ISN News Flash

10 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:00 AM

Thur. Aug 30, 3049: Demonstrators interrupt President Avellar’s delivery of Pitcairn Star awards; ‘deal with constant banditry attacks.’

#2 Twosteps

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:11 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 30 August 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

Thur. Aug 30, 3049: Demonstrators interrupt President Avellar’s delivery of Pitcairn Star awards; ‘deal with constant banditry attacks.’

Ooooh, do I hear a clan invasion? : )

#3 JebusGeist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSolaris City International Zone

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:19 AM

I hear contracts coming...

#4 AllFather

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

The Invasion may still be a few years away, but bring them on.

#5 Kartr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

I really hope we get to run contracts for Periphery powers, I'll be working exclusively for the OA! And I don't think the OA was raided by the Clans until after the ***** when they threw back a Snow Raven attack. So this is probably just regular pirates.

Wow! It filtered J i h a d out, that's funny :)

Edited by Kartr, 30 August 2012 - 07:09 AM.

#6 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

This is the Outworld Alliance

The Outworlds Alliance is a major Periphery power located spinward of Terra and the Inner Sphere, bordering both the Draconis Combine and the Federated Suns. This region of space has also been called the "Outer Sphere".

#7 Grotonomus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 367 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMorningside, Pandora OA, Tamar March, Lyran Space, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostTwosteps, on 30 August 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

Ooooh, do I hear a clan invasion? : )

The Outworlds Alliance is on the Right Side of the IS map next to the Draconis Combine and the Federated Suns half of the Federated Commonwealth. No where near the Clan invasion corridor.

View PostAllFather, on 30 August 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

The Invasion may still be a few years away, but bring them on.

Operation Revival, better known as the Clan Invasion has already begun in the periphery. The all out attack on the Major Inner Sphere States starts this coming spring,

#8 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

I was gonna mention, No, the Clans have nothing at all to do with Outworlds Alliance badritry attacks. Those are legit, bandits, not some fool sucka wannabe's like the Clans. Arden there mentioned it earlier however. In about 20 years, the Outworlds Alliance gets taken over by Clan Snow Raven, that's in about 20 tears though.

View PostKartr, on 30 August 2012 - 07:08 AM, said:

I really hope we get to run contracts for Periphery powers, I'll be working exclusively for the OA! And I don't think the OA was raided by the Clans until after the ***** when they threw back a Snow Raven attack. So this is probably just regular pirates.

Wow! It filtered J i h a d out, that's funny :)

Uhh, they're known as the Raven Alliance in the future you know...They didn't keep on throwing them back...

Edited by verybad, 30 August 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#9 Alexander Joe Eisenkreuz Steiner

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

"In about 20 years, the Outworlds Alliance gets taken over by Clan Snow Raven,"

"Taken over" is the wrong word. Outworld Alliance merged with the Snow Ravens, but it's not that the Snow Ravens call all the shot's. It seems still to be a parliamentary confederacy, and OA military and secret service still exist alongside with the SR Touman. And the economy is mostly made up from former OA companies. Guess it has his reasons that it is called Raven Alliance and not Snow Raven Occupation Zone.

Edited by Alexander Joe Eisenkreuz Steiner, 30 August 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#10 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

The Snow Ravens call the shots and make the decisions, they will listen to people in the government, but they run the show.

#11 Alexander Joe Eisenkreuz Steiner

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

Ok, checked that again and it's simply not true. And beside In-Game reasons (see above and there are still more). Just compare the Raven Alliance to the Jade Falcon, Wolves and ****'s Horses OZ (all true takeovers). Totally different. It would also make no sense from a metagame standpoint. Because if the designers wanted it that way, they would simply have done, they would simply come up with a reason, how the SR conquered the OA, pinned Clan Snow Raven on the map where the OA was. Instead they created the story as it stand, which is quite more complex. Also as i gather (according to sarna.net) Clan Snow Raven ceased to exist in 3083.

That said, I'm not inclined to start a lengthy discussion over such an non-issue. If I can't convince you, well worse things happen at the sea, you know. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users