he's reasonably young and a "bad boy" women were lining up for him. Waterly's probably much older than Teddy (don't know for sure), regardless, Teddy had an extremely strategic mind, a night in the sack with forbidden fruit isn't worth much more than that. If you're stupid enough to let your genitalia drag you around, than you're not suitable to be the coordinator. Business before pleasure and all that after all.

Even if she was hot, complicating strategic operations through personal relationships is just...non Kurita style. (Not saying Non-Draconis style, but the Kurita family seems to generally be in control of their hormones) (Unlike the Davion family, that's banged every noble family in the IS it seems (yes including Omi Kurita, at least she died for her sins))

PS responding out of character, I'm not responding as a Drac soldier, but as a btech fan)

Edited by verybad, 19 January 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#19 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

View Postverybad, on 19 January 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

Even if she was hot, complicating strategic operations through personal relationships is just...non Kurita style. (Not saying Non-Draconis style, but the Kurita family seems to generally be in control of their hormones)

Yeah, thats why most of the Kurita noble family had personal courtesans. ;)

#20 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

View PostLio Lio, on 19 January 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

That's how diamonds are formed. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users