34 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

Q: What else will we be able to spend Mechwarrior Credits on? Will it only be Mechs and Mechbays, or can we expect some extra customization (Camos, Fuzzy Dice for the Cockpit :D, ect) or other things too? [Jerot]
A: There will be extra customization like those, yes. I cannot say exactly what - but it will be more than MechBays and 'Mechs :) [GARTH]

Q: Since you have to refill balistic weapon ammo, will there be an option to have it automatically refilled after every battle, instead of having to re-buy and put the ammo back onto the mech? [PoorMansSniper]
A: Yes, we will have that option. As someone who frequently launches sans weapons, I can say I am all for this :P [GARTH]

Q: Don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but everyone asks about the mechs and weapons, but my question is about how if the teams can talk to each other or, if say 2 friends join together how can they talk. [spear]
A: We currently have All Chat (to everyone), Team Chat (to your whole team) and Lance Chat (not currently working, but would talk to your Lance.) [GARTH]

Q: When using the keyboard buttons for throttle, will it be possible to set the incremental change for each button press? I've found in other games that precision with that type of thing is more distracting than it is useful so I'd only need 25% faster or slower with each press. [sweettime]
A: If you 'tap' W or S you can go about 10% faster or slow. Holding the button puts you at max in less than two seconds though. [GARTH]

Q: Will the Atlas be able to punt the Urbanmech? If so, how far will it fly? [iron610]
A: Steiner or Davion? [GARTH]

Q: If I ask a question and you guys don't answer it, will you answer it if someone else asks? [Butane9000]
A: Yes. [GARTH]

Thanks for tuning in everyone!

-The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

Another very disappointing Ask The Devs. Sorry Garth, you've lost your touch.

#3 Riin Suul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

it does feel like each ask the devs has less and less useful information

#4 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

So, can a Steiner Atlas punt an Urbanmech, and if so, how far?

#5 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

Nah, we have better questions he knows nothing about and is afraid to tell it. :)

#6 Sunny0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationMars / Glass Sphere No. 93

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostRiin Suul, on 08 August 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

Totally agree. :/

Posted Image

#7 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

Garth is afraid of breaking NDA... especially after what happened to InouyeClone_632 back when he leaked the ComShield password...

#8 Jost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

Feels to me like every round there's less useful questions, and more garbage.

Of course, every round we already know more, so there's less good questions to ask.

#9 Rhyshaelkan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

View PostAdridos, on 08 August 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Nah, we have better questions he knows nothing about and is afraid to tell it. :)

Yes I will give Garth the benefit of the doubt. As our knowledge of MWO grows we are asking for details that [they] might not be ready to diseminate.

#10 VK4502B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

Q: If I ask a question and you guys don't answer it, will you answer it if someone else asks? [Butane9000]

Trollol!

#11 Riin Suul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostTizzer, on 08 August 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

Problem is the majority of people complaining about the Questions are not in the beta (got a founders tag), also a lot of the questions relate directly to the game (ie the team comuinication question) to which everyone in the Beta already knows . It's not the questions are getting worse , it's just more people know the answer then before if that makes sense. It's a case of everyone not in the beta is asking about game mechanics , and because of the NDA (not that I'm complaining about it so please don't ban me XD) the people who knows the answer ca't answer it.

there are plenty of questions about planned features etc, which people in the beta know no more than anyone else about.
of course there are things that they cant talk about, but out of ALL the questions in the thread they couldnt find a handful of good ones?

#12 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostVK4502B, on 08 August 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Trollol!

I didn't expect to get an answer, thus the question.

#13 Jacob Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

I haven't gotten an official answer yet. What's going on with the matter of salvage? Will we be able to salvage mechs or not?

#14 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostJacob Davion, on 08 August 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

I haven't gotten an official answer yet. What's going on with the matter of salvage? Will we be able to salvage mechs or not?

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: The C-bill reward you receive after a match is your 'salvage', boiled down into a base monetary value.

There is no need to harvest specific items (you can simply purchase every item you wish to equip your mechs with) and giving away parts at cheaper than their normal stock price would devalue the economy (and the in-game C-bill economy is part of the pace of the grind, and the grind has to be carefully paced to entice people into spending MC)

#15 Sivade

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

I'm sad my inquiry about a mobile app for phones tying into the MWO meta failed to make it. Seems like an untapped potential and market. Oh well.

#16 Dakkath

• 1,980 posts
  • LocationG-14 Classified

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

Yeah; i've noticed they have trimmed down their answers quite dramatically.

But hopefully that means they're spending more time programming :)

#17 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostSivade, on 08 August 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

I'm sad my inquiry about a mobile app for phones tying into the MWO meta failed to make it. Seems like an untapped potential and market. Oh well.

The idea has been brought up elsewhere on the forums - I am sure they are aware of the possibility by now :) They are still hard at work on the core game, though - lets let them get that launched, and then see about branching out into a mobile app. I think a lot of what it could / would do will depend on how the meta game / community warfare ends up coming together anyways.

#18 Sivade

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on 08 August 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

The idea has been brought up elsewhere on the forums - I am sure they are aware of the possibility by now :) They are still hard at work on the core game, though - lets let them get that launched, and then see about branching out into a mobile app. I think a lot of what it could / would do will depend on how the meta game / community warfare ends up coming together anyways.

Glad the idea has been discussed then!

#19 Dimestore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationVancouver (Pacific Standard Time Zone)

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 08 August 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: The C-bill reward you receive after a match is your 'salvage', boiled down into a base monetary value.

There is no need to harvest specific items (you can simply purchase every item you wish to equip your mechs with) and giving away parts at cheaper than their normal stock price would devalue the economy (and the in-game C-bill economy is part of the pace of the grind, and the grind has to be carefully paced to entice people into spending MC)

Another weakness of a salvage based system is that it then provides a mechanism for massive loss/gain from each match. If you lose/gain an entire mech in a match then many people will either run & hide when their team isn't clearly winning or commit and rage-quit when they lose their all their mechs.

By extension, this windfall would provide an exploit to super-buff one account by making a bunch of throw-away accounts and intentionally sacrificing their starting mech to the 'real' account. Result: broken economy.

This is connected to why a match...whoops, just about broke nda on a balance/motivation mechanism.

#20 Kyrie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

I'm sad my question didn't get selected for an answer. I understand it might be premature since community warfare is nearly half a year away, but I am really curious as to what the general plan is for how house to house warfare is going to be organized, and up to what point will players control the chain of command. Will we have players acting as house leaders, able to set military strategy, carried out by Military District Commanders/Prefecture COs/Unit COs/Lance Leaders?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users