Ask The Devs 10 - Answers!

53 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Q: How closely are you sticking to the BattleTech game stats; are you being as close as possible, or are you seriously messing with them? [Kay Wolf]
A: We use the table-top as our base stats, and then test from there. Most things are still pretty close though. [GARTH]

Q: Are there any plans of using weapons at the back of your mech? [Nash]
A: Currently no. There are many problems with this such as: How do you aim it? How do we make it clear what does what? Does it fire forward or back? In the end it's easier to just make those points fire forward, as there are almost no circumstances where a backwards facing hardpoint would be better. [GARTH]

Q: Will the minimap have the option to switch between rotating with your mech to the minimap always pointing north? [Dracol]
A: We do plan to include this - I personally need static maps or I am incredibly confused myself! [GARTH]

Q: Are there any plans to have a part of the website dedicated to listing mech and weapon specifications? Something we can consult to see things that aren't obvious or can't be reasonably assumed based on canon - rate of fire, of weapons, for example? Or will this info only be visible in the MechLab (or not at all)? [WardenWolf]
A: We have something like this planned. I can't talk much about it, but we do have something in mind we think you'll all really enjoy. [GARTH]

Q: WIll we be able to switch between cluster ammo and slugs with LB-X autocannons? [DerMaulwurf]
A: We plan to have this functionality eventually, but currently it is not available. Who doesn't want lots of different Ammo types, right? [GARTH]

Q: Can you elaborate on any additional game types besides the Deathmatch no-respawn? [Coolant]
A: We plan to have a plethora of different modes, though not all are in yet. We'll be adding many over time. [GARTH]

Q: If an UrbanMech falls in the forest, and no one is around, does it still make a sound? [Astaroth]
A: It sounds like thousands of people screaming "noooo!" [GARTH]

Thanks for reading, and we hope your question got answered!

#2 Sunny0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationMars / Glass Sphere No. 93

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

Thanks for the answers! And hell yea!

#3 Hador

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 545 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

Q: Are there any plans to have a part of the website dedicated to listing mech and weapon specifications? Something we can consult to see things that aren't obvious or can't be reasonably assumed based on canon - rate of fire, of weapons, for example? Or will this info only be visible in the MechLab (or not at all)? [WardenWolf]
A: We have something like this planned. I can't talk much about it, but we do have something in mind we think you'll all really enjoy. [GARTH]

looking forward to seeing that :)

#4 Hawkeye 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

Awesome news on the different ammo types.

#5 Foresale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 July 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

It's this sort of thing that makes me feel incredibly positive about MWO, it's very rare to find Devs who both listen to the community *and* forward plan with regards to what the community may ask for at a later date. Great work guys!

#6 Dimestore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationVancouver (Pacific Standard Time Zone)

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for the info.

Another Q for the Devs: what are the status & plan for 3D support? I.E. has any testing been done?

Just got my new system this weekend & I'm hoping to get the full effect of my Jenner running past a towering Atlas when I finally get into beta :)

Thanks,
Hax

#7 capt bishop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationInside a bunker at a undisclosed location

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

Im happy they will have alot of game modes unlike that certain "other" game.

#8 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Thank you Garth!

Silly urbies falling down :)

#9 Fresh Meat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 779 posts
  • LocationMannequin Republic

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

hooray for lots of game modes... CTF?

#10 Kyoshim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 202 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

Thanks Garth !

#11 Stray Ion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

Q: Are there any plans of using weapons at the back of your mech? [Nash]
A: Currently no. There are many problems with this such as: How do you aim it? How do we make it clear what does what? Does it fire forward or back? In the end it's easier to just make those points fire forward, as there are almost no circumstances where a backwards facing hardpoint would be better. [GARTH]

But I wanted Flamers on the back of my Atlas to make it go faster.

#12 Merciless531

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMA - USA

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

nicccce :) good Q&A.

#13 Scouten

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

You Silly! everyone knows that painting it Red makes it go faster it has nothing to do with fire :)

View PostFresh Meat, on 16 July 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

hooray for lots of game modes... CTF?

oh god CTF would be brutal tons of light mechs dashing around

#14 ChargerIIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 490 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

Was kind of hoping for rear-facing weapons, but I can see the point. Good stuff all around.

#15 TheSassySquatch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 177 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

Loved the Urbie joke at the end.

#16 pesco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

Very glad about the minimap.

Hope you deliver on the gamemodes!

#17 AzureHydra

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

Cars today have a rear view camera. They could just add a rear view camera as one of the cockpit monitors and have a button like...i don't know, hold down left shift to switch to the rear reticle. You will just have to do all the aiming and viewing through that rear view monitor. (The aiming would be the same as the front aiming because the camera can flip the image to make sure your cursor moves the right way.)

#18 LuisPa

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCosta Rica

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

Great info!!! I enjoy reading this SO MUCH! I hope we can get enough radar and map options so we can toggle and choose. If it doesn't give an option to stick to the north, I'll be in a lot of trouble. :)

#19 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 July 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Q: WIll we be able to switch between cluster ammo and slugs with LB-X autocannons? [DerMaulwurf]
A: We plan to have this functionality eventually, but currently it is not available. Who doesn't want lots of different Ammo types, right? [GARTH]

;ASDKFJASD;LKFVAJSDFLKJAS!!! ALL OF MY LOVE! RIGHT HERE!!!! ALL OF IT!

#20 Del Arianni

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationNortheast Atlanta - OTP

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

OMG OMG OMG!!!!
I love you guys!

Can't wait for Aug 7th.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users