Weekly Screenshot 4

65 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

And we're back again, with Weekly Screenshot #4!

Posted Image

In this screen, we've got a lot of action going on. The main Atlas has sure taken a beating to his centre torso, as has the Catapult K2 he's facing. Who do you guys think won-out? Which side looks like they have the advantage here? Given the flanking 'Mech behind our Atlas here, my money would be on Team Catapult!

#2 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

In B4 everyone.
Awesome... I'd say the catapult team myself.

Judging by the screenshot... I take it the Cat's design has changed with the pointed nose then?

Edited by Vulpesveritas, 24 May 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#3 MadDog222

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • 17 posts
  • LocationOntario ,Canada

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

nice

#4 Tarellond

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationEU (Czech Republic)

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

I like the level of graphics. This engine can go a long way :P

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

It's a strange feeling.

Knowing that any of those could be the man you spoke with a week ago and now he's there and you're stuck with a picture. :P

And my money's on the team Atlas. If you want them, you need to show us the actual video of results. ^_^

#6 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

The Catapult in front dies from 3-way atlas fire, then the Perspective Atlas dies, then the catapult behind the [late] Perspective atlas was targeted next by team Atlas as the "close-in" atlas was synchronously targeted by the catapults... but Atlases changed their focus to the catapult hiding behind the rock (shooting green in the pic) because it was between them...

That cat goes goes down... the close-in atlas goes down next...

am I close?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 24 May 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#7 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostAdridos, on 24 May 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

It's a strange feeling.

Knowing that any of those could be the man you spoke with a week ago and now he's there and you're stuck with a picture. ^_^

And my money's on the team Atlas. If you want them, you need to show us the actual video of results. :D

No it is a internal screenshot, notice the target mech is testlab :P

#8 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

My count is 6 medium lasers and 2 large lasers on that Catapult, so it's going to be putting a lot of damage into the Atlas pretty quick, regardless of the 'mech behind it. The friendly Atlas behind the Catapult may have something to say about the situation, though.

#9 hildisvini

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationLand of the Free, Home of the Brave

I gotta say team Atlas, more armor and a third mech visible moving in from the NW.
Besides that, the K2 is better designed for longer ranges and has greater maneuverability, but this map is rather open aside from that large rock in the foreground and the two Atlases are already right on top of the Catapults

#10 HellJumper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

Team Cat...look closely on the the radar...there are 4 of them against 3 atlas....1 of whic is about to be taken out...so that will leave 2 atlas vs 3 cats... (1 cat dies)

You need to show us the video so we know who won :P

Edited by HellJumper, 24 May 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#11 Riptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Team atlas is gonna lose...

Reason:

Theres another mech behind the atlas whos shooting its back.

Take a look at its radar.. you see four enemy mechs and only two other friendly mechs.

#12 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

The Atlas in the POV still has time to let loose with some AC/20 and SRM6, and he has another Atlas on the right ready to hammer into the K2's rear armor. I suspect the K2 in the center will not last much longer before being destroyed by the pair of Atlas :P

#13 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

View Posthildisvini, on 24 May 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

I gotta say team Atlas, more armor and a third mech visible moving in from the NW.
Besides that, the K2 is better designed for longer ranges and has greater maneuverability, but this map is rather open aside from that large rock in the foreground and the two Atlases are already right on top of the Catapults

That's a short range K2 - it gave up the PPCs for large lasers. The perspective Atlas also has damaged rear armor, and the radar map shows someone right behind it getting ready to do more damage. There's a fourth unfriendly to the left of the perspective 'mech as well, but thankfully they're facing the wrong way. Doesn't look good for the perspective 'mech.

#14 William Chase Davion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

Looks great. I like Catapults better than Atlases so I'm rooting for team Catapult.

#15 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

I'm thinking the perspective Atlas drops first, but the Catapult goes down pretty quickly from the other Atlas.

#16 oohawkoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

hmm id say its gonna be close but team catapult prolly won ... they got the most mobility of the mechs in that pic =3 .... the one in forground was prolly toast tho its gona get it from front and back like that =3..... tho it could all have been different if that friendly at back has some long range missiles

#17 Xelrah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Catapult's rear doesn`t look to be damaged at all, so if it didn`t face other atlas then it could stay alive for a good while.
Catapult team won imo.

Edited by Xelrah, 24 May 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#18 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

Changing from 4-on-3 to 3-on-2 soon after this shot was taken probably would have helped the Catapults somewhat.

#19 Tolrath

• Pip
  • Menig
  • Menig
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

I hafta agree, 200 tons may be alot of metal to take down, but 4 on 2 and much faster will win even against elite pilots, imho.

#20 hildisvini

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationLand of the Free, Home of the Brave

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

View PostRamien, on 24 May 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

That's a short range K2 - it gave up the PPCs for large lasers. The perspective Atlas also has damaged rear armor, and the radar map shows someone right behind it getting ready to do more damage. There's a fourth unfriendly to the left of the perspective 'mech as well, but thankfully they're facing the wrong way. Doesn't look good for the perspective 'mech.

I believe the southern two enemy mechs are both facing away from the perspective mech, which makes me think that the fourth from team Atlas is in that direction, beyond radar range of the perspective mech. Overall, looks like team Catapult got caught in an ambush in that open ground, especially since their mechs seem to be in a movement formation while team Atlas is in a rough semi-circle around them (if, in fact, that fourth mech is further south), and it seems the perspective and close Atlases just emerged from the hillsides to our perspective right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users