93 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

Here we go again - ask your questions and I'll get as many answers as I can get!

#2 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

Where is BattleMech 16?

#3 Gendou

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

Where is BattleMech 16?

#4 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

Crouching, sidestepping ... are there plans to put them in? Got any info on the gyro stability meter? What about more keyboard functionality? Can we expect more features such as manual keyboard torso twist or throttle presets?

Edited by ManDaisy, 22 August 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#5 Riin Suul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

where is Battlemech 16?

Edited by Riin Suul, 20 August 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#6 Vulture2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Where is Battlemech 16?

#7 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

I doubt this can be answered, but in the reveal trailer you show a Warhammer, Jenner, and an Atlas. The Jenner and Atlas have been announced but not the Warhammer. I believe this is the missing mech #16 people have been asking for. However, from what I've seen on the forums, it's due to legal issues that it hasn't been revealed but I haven't seen a statement from any of the staff that this is the case. There is also the fact the trailer is still up on this site, so you were not forced to remove it. Can we get word on the "unseen" if they are going to be in the game as "reseen" or if you are attempting to get them in the game? I understand legal issues can be iffy and you may not be able to say much, if anything at all, but it'd be nice to know what's happening with that.

Edited by Saber Avalon, 20 August 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#8 McHallen

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Will there be a ranking/level system inside of merc corps as in, depending on the number of people in said merc corp/number of worlds held, would allow accesse to merc corp level spesific actions/benifits?

#9 Zso Sahal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

Where is Battlemech 16? :D

#10 Jake Sorren

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNorthwind

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

Where is Battlemech 16?

#11 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

Can you release which variants are planned for the mechs that have been announced so far? (including those already in the closed beta)

View PostSaber Avalon, on 20 August 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

I doubt this can be answered, but in the reveal trailer you show a Warhammer, Jenner, and an Atlas. The Jenner and Atlas have been announced but not the Warhammer. I believe this is the missing mech #16 people have been asking for. However, from what I've seen on the forums, it's due to legal issues that it hasn't been revealed but I haven't seen a statement from any of the staff that this is the case. There is also the fact the trailer is still up on the site, so you were not forced to remove it. Can we get word on the "unseen" if they are going to be in the game as "reseen" or if you are attempting to get them in the game? I understand legal issues can be iffy and you may not be able to say much, if anything at all, but it'd be nice to know what's happening with that.

The reveal trailer is for a different game (that doesn't exist). The legal status of the Reseen changed shortly after that trailer was released.

#12 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

Question 1:

In Dev Blog 3 of Role Warfare the player is described as being able to choose to take contracts or enter quick matches. Please elaborate on the differences between the two choices.

Question 2:

What will happen to ammo partially used up after each match? For example say I'm in a Centurion with an AC10 that has 1 ton worth of AC10 ammo. If I only fire 6 rounds by the end of the round, will I still have the remaining 4 rounds when I return to mech lab?

#13 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

How much time do you plan on investing torward damage models? Example if the right torso is blown out on a hunchback will this be visable or do we have to take our eyes off the battlefield to look at our hud to get an idea?

#14 Afrowolf

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

As a result of this discussion of PVE, I simply must ask.

Will there be co-op against clan invasion scenarios?
Could there be a random chance of a typical deathmatch turning into one to add in some excitement?
Could we use said events in order to grab some clan equipment should we survive to salvage?

Many thanks in advance.

#15 Hawkeye 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Quite literally laughed my *** off at the Battlemech 16 questions

Which brings me to a few of my own:

1) Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries required you to purchase a Double Heatsink Upgrade before being able to equip double heatsinks to your mech. This upgrade would convert all your single heat sinks to double. Single and double heatsinks were also not allowed to be mixed (standard for all mechwarrior/battletech if I remember correctly). Will this remain the same for MWO or require the purchase of an upgrade first?

2) Will support costs vary between chassis? (i.e. will a light mech be cheaper to maintain than a heavy or an AS7-D cost more to maintain than an AS7-K)

3) Where is Battlemech 16? :D

#16 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

Battlemech 16, wherefore it is?

#17 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Guys stop asking anything else than where is Battlemech 16, Garth will be forced to answer. :D

EDIT: No sense of organisation... hmmm.

I would like to ask, is dropping with a friend handled by a premium like in some other F2P games, or are we free to join up with anyone, being F2P or not?

Edited by Adridos, 22 August 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#18 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

Where is the Mad Cat and why can't I equip clan tech?

#19 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

1...Besides the "where is Battlemech 16 question"... we were told it was planned that we would have 10 unique mech to test/play by the time Open Beta came around. Is this still the paln or has this number maybe changes as in gone up or down?

2... By the game's acctual release launch (not open Beta launch) what are your Mech numbers(total mech #s) launch goal?

View PostAdridos, on 20 August 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

Guys stop asking anything else than where is Battlemech 16, Garth will be forced to answer. :D

My question is the same, where is our 4th assault mech?
i too want to know but who ever said it would be an Assault? Lets not assume just yet on that.

#20 Riin Suul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 20 August 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Where is the Mad Cat and why can't I equip clan tech?

:D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users