183 replies to this topic

#141 WarHorse

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBradenton, Fla.

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Salute!

I like a tough militaristic style gaming experience. I love RP. I've always been into the Clash of arms, roar of guns in campaign/timed online contests. I bought my 1st gaming/comp to play MW III in 1998. First House I joined was House Steiner. Then ComStar Guards (neutral), and finally formed my own Mercenary unit and lead it for 10 years. Since retiring from command I was free to roam and ended up where I started, half a lifetime ago. A Skye Ranger of House Steiner! I'm with the 4th Skye Rangers. Some days we wear blue, some days we wear green. The 4th is rebuilding after being withdrawn from Hesperus II. We were shot up but we're a long way from dead. I'll be dropping with my Regiment, Commanded by Colonel Alistair Steiner. We are steel hardened salty dogs! We've seen the elephant. Bring it on!

That's why I like being Steiner! :D

Regards,

WarHorse....Out.

#142 Thorgar Wulfson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationConcordia, KS

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

when i started Battletech i was originally house Kurita, then went Merc with the Hounds of Herne, and finally settled my unit into the Stieners for protection from Comstar (they got upset i nerve gassed their troops and blew up a planet).

#143 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostThorgar Wulfson, on 13 July 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

when i started Battletech i was originally house Kurita, then went Merc with the Hounds of Herne, and finally settled my unit into the Stieners for protection from Comstar (they got upset i nerve gassed their troops and blew up a planet).

Posted Image

#144 Thorgar Wulfson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationConcordia, KS

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:33 AM

View PostSkadi, on 13 July 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

Posted Image

it wasnt THAT far down the thread list :D

#145 Raithe

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

I started playing battletech when it first came out (yes I am old :lol:) and when the faction books came out after reading through them I attached myself to Steiner. I have alwasy played Stiener or merc and willcontinue to do so. Stiener just has great appeal as a house for me. I have been a loyal Stiener member for over 25 years.

#146 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

... cause im German, enough said!

#147 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

The Schnitzel and wide variety of tactics such as Frontal Assault, Frontal Assault, Frontal Assault.

#148 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

... becuase Archon knows best!

#149 Tybalt FZ

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

I'm not currently part of Haus Steiner, but the reason I joined up with them 17 years ago was that they were the only House that took me in and gave me some basic training as a completely green player. I've never been the typical "mass makes right" Steiner, but we had a very winning lance and a great training Battalion with the 30th Lyran Guards.

#150 Corbon Zackery

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Corbon Zackery

I joined for one simple reason. Women love guys in uniform after going through officer training I found my self dodging commands as soon as possible. I floated into special operation after all they crunch numbers into big black data banks.

I was promoted to Captain, and sent on a dangerous Special Ops assignment. It seems that intelligence found hidden on a Free Worlds League planet a old Star League supply depot. I was assigned 2 lances my objective was to secure the outpost, raid the computer, and secure any old Star League Battlemechs. Resistance was to be light at the target.

The Jumpship Bounty's Joy entered the system with Free World Markings, and deployed 2 Leopard Dropships also deploying fighters. As we secured the Star League supply depot. 2 Free World Patrol ships who were hiding on the night side of the planet queried the Jumpship Bounty's Joy. With a great effort the Leopard Dropships, and the fighters destroyed 1 and drove off the other patrol ship. However the patrol ships destroyed 1 dropship, and damaged the other so bad it could only make atmospheric hops. The Bounty's Joy jumped out of the system.

This left both lances stranded on planet with 2 more full lances of Star League battlemechs. Reinforcements were 2 long month away. The first priority was to secure coolant for the battlemech's fusion reactors. Thing went smoothly until the news net reported a raid on a nuclear power plant a Phoenix Hawk was recorded by a news team running off with a coolant truck in his hands. After that Free World Guards were posted at all coolant plants forcing us to stiffen off coolant from the Star League outpost reactor.

When relief arrived the Star League outpost was surrounded more and more coolant was needed from the reactor to keep the battlemechs operational. Suddenly the base started to go into lockdown. Most of the support staff was all ready evacuated and a timer started to click down as the reactor went into melt down. Corbon's Foxwolf Lance was the last group to be evacuated. As the Union dropship leaped into the sky the reactor went critical destroying the Free World Troops surrounding the base and causing a small Ice Age that lasted 50 years.

Edited by Corbon Zackery, 31 July 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#151 DiamondSkull

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGray Death Legion, attached to the Skye Rangers.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

Now that's what i like to hear Corbon !

#152 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

I like the Lyran Commonwealth because they have the wealth, the mechs, the luxury and the colors.They even have some well protected factories on Hesperus II. Another fact is that the Archon had created the peace accord that would later turn us into the Federated Commonwealth (thanks to the acceptance of Hanse Davion and the FedSuns) ,a super empire that was a force to be reckoned with.

The Lyran Commonwealth has spawned some pretty notable personalities like Adam Steiner, Anastasius Focht (Fredrick Steiner),Patrick Kell, Morgan Kell (Founders of the Kell Hounds) and Phelan Kell (Khan of Clan Wolf-in-Exile). Among the Clanners, Jerome Winson, Founder of Clan Wolf, had his origins in the Lyran Commonwealth. Even Clan Cloud Cobra has the Steiner bloodname since they had a Steiner nobleman who accompanied them to Exodus.

The lore and notable personalities of House Steiner are the reasons why I will stay with House Steiner through the end. I will fight Katherine and her Lyran "Alliance" when the time comes and jump to the ARDC though.

Edited by Will9761, 26 August 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#153 StarGeezer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 304 posts
  • LocationSyracuse NY, USA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

Oh, this is simple...

Posted Image

#154 Szkarlat M

• PipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 76 posts
  • LocationKittery, St Ives Compact

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

Atlas
Beer
Blondes
Luxury
Money

Country boy from St Ives signing up for Living the Dream Inc.

#155 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostLiGhtning90, on 29 July 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

... becuase Archon knows best!

Flattery will get you everywhere, but first lets work on your spelling... :)

#156 Ultrabeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 992 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDas Amerikas (The US)

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

If you have to ask me, why Steiner, they are just interesting to me in a historical context. Their story economically is similar to that of the US right now, the highest GDP in the world, and economics interest me. So we want to see what happens when a country has a shitload of money and enough noobs to throw it at. :P

#157 Atillius

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOn my couch in my underwear

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

I too am an old Battletech RPG player from the early days and then played all the MWs and even the early battletech computer games. I was always interested in the Steiner House because of what it is.....Since I was an avid WH40K player too, during the same time, I always played Space Marines....I like to color blue....and beer, which I brew myself...and tall leggy, blonde Germanic women...hence my wife, who makes the best schnitzel around....(second to me ofcourse, just don't tell her I said that....she beats me....)

Edited by Atillius, 21 September 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#158 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

Because of the nice hugo boss uniforms, and I can be German for real instead of doing things like:
When I'm on wintersport and bump into people (be it on purpose or accident) I always say: entschuldigung!

Also: Schweinehackse mit $auërkraut und meerrettich sahne, Porsche, western, the mechs, the lore, best faction logo, cool name, blue color, German based and the women.

-edit- Lolwut? You can't say $auërkraut without getting ***ërkraut censored?? what is a "s a u"?

Edited by RadioKies, 21 September 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#159 Ahasver

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 99 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:30 AM

View PostRadioKies, on 21 September 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

what is a "s a u"?

S a u = sow (female Pig)
But that has nothing to do with
s a u e rkraut
s a u e r = sour

#160 Ialti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:44 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 12 June 2012 - 04:57 AM, said:

Last words for a dead man?

...You were very unhappy as a child, weren't you?

Why Steiner? All of the above plus Takeo Ischi.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users