ISN News Flash

11 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Fri. Feb 10, 3049: Combine authorities seize Indy press publication claiming Coordinator Yoguchi Kurita not assassinated by Snow Fire.

#2 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Just when you thought the Commonwealth press was bad...wonder where this Indy publisher ended up

#3 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

this confuses me, I thought the Combine did their best to cover up the whole Snow Fire assassination Coordinator Yoguchi Kurita. Would this not make more sense to say the indy press was seized because they were reporting it?

#4 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

Yeah... Snow Fire was not exactly a household name, so anyone who "claimed" that Coordinator Yoguchi Kurita was not assassinated by Snow Fire must be a very high-ranking Draconis Combine member... since only the highest members of the House knew it was a geisha/spy. The public reports released by the D.C. a hundred-and-a-half years ago said Yoguchi was slain while heroically fighting off a team of assassins. So anyone who even dropped the name "Snow Fire" was either part of Lyran Intelligence, a member of the D.C. inner circle, or someone that a member of those afrementioned groups leaked the information to.

I think the only reason this report was intrercepted was because it contained the name "Snow Fire," and so this report could help the Combine track-down the source of the information leak within their ranks.

Now, the InnerSphere News seems to be either a Lyran publication or a ComStar publication, so how could they have kown about this interception unless Lyran Intel or ComStar was involved somehow?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 10 February 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#5 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

im sure it was the lyrans tweaking the dragons nose about the hit.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Snow_Fire

#6 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Prosperity Park summed it up nicely. Only top leadership and most trusted ISF opperatives know what really happened or have access to those records. The name Snow Fire popping up at all means there is a leak.

#7 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

[color=#333333]

45]
CatalystGameLab[color=#999999]@catalystgamelab[/color]

@TaylimTseng You're correct...I was doing it more as an "insider" piece...probably should've conveyed that more thoroughly. rnb

#8 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

Consider Snow Fire has inspired painting and dramas according to Sarna, I'm guessing the Lyran's let the cat out of bag a long time ago while the Combine is still insisting on their version.

#9 Dlardrageth

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hm, first the newsflash about Arnaud Rai, now this. Why does the eord "Wikileaks" come to my mind uninvited all of sudden...? :)

#10 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

I see Comstars helping hand there...not the first time they tried to spark a war by spreading secret informations...

#11 Reb

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSouth

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Once again the Combine flexing their fascist muscles.

#12 Seabear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Texas

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

Seems some one is trying to reopen some old wounds. For what reason? The more one reads the more fasinating these posts become!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users